Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at New Mexico

On 1/7/2023 at 9:00 PM, PTR said:

Helluva a win for UNLV.

Lobos proving to be a bit of a paper tiger. 

Stop. Lobos are very good. Conference is hard. Going to be losses all around.

I'd look for UNM to come crashing back to earth pretty quickly. In this conference likely .500 ish. 

On 1/7/2023 at 10:03 PM, toonkee said:

Stop. Lobos are very good. Conference is hard. Going to be losses all around.

Appreciate the pep talk, but good ranked teams don't lose in that environment. UNM seemed to be impacted by the crowd more than Rebs. That can't happen. Like I said though great win for the Rebs. Harkless absolutely snatched the Pit's soul tonight 

Best win of the season so far.  Half court offense in the 2nd half looked good, especially Harkless.  Anytime as the road team you can get more FT attempts than the home team is very helpful.  McCabe has probably had better statistical games but he really stepped up and settled things down in the 1st half.  

On 1/7/2023 at 9:00 PM, PTR said:

Helluva a win for UNLV.

Lobos proving to be a bit of a paper tiger. 

NOT. AT. ALL. The lobos are a very good team, I don't want to see you lobo fans get down on them, it's early, and I'm glad to see you doing well. I'm even more glad we won, but stop that talk, lol.

Rebs temporarily pop the Lobos bubble. Losing at home after a loss to Fresno not good. Still a long way to go and there’s going to be a lot more upsets. Lobos will still end up top three IMO and will make the Dance. To do that they need better team play under control and not so much one on one. 

As I suspected. Lobos have been exposed. Great game by UNLV. Like I was saying, bigger and stronger. Congrats Rebels!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Rebels showed that toughness I saw early in the season in not folding and coming back from that hole they dug themselves in early. In a hostile environment to boot. Proud of what I saw tonight as well as Keshon getting it together after a terrible start, very encouraging...

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 1/7/2023 at 9:08 PM, soupslam1 said:

Rebs temporarily pop the Lobos bubble. Losing at home after a loss to Fresno not good. Still a long way to go and there’s going to be a lot more upsets. Lobos will still end up top three IMO and will make the Dance. 

That's all I care about this season. Getting back to the Dance. Can't drop too many games though because the bubble can be quite unforgiving for a non-P5.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:07 PM, Rosegreen said:

UNLV continues to show they are a second half team. If they can keep their head down and eke out some more wins until Parquet comes back, they should be fine heading into March. 

That's what I took as well. UNLV absolutely asserted themselves in the 2nd half and never seemed affected by the best crowd UNM has had in a decade. Conversely, the moment was too big for a senior heavy UNM team. 

On 1/7/2023 at 9:10 PM, LoboMan59 said:

As I suspected. Lobos have been exposed. Great game by UNLV. Like I was saying, bigger and stronger. Congrats Rebels!

I think similar to the Rebels that have to adjust a bit after their cupcake city OOC...

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 1/7/2023 at 10:07 PM, Lobonado said:

Bad week, Need to refocus and get back at it. A win at SDSU and this loss will be forgotten.

SDSU is probably the team UNM matches up with the worst in conference. I'd be shocked if they pull that one out. Conversely UNM actually matched up quite well with UNLV, but really didn't respond well with they got punched in the mouth.