Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

UNLV at San Jose State - MWC opener - SJSU WON !!!

Wasn't expecting this outcome. Good game, Rebels. 

On 12/28/2022 at 9:11 PM, qwelish said:

I like ckk.

But both losses this year were coaching losses.

I hope he learns from this. He didn't learn from the usf loss.

Idk. The players not knowing how to dribble or shoot doesn’t seem to be his fault. 

Give the Rebels credit for coming back from 13 down, but they absolutely did not deserve to win this game.  Their play in the last 5 minutes of the 1st half put them in a huge hole, too big to climb out of.  The Rebels have done it a number of times this year where they just didn't show up in the 1st half.  That won't fly in Mountain West play.

The Rebels are an absolutely atrocious rebounding team.  I don't think they are going to magically turn that around.  This won't be the last time that kicks them in the nuts in MW play.

Gilbert has to find his shot again, he was 3-13, 0-3 today and didn't even get to the line.  Now last 3 games:

8-29 FG 28%, 1-8 3P 13%

Harkless put us on his back in the 2nd half, but then went a little too far and was just outrageously bad at the very end of the game and OT yet still insisted on doing nonstop isos and hogging the ball when he was clearly gassed.  Led to countless turnovers and airballs and just cost us hugely.  Just unfathomably bad. 

Harkless last 5 games: 35-94 FG 37%, 7-35 3P 20%

The most concerning thing to me is that SJSU wasn't remotely bothered by our defense as most of our OOC teams had been.  They only turned it over 12 times and grabbed twice as many offensive boards and 14 more overall boards.  This is going to be a huge issue throughout MW play if it's not addressed ASAP as is our flailing stars.  

I still can't believe that our plan at the end of the game was to have a completely gassed Harkless go 1-on-5 repeatedly.  Worst end game plan I think I've ever seen.

Ugh, what a poopy way to start conference play.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/28/2022 at 9:18 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

Give the Rebels credit for coming back from 13 down, but they absolutely did not deserve to win this game.  Their play in the last 5 minutes of the 1st half put them in a huge hole, too big to climb out of.  The Rebels have done it a number of times this year where they just didn't show up in the 1st half.  That won't fly in Mountain West play.

The Rebels are an absolutely atrocious rebounding team.  I don't think they are going to magically turn that around.  This won't be the last time that kicks them in the nuts in MW play.

Gilbert has to find his shot again, he was 3-13, 0-3 today and didn't even get to the line.  Now last 3 games:

8-29 FG 28%, 1-8 3P 13%

Harkless put us on his back in the 2nd half, but then went a little too far and was just outrageously bad at the very end of the game and OT yet still insisted on doing nonstop isos and hogging the ball when he was clearly gassed.  Led to countless turnovers and airballs and just cost us hugely.  Just unfathomably bad. 

Harkless last 5 games: 35-94 FG 37%, 7-35 3P 20%

The most concerning thing to me is that SJSU wasn't remotely bothered by our defense as most of our OOC teams had been.  They only turned it over 12 times and grabbed twice as many offensive boards and 14 more overall boards.  This is going to be a huge issue throughout MW play if it's not addressed ASAP as is our flailing stars.  

I still can't believe that our plan at the end of the game was to have a completely gassed Harkless go 1-on-5 repeatedly.  Worst end game plan I think I've ever seen.

Ugh, what a poopy way to start conference play.

Excellent Summary. The rebounding issue is a reason I was disappointed in the fall recruiting. The really have to start recruiting some 6'8 and up guys who are athletic and active.

On 12/28/2022 at 9:22 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

You've been waiting a looong time to post that one :)

I bet it feels real good.

He cost us the game tonight!  Long-term, there’s a lot of things to fix.  Recruiting will have to be picked up!

On 12/29/2022 at 12:26 AM, FredHaygood said:

Excellent Summary. The rebounding issue is a reason I was disappointed in the fall recruiting. The really have to start recruiting some 6'8 and up guys who are athletic and active.

We could use a Mike Moser on this roster.