Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Incoming MWC Commissioner

It wasn't a "plan". It was boilerplate statements of things, not how to be anything other than what we are. We'll be a smaller conference to feed the money conferences if they want any teams. We'll do what they'll let us do. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

On 12/24/2022 at 11:49 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Sucks that she’s soon going to be left with the leftovers like New Mexico, Colorado State, and San José 

Didn't know Cal State Fresno is going to the Big Sky.  Sac State needs the competition.

On 12/24/2022 at 5:15 PM, utenation said:

What is your opinion of her? I know nothing about her. Very cool a woman got this job. 

My biggest concern is the WCC didn't have football and her experience at the PAC was with Larry Scott. I would have hoped for someone with experience leading a conference that has football.

On 12/25/2022 at 11:25 AM, Gonzagafan2021 said:

Is it really though? I think. NIL is gonna rectify that

I hope you're right. I just think there are too many entertainment options to compete with.

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

On 12/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, King Spartan said:

I hope you're right. I just think there are too many entertainment options to compete with.

I think the nature of entertainment for the younger fans have changed. They are used to being part of the story not just watching it happen. UNM absolutely sucks at engaging fans and especially students. If you tweet the right hashtag you can get your message on the big screen, maybe. How many college students use twitter? The ones I know don't. 

The music isn't appropriate to the fans. Engagement is old fashioned. Picking the winning car in race? Really?

They need a way to get students on the field take selfies with players, be a part of the action. In this narcissistic age, it's adherents aren't just going to watch something, they'd rather record themselves doing anything else except watch others. 

Whoever can engage this new generation is going to thrive. We're arguing over cable and streaming and college students don't have tvs and watch short videos on their phones it's the wrong medium.