Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

NFL Thread

I wonder if you did the Scooby-Doo mask pull off of that officiating crew if you'd find  MWC basketball refs underneath 🤔 

On 1/30/2023 at 2:58 AM, Wyovanian said:

Ouch.

He handled it better than last year. Gotta give him credit for that. The kid might turn out to be an optimist after all.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:58 AM, AztecAlien said:

The NFL: Rich we need to discuss some of your activity on Twitter pertaining to the officiating of the AFC championship.

Eisen: +++++ you. I’m Rich Eisen. I’m 53 years old, been here 20 years, I’ll say whatever the hell I want.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Cincy just made too many mistakes.  On the last drive, the one that quarterbacks dream of,  they had the ball with less than a minute and right tackle was beat cleanly to give up a sack on third and 8.  That can't happen.  Then they give up a long return with poor coverage and the kicker punting the ball straight down the field.  That can't happen.  And the icing on the cake, the clear hit out of bounds.  Was it meant to be dirty?  No.  Was it the right call, even if it cost the Bengals the game?  Absolutely.  You can't blame the refs for any of that.  Burrow is an absolute stud, but his offensive line isn't even average.  And still, they were a couple of throws away at the end.  That's football.  The AFC is absolutely stacked with good quarterbacks.  Only one of them can get to the Super Bowl every year.  Allen will probably get there one of these years.  and Lamar will have his chances if he stays in Baltimore.  Herbert has talent around him and will be teamed with Moore.  For now, Mahomes is at the top.  

On 1/30/2023 at 11:06 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The NFL: Rich we need to discuss some of your activity on Twitter pertaining to the officiating of the AFC championship.

Eisen: +++++ you. I’m Rich Eisen. I’m 53 years old, been here 20 years, I’ll say whatever the hell I want.

I thought this one was pretty funny as well.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:15 AM, alum93 said:

Cincy just made too many mistakes.  On the last drive, the one that quarterbacks dream of,  they had the ball with less than a minute and right tackle was beat cleanly to give up a sack on third and 8.  That can't happen.  Then they give up a long return with poor coverage and the kicker punting the ball straight down the field.  That can't happen.  And the icing on the cake, the clear hit out of bounds.  Was it meant to be dirty?  No.  Was it the right call, even if it cost the Bengals the game?  Absolutely.  You can't blame the refs for any of that.  Burrow is an absolute stud, but his offensive line isn't even average.  And still, they were a couple of throws away at the end.  That's football.  The AFC is absolutely stacked with good quarterbacks.  Only one of them can get to the Super Bowl every year.  Allen will probably get there one of these years.  and Lamar will have his chances if he stays in Baltimore.  Herbert has talent around him and will be teamed with Moore.  For now, Mahomes is at the top.  

The Chiefs beat us because they were better and deeper. When their guys went out rookies stepped up. When our line got banged up we couldn’t do the same without a blizzard. Adeneji starting anywhere on the line is when you know you’re in hell.

We couldn’t block the Chiefs so we had to keep our backs and TE in for protection. This screwed our run game.

Once Boyd went out it allowed KC to double Chase and Higgins. God bless them, Hearst and Irwin did their best but they can’t beat anybody if it isn’t schemed.

None of which would have mattered if we’d just, you know, caught the ball when it hits us in the hands in the end zone or off our face mask on the winning driving.

But really, we lost this game long ago. Stupid losses to the Browns, Cowboys, and Ravens. Most of all week 1 against a crappy Steelers team when our clutch kicker took acid and couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat. Win any one of those and it’s not in an extremely hostile arrowhead and the refs won’t matter.

Also don’t kill a guy on the field. That’s…really bad juju.

Screenshot_20230130_132605_Chrome.jpg.4d6759ab1ccddf2de2da1d079997d73e.jpg

On 1/30/2023 at 12:20 PM, renoskier said:

as a Colorado Buffalo...

this makes me happy :ph34r:

Old school!!!!

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35578579/bengals-joe-mixon-arrest-warrant-menacing-charge

CINCINNATI -- A warrant has been issued for the arrest of Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixonon a complaint of misdemeanor aggravated menacing, according to court records.

The complaint was filed Thursday in Ohio's Hamilton County. The Bengals said they are aware of the charges against Mixon.

"The club is investigating the situation and will not comment further at this time," a team spokesperson said in a statement Thursday.

According to an arrest warrant obtained by WCPO-TV, Mixon allegedly pointed a gun at an individual on Jan. 21 and said the person should be "popped in the face." The warrant states the incident occurred on the intersection of Walnut Street and East Third Street in downtown Cincinnati, one day before the Bengals defeated the Buffalo Bills in the divisional round of the AFC playoffs.

Bengals gonna Bengal

Samaje Perine heading into his free agent contract right now…

image.gif.a56e0b19cea0b9d1746d46cf58441de4.gif