Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

Fresno to the P5?

On 2/1/2023 at 9:58 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I'm just so happy that BYU, Utah, Big 12 and AAC fans have a place to come and talk conference realignment.  

You think this is the only place?  I co-own one of them.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/1/2023 at 10:36 PM, e-zone99 said:

What is SDSU all time record with BYU in football?  BYU has won the last 6 game against SDSU and 9-1 in the last 10 game or 13-2 in the last 15.  Or do you mean MWC football titles, because BYU hasn't been in the conference since 2010?

No one is questioning BYU’s overall dominance of the Aztecs in football but SDSU did win the game in 2019. I know because I was there.

SMOKE 'EM IF YOU'VE GOT 'EM!

On 2/1/2023 at 7:36 PM, e-zone99 said:

What is SDSU all time record with BYU in football?  BYU has won the last 6 game against SDSU and 9-1 in the last 10 game or 13-2 in the last 15.  Or do you mean MWC football titles, because BYU hasn't been in the conference since 2010?

This is going to sound crazy buts it’s true. In the last decade SDSU and BYU are 1 and 1. The 6 game streak you are taking about was from 2006-2012. IOW, that 6 game streak happened when we were still coming out of the cellar. It would be interesting to see if much like with Boise, the parity has improved.

On 2/2/2023 at 7:59 AM, AztecSU said:

This is going to sound crazy buts it’s true. In the last decade SDSU and BYU are 1 and 1. The 6 game streak you are taking about was from 2006-2012. IOW, that 6 game streak happened when we were still coming out of the cellar. It would be interesting to see if much like with Boise, the parity has improved.

I didn't even remember the 2019 game, maybe because it was a very ugly game for BYU that as a fan was best to forget.  BYU out gains SDSU 416 yards to 269 and only score 3 points.  I guess 3 turnovers, 1 of 3 on 4th down, and 2 missed 26 yard FG (drive ball 15 plays, 82 yard miss a 26 yard FG; drive ball 16 plays 87 yards miss a 26 yard FG) can cause a loss of memory.  Thanks for letting me remember that nightmare of a game.

On 2/1/2023 at 7:36 PM, e-zone99 said:

How many recent football seasons has YBU finished ranked? And what about head-to-head basketball records recently?

On 2/1/2023 at 5:30 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

To answer this question of the OP. Fresno to the p5???  I have been through every thought and emotion when it comes to conference realignment and Fresno’s chance of getting in. Short answer is I am pretty sure we don’t get into the PAC12-2 however I do think we stand a chance to get an invite to the B12 should they decide to expand. If the B12’s goal to raid PAC were successful and let’s be honest I don’t think they have a chance but for argument sake let’s say they were successful. I believe at that point Fresno stands a good chance at a PAC invite.

short answer: we have a good to really good chance to get into the B12 depending on what happens with PAC. 

I realize while writing that I need to get a life…. This conference bullchit has aged me by at least 20 years.

You have it backwards.  It’s written into the big 12 contract that the espn portion will allow only p5 additions.  You stand a much better chance of getting into the PAC, as the odds are precisely 0% for the big12.  That said I still feel you’re second in line for the PAC so keep fingers crossed.  Honestly this ongoing PAC dysfunction will help you and UNLV the most imo. 

On 2/2/2023 at 2:03 PM, e-zone99 said:

I didn't even remember the 2019 game, maybe because it was a very ugly game for BYU that as a fan was best to forget.  BYU out gains SDSU 416 yards to 269 and only score 3 points.  I guess 3 turnovers, 1 of 3 on 4th down, and 2 missed 26 yard FG (drive ball 15 plays, 82 yard miss a 26 yard FG; drive ball 16 plays 87 yards miss a 26 yard FG) can cause a loss of memory.  Thanks for letting me remember that nightmare of a game.

I'm surprised you didn't become an alcoholic after that game.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/2/2023 at 5:27 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

You have it backwards.  It’s written into the big 12 contract that the espn portion will allow only p5 additions.  You stand a much better chance of getting into the PAC, as the odds are precisely 0% for the big12.  That said I still feel you’re second in line for the PAC so keep fingers crossed.  Honestly this ongoing PAC dysfunction will help you and UNLV the most imo. 

LOL at this. You act like you speak for your school from a position of power.. The B12 was desperate as hell when they added average at best G5 football programs like UCF and Cincy. Houston football is hot garbage. I think BYU is a solid add. If the B12 knew the B10 was going to slice a few pounds of meat off of the P12 and the B12 wasn't already watered down with new trash like your school, they might have been able to lure some good P5 schools from the P12 to get a better contract.

I'm willing to bet UCF, Cincy and Houston added pennies on the dollar in revenue value to the new contract. Other than getting a new Florida market, UCF is worthless.  Just a warm body and extra mouth to feed.

Fresno is a much, much better football program than UCF and the other new trash with the exception of BYU.

Every other P5 conference would laugh and walk away when they saw the cardboard box UCF has built for an athletic department.

You guys won the lucky poverty lottery. Nothing more. 

On 2/3/2023 at 8:47 AM, utenation said:

LOL at this. You act like you speak for your school from a position of power.. The B12 was desperate as hell when they added average at best G5 football programs like UCF and Cincy. Houston football is hot garbage. I think BYU is a solid add. If the B12 knew the B10 was going to slice a few pounds of meat off of the P12 and the B12 wasn't already watered down with new trash like your school, they might have been able to lure some good P5 schools from the P12 to get a better contract.

I'm willing to bet UCF, Cincy and Houston added pennies on the dollar in revenue value to the new contract. Other than getting a new Florida market, UCF is worthless.  Just a warm body and extra mouth to feed.

Fresno is a much, much better football program than UCF and the other new trash with the exception of BYU.

Every other P5 conference would laugh and walk away when they saw the cardboard box UCF has built for an athletic department.

You guys won the lucky poverty lottery. Nothing more. 

Oh come on @utenation, we all know their value lies in a reduced payout so the other Schools can fatten up and guaranteed W's for their first couple of seasons.

Their first five years are going to be a huuuuge dose of ugly stick beat downs 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/2/2023 at 5:27 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

How many recent football seasons has YBU finished ranked? And what about head-to-head basketball records recently?

BYU AP Poll Ranking since 2000

2021 #19 10-3

2020 #11 11-1

2011 Just outside AP #26, #25 Coaches Poll 10-3

2009 #12 11-2

2008 #25 10-3

2007 #14 11-2

2006 #16 11-2

2001 #25 12-2

SDSU AP Poll Ranking since 2000

2021 #25 12-2

2016 #25 11-3

With basketball it's been pretty even (5 and 5 in the last 10 meetings), but it's been that way since Coach Fisher.  BYU is 7-4 against Utah since leaving the MWC and 11-4 in the last 15 games (dating back to the 2009-10 season.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:27 PM, Did I hear a WOOSH? said:

Well then provide the source or link to the proof?? 

On 2/3/2023 at 11:57 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

Well then provide the source or link to the proof?? 

This is one of those rare occasions Woosh isnt wrong.  Sorta...It's not that the contract wont ALLOW G5 additions, its just that the pro rata clause only applies to P5 schools for ESPN, and there is no pro rata clause for Fox.  No pro rata clause means any additional money for expansion would have to be negotiated.  It's unlikely said negotiations would make the conference whole, since the purpose of a pro rata clause is to do just that.  And the league's schools will certainly not take a revenue cut for anybody but a P5 school.

https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/big-12s-pro-rata-clause-reportedly-applies-only-to-power-five-schools-espns-part-of-media-rights-deal.html#:~:text=The Big 12 negotiated a,the Big 12%2C sources say.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

2 hours ago, RSF said:

This is one of those rare occasions Woosh isnt wrong.  Sorta...It's not that the contract wont ALLOW G5 additions, its just that the pro rata clause only applies to P5 schools for ESPN, and there is no pro rata clause for Fox.  No pro rata clause means any additional money for expansion would have to be negotiated.  It's unlikely said negotiations would make the conference whole, since the purpose of a pro rata clause is to do just that.  And the league's schools will certainly not take a revenue cut for anybody but a P5 school.

https://awfulannouncing.com/ncaa/big-12s-pro-rata-clause-reportedly-applies-only-to-power-five-schools-espns-part-of-media-rights-deal.html#:~:text=The Big 12 negotiated a,the Big 12%2C sources say.

So technically he is wrong as he continually states it. 

On 2/5/2023 at 12:44 PM, since1670 said:

I have not checked the contracts but I think that clause only applies to the future contract not the existing one. The Big-12 just added G5 schools.

That's true, but any additions wouldn't joining until the new deal anyways.