Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at New Mexico

On 1/7/2023 at 10:06 PM, Ernie Baer said:

Best win of the season so far.  Half court offense in the 2nd half looked good, especially Harkless.  Anytime as the road team you can get more FT attempts than the home team is very helpful.  McCabe has probably had better statistical games but he really stepped up and settled things down in the 1st half.  

I’d argue he was POTG for getting us back in the game when we were down 12 early and the roof was ready to blow off. Kept us within striking distance

On 1/7/2023 at 10:10 PM, LoboMan59 said:

As I suspected. Lobos have been exposed. Great game by UNLV. Like I was saying, bigger and stronger. Congrats Rebels!

See that's where I disagree. UNLV didn't come across as the bigger or stronger team to me. If anything, Udeze was that. However, they came across as a team that played harder in the second half and you had a team effort including role players stepping up. That was the difference imo.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:16 PM, Lobo Hobo said:

Congrats Rebels. You out played us, simple as that. 

Not gonna lie, I was relieved to see the rebels hustling for loose balls again, as well as rebounds. They seemed to take a break from that in the first two games in conference, and I did not have much confidence for a win tonight, especially at the Pit. Your team will adjust, they're too good not to, and will be right up there at the end of the season.

I think I'll make the road trip to the pit next year.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:07 PM, Rosegreen said:

UNLV continues to show they are a second half team. If they can keep their head down and eke out some more wins until Parquet comes back, they should be fine heading into March. 

They also need to be smarter down the stretch in clutch situations and eliminate the stupid mistakes. Harkless, I love you man, but what the hell? 

On 1/7/2023 at 10:26 PM, UNLV2001 said:

As I have said NUMEROUS TIMES .........DO  NOT take ANY MWC team / game for granted 

UNLV 1-2.......was totally expecting 0-3 

It was a must win.. they knew it and they fought like it. Like I said, they were backed into the corner, lobos were up 12 and the Pit was rocking… and they fought and clawed their way back. Their defensive intensity in the 2nd half was fantastic and was the difference.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:31 PM, B_Lootz said:

It was a must win.. they knew it and they fought like it. Like I said, they were backed into the corner, lobos were up 12 and the Pit was rocking… and they fought and clawed their way back. Their defensive intensity in the 2nd half was fantastic and was the difference.

Might have been a "must " win, but I admit, I had UNLV losing .......It's a huge and now sets the table for a rebound from the 0-2 start ........and it's a major road win in the MWC 

On 1/7/2023 at 9:27 PM, B_Lootz said:

They also need to be smarter down the stretch in clutch situations and eliminate the stupid mistakes. Harkless, I love you man, but what the hell? 

He was awful at the end of the game in the few possessions right before he fouled out. Even the crazy shot he made should have been a travel. Then the 5 second violation and the foul on a 3.  Just like SJSU... he was the absolute only reason we were in it at the end, as well as the reason we lost. Would love to see more consistency from him but he put us on his back for much of the 2nd half.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png