Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

CSU at Nevada

The Pack are the home team and are favored by 4.5 points with the o/u at 140.

Not sure what the injury situation is with CSU, but this is a game they really need. I’m not sold on Nevada. If healthy I think the Rams cover. Not knowing I’m staying away from this game. It’ll be carried by FS1 at 8:30 PM MT

On 1/4/2023 at 9:20 AM, soupslam1 said:

The Pack are the home team and are favored by 4.5 points with the o/u at 140.

Not sure what the injury situation is with CSU, but this is a game they really need. I’m not sold on Nevada. If healthy I think the Rams cover. Not knowing I’m staying away from this game. It’ll be carried by FS1 at 8:30 PM MT

I'm very surprised that the ESPN Matchup Predictor says 81% probability of a win for Nevada.  Nevada is a grind it out team who has played well to this point.  However, it's hard to believe they would have an 81% chance of winning any game against a MWC team.  

On 1/4/2023 at 11:38 AM, packNV said:

I'm very surprised that the ESPN Matchup Predictor says 81% probability of a win for Nevada.  Nevada is a grind it out team who has played well to this point.  However, it's hard to believe they would have an 81% chance of winning any game against a MWC team.  

This Nevada team has shown that they can play at a high level on certain days such as when they blew out Sam Houston by 18 who’s a NET Top 25, has beaten Oklahoma and Utah (both Top 50), and has beaten two opponents by 81 and 87 points in OOC. 

But you just never know how the two teams match up with so many new players and who shows up to play harder. 

All I know is our students should have a big goofy head of Norvell behind the basket, and a big head of Tim Miles and a SJSU logo below it to remind them that they lost to SJSU at home.

Green Infection will be there:

B66ADA95-F3CB-490D-ADF8-1C64BC8266FF.jpeg.850634e30c3b6097d4274a2c7dbe6a1f.jpeg

Norvell will not be there:

F0C36A13-EF80-4178-B301-15FF0D56BD8E.png.2f2ae128470bee86a645744e54d10dc3.png

The CSU Cheer Team will be there:

9CC5DE5D-9003-4E6D-B893-320A4644378D.webp.dddef6a280c8431bf257520cc47db679.webp

kat.jpg

On 1/4/2023 at 11:38 AM, packNV said:

Yes, after losing 3 of the best players (who are all doing very well with their new teams), I think we're all very happy and  surprised at the turn around from last year but still holding our collective breath. Alford is doing a great job so far this year.

Just made a little bet = Nevada -4 

Think NV can cover that easy - sort of surprised the number was 6 to 8 in Nevada's favor 

Also added a 1st half bet with NV -2.5 

Think NV wins & will be surprised if it's within 2 or 3 points / one possession ........could see NV win by 10+ 

Tough call.  I'd lean pretty heavily towards UNR winning this one, but...CSU is not lacking talent.  They just struggle putting it together.  Any given night and it's a whole different ball game.  I'm not saying tonight's that night, just that you can't count them out until they show they're out.

On 1/4/2023 at 3:22 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Just made a little bet = Nevada -4 

Think NV can cover that easy - sort of surprised the number was 6 to 8 in Nevada's favor 

Also added a 1st half bet with NV -2.5 

Think NV wins & will be surprised if it's within 2 or 3 points / one possession ........could see NV win by 10+ 

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes