Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at San Jose State - MWC opener - SJSU WON !!!

On 12/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, B_Lootz said:

We are mental midgets in crunch time. Both this game and the San Fran game we go scoreless in the final 3+ min of regulation with a bevy of ridiculous turnovers. 

This is demoralizing to me as I thought this team would not have that issue cuz they have toughness UNLV fans are not used to, but lately they have started to look like the, as you so eloquently put it, "mental midget" Rebel teams of yesteryear that we have all grown to love.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

We are mental midgets in crunch time. Both this game and the San Fran game we go scoreless in the final 3+ min of regulation with a bevy of ridiculous turnovers. 

What makes this even more ridiculous is that everybody on the floor during crunch time besides Keshon is at least 22 years old and been playing college ball for years. McCabe is 24. It's unacceptable

I saw a few comment about this but does UNLV not even bother with rebounds? So bizarre. I only saw some of the end of regulation and the OT, but on offense UNLV players seemed to take terrible shots and they were ALL watching the ball with not a single player trying to get a rebound. It was strange to see. Like not even instinctively someone accidentally went for a board.

Gonna be tough to win many games like that considering how poorly UNLV can be offensively. Those long scoring droughts continue.

I’m not too high on the MWC this season. So many teams have such insane scoring droughts. I heard the announcers say FSU hadn’t scored in over 7 minutes a few minutes ago. Wild. 

The 2 losses are more self inflicted than the opponent beating UNLV from start to finish 

SJSU isn't any pushover, but UNLV had their chances to come out on top & just didn't make the plays - Same with the USF game 

I'd be more worried if UNLV was out of it from the get go..........which might be the case against the better MWC teams on the road, if KK isn't going to use more than 8 guys 

It's not like the bench needs to play serious minutes, but give them a 4 to 8 minute run to rest the key guys 

If it's 8 guys & hoping Parquet comes back in the next few games, UNLV could be looking at an 0-FER MWC start 

On 12/28/2022 at 9:32 PM, FredHaygood said:

What makes this even more ridiculous is that everybody on the floor during crunch time besides Keshon is at least 22 years old and been playing college ball for years. McCabe is 24. It's unacceptable

When I saw McCabe take that floater near the end I knew it wouldn’t fall. He’s not the guy you want to take the last shit but idk who you want taking that shot for UNLV to be honest lol. 

On 12/28/2022 at 8:33 PM, qwelish said:

Harkless is the fn MAN!

On 12/28/2022 at 8:36 PM, toonkee said:

Dude can finish with the best of em

On 12/28/2022 at 8:36 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

He had a similar game vs. S Miss Although less extreme. Took it to them repeatedly in the 2nd half. Better late than never, I suppose!

Not so much I guess lol. Granted he played a lot of minutes but if he was too gassed he can pass the ball. The final possessions were all him.

I saw a few games where it seemed like Gilbert was able to take it to the rim and finish. I get he was not doing well today but I think not having someone who can take it strong and finish is going to cost UNLV a bunch of games.

Just throw that Hall kid out there. He seems to be able to score occasionally. 

On 12/28/2022 at 9:51 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

Not so much I guess lol. Granted he played a lot of minutes but if he was too gassed he can pass the ball. The final possessions were all him.

I saw a few games where it seemed like Gilbert was able to take it to the rim and finish. I get he was not doing well today but I think not having someone who can take it strong and finish is going to cost UNLV a bunch of games.

Just throw that Hall kid out there. He seems to be able to score occasionally. 

Harkless almost singlehandedly got UNLV back in the game. He deserves all the credit we were giving him. Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

On 12/28/2022 at 8:45 PM, B_Lootz said:

Fortunately, SJS’ NET ranking was 125 heading into today (and will go up after tonight) so this will only go down as a Q2 loss on UNLV’s resume.

Outside of the USAFA & CSU-FresNo, virtually every home team will overwhelmingly protect their hm ct.

Our conf may have the most parity of any major or mid-major league this yr.

On 12/28/2022 at 10:03 PM, toonkee said:

Harkless almost singlehandedly got UNLV back in the game. He deserves all the credit we were giving him. Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

It was a strange game for sure. He was terrible in the 1st half, utterly dominant for most of the 2nd half, then abysmal to the extreme at the end game- OT. 

I blame them both but blame Kruger more than Harkless for playing him so much then essentially turning the end of the game into 1 on 5 with a completely gassed player. It was legitimately bizarre.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/28/2022 at 10:03 PM, toonkee said:

I’m sure. Like I said I didn’t watch the whole game. Just the end of regulation and OT. The point I was making is it doesn’t matter. If the game plan was “give the ball to x and everyone watch him” then you might as well have kept Dave Rice. At least he was getting talent that might actually be able to win like that. 

I’m honestly not trolling, but that was just such a poor performance at the end. The shot at the end that was waived off for a shot clock violation, the steal that resulted in no points, McCabe’s terrible floater. So many blown opportunities. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be for Rebel fans. Yeesh. 

On 12/28/2022 at 10:23 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

I’m sure. Like I said I didn’t watch the whole game. Just the end of regulation and OT. The point is make is it doesn’t matter. If the game plan was “give the ball to x and everyone watch him” then you might as well have kept Dave Rice. At least he was getting talent that might actually be able to win like that. 

I’m honestly not trolling, but that was just such a poor performance at the end. The shot at the end that was waived off for a shot clock violation, the steal that was resulted in no points, McCabe’s terrible floater. So many blown opportunities. I can’t imagine how frustrating it must be for Rebel fans. Yeesh. 

Well said. I think I'm more calm than I otherwise would have been because it was so unbelievably bad that I felt they didn't deserve to win which at least made the close loss sting less.

Everyone did a piss poor job, from the coaches to the "stars" to the rotation players. I just hope they can regroup after that train wreck.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png