Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

idkk

Fresno to the P5?

On 1/13/2023 at 12:39 PM, e-zone99 said:

So do really feel like the Pac is well managed?   Once the that paste is out of the tube (giving the conference a full share for operating expenses) it's going to be very hard to put it back in...

Does it really matter to you? You only look for dark storm clouds when talking about the P12. For the reasons I mentioned in this thread. Whatever I say that is positive doesn't even hit your radar.. And you will just wait for the next chance to pour gas on any chance you get.

The better question is, how many Utah fans bullied you in grade school? There's deeper issues in play for your Utah hate and why the P12 has always rejected BYU.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:43 PM, utenation said:

Does it really matter to you? You only look for dark storm clouds when talking about the P12. For the reasons I mentioned in this thread. Whatever I say that is positive doesn't even hit your radar.. And you will just wait for the next chance to pour gas on any chance you get.

The better question is, how many Utah fans bullied you in grade school? There's deeper issues in play for your Utah hate and why the P12 has always rejected BYU.

You think I want the Pac to fail, not hardly I want Utah in that conference as long as possible.  It wasn't until 2017 until Utah actually passed BYU in Athletic Revenue (this last year BYU: $64,683,976 and Utah $71,380,496), so it's not like BYU was hurting that much because of revenue difference.  The majority of BYU's games were on national TV also, so exposure was not a problem either.  The biggest difference has been not having that P5 label, Utah and other Pac schools (the rest P5 schools for that matter) has use that against BYU in recruiting (it's not like BYU doesn't have recruiting limitations anyways in recruiting).

So if BYU gets the projected $50 million in Big12 distribution in 2025 vs the $3 or $4 million they get from the WCC things will look a lot different in that area.  The Big12 gives BYU much better Bowl options, which has been used against them in recruiting also.  Their exposure should also take a little bump also, with better games later in the year than they have been getting (they will be playing conference games).  Most important is now BYU will have that P5 label, recruiting will always be tough for BYU (but it's a lot easier now that what it was).

On 1/13/2023 at 1:59 PM, e-zone99 said:

You think I want the Pac to fail, not hardly I want Utah in that conference as long as possible.  It wasn't until 2017 until Utah actually passed BYU in Athletic Revenue (this last year BYU: $64,683,976 and Utah $71,380,496), so it's not like BYU was hurting that much because of revenue difference.  The majority of BYU's games were on national TV also, so exposure was not a problem either.  The biggest difference has been not having that P5 label, Utah and other Pac schools (the rest P5 schools for that matter) has use that against BYU in recruiting (it's not like BYU doesn't have recruiting limitations anyways in recruiting).

So if BYU gets the projected $50 million in Big12 distribution in 2025 vs the $3 or $4 million they get from the WCC things will look a lot different in that area.  The Big12 gives BYU much better Bowl options, which has been used against them in recruiting also.  Their exposure should also take a little bump also, with better games later in the year than they have been getting (they will be playing conference games).  Most important is now BYU will have that P5 label, recruiting will always be tough for BYU (but it's a lot easier now that what it was).

LOL. Interesting revenue numbers. BYU math again? Utah's 2020/21 revenue of $71 million was coming off a COVID year. Not an accurate comparison for where Utah has been as far as revenue.

Here are Utah's numbers since 2016.

image.png.41c757679f8cbc4ff7bfb2524ae5b394.png

http://goutahutes.com/utah-athletics-2019-revenue-skyrockets-heres-the-full-breakdown/

Utah didn't pass BYU until 2017 you say? I call bullshit. I did a quick search for BYU's numbers by year. Didn't find much. I did see BYU was around $46 mill in 2015/16 or so. And maybe around $67 million in 2018.  I'm pretty sure BYU has never sniffed the $80 million range, let alone the $100 million range. But by all means, post BYU’s numbers by year and let’s see. 

But once again, thanks for proving my point. It's all about what Utah is doing for guys like you. It's all doom and gloom for Utah and the P12. BTW, Utah's next revenue report will include all the added revenue from the tons of premium seating added in our south end zone addition.  Once BYU starts getting B12 money, maybe you can replace your 55 inch piece of shit video board in the end zone. 

On 1/31/2023 at 10:18 AM, utenation said:

LOL. Interesting revenue numbers. BYU math again? Utah's 2020/21 revenue of $71 million was coming off a COVID year. Not an accurate comparison for where Utah has been as far as revenue.

Here are Utah's numbers since 2016.

image.png.41c757679f8cbc4ff7bfb2524ae5b394.png

http://goutahutes.com/utah-athletics-2019-revenue-skyrockets-heres-the-full-breakdown/

Utah didn't pass BYU until 2017 you say? I call bullshit. I did a quick search for BYU's numbers by year. Didn't find much. I did see BYU was around $46 mill in 2015/16 or so. And maybe around $67 million in 2018.  I'm pretty sure BYU has never sniffed the $80 million range, let alone the $100 million range. But by all means, post BYU’s numbers by year and let’s see. 

But once again, thanks for proving my point. It's all about what Utah is doing for guys like you. It's all doom and gloom for Utah and the P12. BTW, Utah's next revenue report will include all the added revenue from the tons of premium seating added in our south end zone addition.  Once BYU starts getting B12 money, maybe you can replace your 55 inch piece of shit video board in the end zone. 

You can use the Go Utah Utes site, but I get my numbers from what Utah reports to the US Department of Education (just like all the other school need to except for Air Force, Army, and Navy);

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/details

Utah; BYU

2016 Revenues $70,346,405; $62,563,279

2017 Revenues $74,774,278; $67,733,712

2018 Revenues $82,467,618; $79,644,919

2019 Revenues $94,177,912; $72,622,845

2020 Revenues $89,893,359; $75,233,084

2021 Revenues $71,380,496; $64,683,976

These the number reported by both schools to the US Department of Education for Title IV funding under the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA).

On 1/31/2023 at 2:55 PM, e-zone99 said:

You can use the Go Utah Utes site, but I get my numbers from what Utah reports to the US Department of Education (just like all the other school need to except for Air Force, Army, and Navy);

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/institution/details

Utah; BYU

2016 Revenues $70,346,405; $62,563,279

2017 Revenues $74,774,278; $67,733,712

2018 Revenues $82,467,618; $79,644,919

2019 Revenues $94,177,912; $72,622,845

2020 Revenues $89,893,359; $75,233,084

2021 Revenues $71,380,496; $64,683,976

These the number reported by both schools to the US Department of Education for Title IV funding under the Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act (EADA).

Back to what you said. Utah finally passed BYU in revenue in 2017.  Wrong. It looks like Utah was ahead of BYU for each year you provided.  I know that stings like an open cut. 

Again, thanks for buttoning up my point.  There’s no need to debate Utah/BYU numbers on this thread. 

Utah’s football program is light years ahead of BYU in just about everything. 

On 1/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, Nevada Convert said:

You’re wound as tight as a baseball. This is smack humor you goof. 

Actually he was just smacking back.  I didn't see TT take it personal, and I just read through the whole thing.

On 1/31/2023 at 3:05 PM, utenation said:

Back to what you said. Utah finally passed BYU in revenue in 2017.  Wrong. It looks like Utah was ahead of BYU for each year you provided.  I know that stings like an open cut. 

Again, thanks for buttoning up my point.  There’s no need to debate Utah/BYU numbers on this thread. 

Utah’s football program is light years ahead of BYU in just about everything. 

I did notice I was a year and that's why I had no problem post 2016 numbers.   BYU had stayed ahead of Utah until Utah started getting a full share in Pac distribution and was lazy by adding 6 years to 2011 (NCAA credits, pay on 6 year time table).  BYU got a full share of WCC NCAA credits from day one, but WCC NCAA credits do not equal Pac NCAA credits.

On 2/1/2023 at 1:35 PM, e-zone99 said:

I did notice I was a year and that's why I had no problem post 2016 numbers.   BYU had stayed ahead of Utah until Utah started getting a full share in Pac distribution and was lazy by adding 6 years to 2011 (NCAA credits, pay on 6 year time table).  BYU got a full share of WCC NCAA credits from day one, but WCC NCAA credits do not equal Pac NCAA credits.

Why are you so invested in Utah comparisons? You are putting a lot of effort into this. Is it because Utah has beat your ass down on the football field the last two decades?

You’d think BYU fans would be happy with their new B12 membership and go about their business. 

Your obsession is getting kinda creepy.

On 1/31/2023 at 11:58 PM, CPslograd said:

how the hell did this thread become about the borg?

BYU fans are on mission to see the P12 fail. It’s our fault. Utah has beaten them so bad in football for many years they are beyond depressed. 

Not to mention.

A few years ago, Utah really did try to divorce BYU but their dirty, shady in state  politicians cock blocked us from doing so. Their bitterness towards us leaving them had made them violently obsessive. 

So let me apologize to Fresno and MWC fans. BYU shouldn’t be your mess to deal with. Utah caused these problems. 

religion aside I seriously try to stir clear of BYU fans. I admire the program’s new 2023 football schedule (actually admittedly I am kinda jealous of it). The program has improved their lot in life despite the humiliation and pain they endure each time they see or are reminded how the Utes have out done them in what is probably every aspect of higher education and sports. I can only imagine that when reminded their  narcissistic wound scar cracks m, opens up and bleeds just a little.

In all seriousness, My observations are that the fan base has an obsession to be perfect and the best.  BYU fabs have their own reality of what is real and imagined. I Stir clear even though I am kinda stirring the pot. It needs to be said. BYU needs to look itself in the mirror.

The fan base in general are annoying.

To answer this question of the OP. Fresno to the p5???  I have been through every thought and emotion when it comes to conference realignment and Fresno’s chance of getting in. Short answer is I am pretty sure we don’t get into the PAC12-2 however I do think we stand a chance to get an invite to the B12 should they decide to expand. If the B12’s goal to raid PAC were successful and let’s be honest I don’t think they have a chance but for argument sake let’s say they were successful. I believe at that point Fresno stands a good chance at a PAC invite.

short answer: we have a good to really good chance to get into the B12 depending on what happens with PAC. 

I realize while writing that I need to get a life…. This conference bullchit has aged me by at least 20 years.

On 2/1/2023 at 4:30 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

short answer: we have a little to no chance to get into the B12 depending on what happens with PAC. 

Fify

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 2/1/2023 at 3:16 PM, FresnoStateBulldogFan said:

BYU fabs have their own reality of what is real and imagined. 

BYU fans are going to get a nice reality check in about 8 months when they finally play big boy football with a real schedule.  Except if they play cupcakes like Cincy, UCF and toilet rangers like Houston. 

BYU loses to cupcakes all the time. They don’t have a QB, defense, depth or much speed at the skill positions. 2023 will likely be brutal. Provo might be on suicide watch next season when reality hits. 

For some reason, I don’t think their fans will want to do all these silly comparisons next year. 

Whether accurate or not, YBU fans are obsessed with the public perception of their school's inferiority to Utah. It's an attitude I can identify with since for most of our history of being in the same conference with YBU, SDSU fans have been obsessed with that school because of the public perception that it is superior to SDSU. That same perception annoys Fresno fans with respect to SDSU.

However, viewed objectively and historically, SDSU has definitely narrowed the gap with the school in Provostan. Although the same can't be said about Fresno vis-a-vis SDSU, being hell bent to catch us HAS improved Bulldog Nation.

On 2/1/2023 at 6:30 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

Whether accurate or not, YBU fans are obsessed with the public perception of their school's inferiority to Utah. It's an attitude I can identify with since for most of our history of being in the same conference with YBU, SDSU fans have been obsessed with that school because of the public perception that it is superior to SDSU. That same perception annoys Fresno fans with respect to SDSU.

However, viewed objectively and historically, SDSU has definitely narrowed the gap with the school in Provostan. Although the same can't be said about Fresno vis-a-vis SDSU, being hell bent to catch us HAS improved Bulldog Nation.

What is SDSU all time record with BYU in football?  BYU has won the last 6 game against SDSU and 9-1 in the last 10 game or 13-2 in the last 15.  Or do you mean MWC football titles, because BYU hasn't been in the conference since 2010?

On 2/1/2023 at 5:30 PM, 818SUDSFan said:

I liked what you did there. Nice bait job but me not going to bite!