Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

NFL Thread

On 1/14/2023 at 11:12 AM, renoskier said:

Why does the NFL schedule the west coast game for a 1:30pm local start time and the east coast game for an 8:15pm local start time?

How does that make sense?

Maximizes ratings.  Those are the 2 primo time slots.  8pm east coast isn't a big deal.  Prime time in the east has always been 8 to 11.  Plus, NBC is contracted to the prime time games so they have a say in the matter.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/14/2023 at 12:25 PM, Old_SD_Dude said:

I think it will be difficult for the Chargers to win with Mike Williams out. They were 2-3 without him this year. 

Playing the starters last week is a fireable offence.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/14/2023 at 1:07 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Playing the starters last week is a fireable offence.

Pretty hare-brained. They’re cursed. At least since they’ve moved I’m able to watch with more emotional detachment. My wife refers to them as my “ex-girlfriend.”

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 1/14/2023 at 3:00 PM, SAMO said:

She just raised one eyebrow suggestively…lol

Holy cow, I left the room and they scored in 15 seconds. I’m pretty sure they’re on the second drink by now.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I'm a Packers fan and they're already toast. *I do like Geno Smith from his days as a Mountaineer, so I hope he does well. But it'll be hard to win @ 49ers. 

Destiny is bending Geno Smith over in the bathroom.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/14/2023 at 8:37 PM, RSF said:

Chargers seem to be doing ok.

Forget I said anything...