Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Raz

First game: Boise Faces a Juggernaut

A conspicuous amount of talent led by first-rate coaches face Boise on September 2 at Husky Stadium in Seattle.  Penix could go wild against our undermanned Broncos.  Washington is surging.  BSU is waining.

Daffy Duck says it's waining outside. 

In the hey day, it would be Washington who would be concerned going into next year's opener.   Time to bring that shet back. 

Little chance of a victory sitting here today but they have to play the game.   If Hamdan was a good hire, he's got tons of weapons on O to try and keep up with Penix and company.  As long as it's not a blowout,  it won't hurt any post season chances given the remaining OOC schedule with UCF and Memphis. 

On 12/30/2022 at 1:22 PM, roughrider said:

Daffy Duck says it's waining outside. 

In the hey day, it would be Washington who would be concerned going into next year's opener.   Time to bring that shet back. 

Little chance of a victory sitting here today but they have to play the game.   If Hamdan was a good hire, he's got tons of weapons on O to try and keep up with Penix and company.  As long as it's not a blowout,  it won't hurt any post season chances given the remaining OOC schedule with UCF and Memphis. 

Optimism is good unlike delusion.  Belief that our secondary, tramatized by micky-mouse 4th tier offenses, will stand-up to the #1 passer in the country who returns with most of his talented resources is delusional.  This, a road game, to boot.

On 12/30/2022 at 1:10 PM, Raz said:

Optimism is good unlike delusion.  Belief that our secondary, tramatized by micky-mouse 4th tier offenses, will stand-up to the #1 passer in the country who returns with most of his talented resources is delusional.  This, a road game, to boot.

The Huskies will likely be a Top 10 team in the preseason. One of the best QBs and offenses in the country going against a rookie secondary and a Dline that can’t get pressure on the passer. The Broncos will be 14-21 point underdogs. This game looks like a disaster for Boise State. Thanks to AD Dickey it’ll be a good pay day. 

I'm not even that optimistic.  Just a realist that doesn't see doom and gloom all the time like so many seem to. 

I'll take a track meet with TG vs Penix.  Don't think either D is going to have a great day.  At least a loss will be super fun to watch and if a miracle happens then Boise is back much sooner than I expected. 

I also like that the Broncos are turning the roster over on D and new guys get a shot.  Total wildcard.

"Our".

Lol

adam devine workaholics GIF

On 12/30/2022 at 2:57 PM, roughrider said:

I'll take a track meet with TG vs Penix.  Don't think either D is going to have a great day. 

Boise State hasn't been in a track meet with a P5 defense in quite a while. I'd be really surprised if they score more than 30. 14-21 seems about right. 

On 12/31/2022 at 9:05 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Taylen had faster times and longer jumps in the high school T&F world fwiw.

Yeah too bad it’s not a triathlon track meet between the two QBs. Boise State would win a NC if that were the case for every game. 

On 1/1/2023 at 9:31 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

We are gonna get curb stomped. My way too early prediction is something like 55-17. I hope I'm dead wrong, but i don't think that I will be

I’m leaning in the same direction. Our secondary was so bad this year that mostly new kids will be playing against the best passing attack in the country. We’re going to get blown up. It’ll be a win to stay within 14-21 points. 

On 1/1/2023 at 8:59 PM, soupslam1 said:

Our secondary was so bad this year that mostly new kids will be playing against the best passing attack in the country. 

Not enough homers around here.

Boise finished with #6 passing defense in the country. With a D-Line that couldn’t get to the QB. A healthy Hogans at EDGE and Reed coming back from injury at CB, the defense may be a strength again. Really like the young LBs (Simpson esp.) Safeties/nickel are small but experienced. Maybe better at pass coverage than the tall NFL body dudes they are replacing (but not as good at stopping runs). Interior DL will be good but maybe not much depth. Defense next year will rely more on forcing turnovers.

UW has three coaches with Boise ties (Huff at OL, Brown at CB, and Marks at RB).

I think Boise will be solid controlling the clock with Holani/Jeanty/Green with some well timed big plays. OL should be good if healthy. 

UW only scored 24 on Oregon State in 2022. Taylen Green led Boise O to 17 points in barely over a quarter vs. the Beavs. 

On 1/1/2023 at 11:32 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Boise finished with #6 passing defense in the country. With a D-Line that couldn’t get to the QB. A healthy Hogans at EDGE and Reed coming back from injury at CB, the defense may be a strength again. Really like the young LBs (Simpson esp.) Safeties/nickel are small but experienced. Maybe better at pass coverage than the tall NFL body dudes they are replacing (but not as good at stopping runs). Interior DL will be good but maybe not much depth. Defense next year will rely more on forcing turnovers.

UW has three coaches with Boise ties (Huff at OL, Brown at CB, and Marks at RB).

I think Boise will be solid controlling the clock with Holani/Jeanty/Green with some well timed big plays. OL should be good if healthy. 

UW only scored 24 on Oregon State in 2022. Taylen Green led Boise O to 17 points in barely over a quarter vs. the Beavs. 

Solid homerism, the void is filled.  TY.

On 1/1/2023 at 11:59 PM, soupslam1 said:

I’m leaning in the same direction. Our secondary was so bad this year that mostly new kids will be playing against the best passing attack in the country. We’re going to get blown up. It’ll be a win to stay within 14-21 points. 

Yup. I'm expecting and anticipating a blowout. The UCF game is the one that will tell me what direction Andy is taking this program. My concern is that he's boring and lacks creativity. 

On 1/2/2023 at 12:32 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

How many teams did we play that could actually throw the ball? I'll be shocked if we keep the game within 21 points. Shocked.