Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronco7454

Mountain West Softball 2023

It's not "official" but the seeding for the 2023 MWC softball championship tournament will almost certainly be the following:

First Round Games on Thursday - 5-11-23

# 4 Seed San Jose State vs. # 5 Seed Fresno State

# 3 Seed Colorado State vs. # 6 Seed Nevada

Winners of those two games will be in the double elimination part of the tournament  and face:

# 1 Seed - Boise State (# 4 or # 5 Seed)

# 2 Seed - San Diego State (# 3 or # 6 Seed)

I say it's not official but Utah State is leading San Jose State 7-2 in the bottom of the ninth inning with 1 out after Utah State exploded for 5 runs in the top of the 9th inning in a game that was tied 2-2 for quite a while. IF San Jose State had won today's game they would be playing Nevada and Colorado State would be facing Fresno State.  And as I write this Utah State turns a double play and that game is now over.

Nevada 4 - San Diego State 5

Nevada falls against San Diego State in a battle to the seventh inning, 5-4. 

Carley Brown was the starter in the circle for 4.1 innings before Tyra Clary came in to play. Brown gave up six hits, five runs, and two walks, while Clary had three hits under her 1.2 innings played. 

Nevada jumped on the scoreboard first with a two-run home run by Aaliyah Jenkins in the top of the third. The Aztecs put the game within one in the bottom of the fourth before taking the 5-2 lead in the fifth inning. 

Jenkins scored on a grounded out by Herrera after her second triple of the season for a 5-3 score in the top of the sixth. 

Charli Hawkins cut the deficit of the score to 5-4 on a single through left-center that scored Tatum Maytorena. 

Up Next:

Nevada will now face the #1 Boise State  Friday at 3 p.m. to survive in the championship. Fans can watch the game at Mountain West Network and follow live stats here

San Diego St plays San Jose State before at 11 AM.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

On 5/13/2023 at 7:53 AM, Lester_in_reno said:

Boise St walks off Nevada in extra innings by 1.

SDSU beat SJSU.

And SJSU beats Boise 2-1 in the nightcap.

Boise is out...San Jose State faces San Diego State for the championship.

On 5/13/2023 at 8:44 AM, renoskier said:

And SJSU beats Boise 2-1 in the nightcap.

Boise is out...San Jose State faces San Diego State for the championship.

I watched the Pack women on Nevadasportsnet (Ch 21). They were within 1 strike of beating BSU. Then a pitch too high in the zone and a Bronco homer.

The San Diego state based TV announcers on the broadcast were so annoyingly bad I had to turn off the sound in the 3rd inning.

rooting for Sparty in the final. I think they have to win 2x.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

Bronco 7454 team gets eliminated and he disappears?  Good luck Aztecs!

"Frankly my dear..I don't give a damn"!

I hope UCSB gets more MW games next year.  We won't be an RPI drag anymore with our coach 

On 5/5/2023 at 8:48 PM, kingpotato said:

Boise wins MW Title. Barely missed out on last year's title. Coach in his 2nd season... so how long can they keep him in Boise? Attendance was reaching quadruple digits by the end of the season. Does he want to try and build something? He should be on a lot of radars now.

20230505_214251.jpg

It sucks that there is no real NIT equivalent for softball.  Maybe he does want to build his program up there.  But after a successful first two years, Coach is likely going to talk about a raise first.  

On 5/20/2023 at 1:55 PM, TheDogSnake said:

Bronco 7454 team gets eliminated and he disappears?  Good luck Aztecs!

no shit....has more than half the post in the entire thread and then...delete, delete, delete....nada :shrug: