Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

NFL Thread

On 1/2/2023 at 8:53 PM, B_Lootz said:

F the NFL and ESPN. Good on these two HC’s saying they weren’t going to play.

They did the right thing. Delayed the game while they and the coaches figured it out. ESPN cut out and didn't zoom in on the scene.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:02 PM, Slapdad said:

I'm certainly not a doctor, but I've done my fair share of CPR calls. I think what you said is exactly correct. The reports of an AED would point to that. CPR is done for two minutes with the AED powered up to analyze and give a shock if it determines it would be helpful and obviously at some point, it was. He probably had compressions and oxygen very soon, which would be very beneficial...with good compressions and oxygen, that gives paramedics time to administer medication and get him to the hospital en route while he's on a Lucas device (if needed) or intubated and receiving oxygen if he has a pulse (which I hear he did).  

I was just listening to a cardiologist and it sounds like a rare and really freak injury where the hit occurred within milliseconds after the heart beat causing him to go into cardiac arrest. He indicated if the hit had occurred outside that split second window he would have been ok.

In any regard prayers the young man pulls through. 

On 1/2/2023 at 10:09 PM, soupslam1 said:

I was just listening to a cardiologist and it sounds like a rare and really freak injury where the hit occurred within milliseconds after the heart beat causing him to go into cardiac arrest. He indicated if the hit had occurred outside that split second window he would have been ok.

Well I hope that is positive that he can recover 

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:24 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

I truly hate people, man. This dude is fighting for his life, but these people hijack the tragedy to push their bullshit agenda. Disgusting. 

FA5C0850-824F-43FC-AA7C-369D1A6E9506.jpeg

On the stream I was watching the game up until it happened, some jackass tried pushing that same crap.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:24 PM, TheTedfordTrain said:

I truly hate people, man. This dude is fighting for his life, but these people hijack the tragedy to push their bullshit agenda. Disgusting. 

FA5C0850-824F-43FC-AA7C-369D1A6E9506.jpeg

Charlie Kirk did the same. But truth be told there are a lot more decent people than dipshits out there.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 1/2/2023 at 10:09 PM, soupslam1 said:

Yep, that sounds about right. Having an AED is critical for these types of situations. For any parents with young kids playing baseball, they are often required to wear a "heart guard" at certain positions for this very reason. Of any reason to be on the receiving end of CPR, this is probably the best. Having a care on scene immediately is a huge advantage as well. Hoping for a full recovery for him. 

On 1/2/2023 at 10:33 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

The hospital just announced they will NOT be sharing any press update tonight, even though they originally confirmed earlier they would provide an update .

Trying to stay optimistic, but that can't be good. Right?

I think it's just out of an abundance of caution. Their job is not to satisfy the media, but to take care of the medical side and with it being such a high-profile case, I'd guess the hospital's legal team wants to make sure everyone is on the same page and not stepping on HIPAA violations. 

On 1/2/2023 at 10:15 PM, Slapdad said:

I think it's just out of an abundance of caution. Their job is not to satisfy the media, but to take care of the medical side and with it being such a high-profile case, I'd guess the hospital's legal team wants to make sure everyone is on the same page and not stepping on HIPAA violations. 

Hope you're right.

Couldn't help but get flashbacks to when my wife's uncle died (high profile story as Vegas Metro PD officer on duty). With all the chaos, we were relying on news updates at times. Eventually, hospital/PD delayed a planned press conference and we got a call shortly after confirming that he passed.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:15 PM, Slapdad said:

Yeah, it’s not the hospitals place to speak on these manners. You always respect the patients privacy (it’s also the law), and leave it up to the family if they want to speak to the media. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 1/2/2023 at 9:34 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Hope you're right.

Couldn't help but get flashbacks to when my wife's uncle died (high profile story as Vegas Metro PD officer on duty). With all the chaos, we were relying on news updates at times. Eventually, hospital/PD delayed a planned press conference and we got a call shortly after confirming that he passed.

Kid from Green River?

Hamlin obviously has a unique issue that’s been slowly changing, and a hit finally knocked his heart out of rhythm and sent him into cardiac arrest. 10’s of millions have endured routine hits like that from pee wee league to the NFL and never had a problem. 

That Tulane safety in 2012 that hit helmets with a teammate routinely at a game at Tulsa, had his C5 give way and severed his spinal chord which knocked his heart into cardiac arrest, and they were also doing CPR and shocked his heart into rhythm on the field. These are fluke things that happen, there’s risk at doing anything. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hamlin is doing really well right now in an induced coma, and he stays at the hospital for a week to find out what his issues are. 

CPR is easy to learn and everyone should learn it. I learned in HS in order to get on the National Ski Patrol. Years later in the late 80’s I was walking out of a grocery store and an old lady had just collapsed in the parking lot. They were calling an ambulance but no one was doing anything. So I ran over and she wasn’t breathing. 

I asked but no one else knew CPR….it’s much better with two people. No one did, so I had to do the chest compressions and the breathes into her mouth, myself. I did it until the ambulance came and they took over. Don’t know what happened to her. 

kat.jpg