Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

NFL Thread

On 1/15/2023 at 9:29 PM, ridgeview2 said:

The NFL was rooting hard for the Ravens tonight so they didn't have to face the music between the Bengals and Bills next week. 

The music?  As in over the top ratings?  I'm pretty sure that's what the NFL exists for.

On 1/15/2023 at 8:30 PM, Headbutt said:

The music?  As in over the top ratings?  I'm pretty sure that's what the NFL exists for.

There’s something darkly funny about somebody in the boardroom saying “who do we have to kill to get people to care about Buffalo vs Cincinnati” and a light bulb goes on over all their heads.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Now that college ball is over, I finally turned my attention to NFL. I watched all 4 games over the weekend and it was quite enjoyable..more nail-biting than I anticipated.  I really dig greenbean Purdy outta Iowa State doing his job well in SF.  I like SF so much at this point that I think they can take the Iggles* in the title game two weeks away and to Glendale for the Super Bowl.

I am a bit partial to the Bills for various reasons but I think the other side the draw is Kansas City to Glendale.  

*Assuming the Iggles can take down division rival NYG next weekend and we all saw how division rivals playing against each other really push each other in the playoffs...exhibit A:  Baltimore at Cincy.  Exhibit B:  Miami at Buffalo.  (Seattle lasted for only the first half in SF).

I am rooting for the local team tonight - however it is the Cowboys vs. Brady and the Refs in Tampa Bay.  Go Cowboys.  

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 1/16/2023 at 3:58 PM, son of a gun said:

Logan Wilson and Josh Allen prepare to face off, quite possibly for the fate of the AFC. Former teammates, but still friends.

Meanwhile, KC has to contend with a surging Jags team, with two Pokes players on defense.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOXyTCUXIAk5rPI?format=jpg&name=large

Lord and Savior played like shit yesterday...hope he doesn't repeat that performance