Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

NFL Thread

I cannot imagine them continuing play tonight. The players on both teams are shell-shocked. The announcers are terrified and don't want to be there.  Dragging it out is... nuts.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

On 1/2/2023 at 7:35 PM, happycamper said:

I cannot imagine them continuing play tonight. The players on both teams are shell-shocked. The announcers are terrified and don't want to be there.  Dragging it out is... nuts.

I'd think it would mostly have to be up to the players, and I just don't see them playing.

On 1/2/2023 at 6:40 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Only because the coaches came together and decided to walk off the field. Instruction from the NFL was to start the game after a 5-minute warmup

Look. I don’t think the NFL is all that concerned about safety, but what is the proof of this? A tweet from PFT Commentor?

On 1/2/2023 at 6:43 PM, NevadaFan said:

Look. I don’t think the NFL is all that concerned about safety, but what is the proof of this? A tweet from PFT Commentor?

And they should call the game. Not sure what that that means for the fans and all that so I’m sure the lawyers are discussing. 

On 1/2/2023 at 6:43 PM, NevadaFan said:

Dear god. I’m watching and I see what you’re talking about. Is the NFL this stupid?

On 1/2/2023 at 7:43 PM, NevadaFan said:

Was stated clearly on the broadcast. Joe Buck said the NFL announced a 5 minute warm-up period before play resumes. Coaches huddled together shortly after and then waved their teams to the locker rooms.

On 1/2/2023 at 6:48 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Was stated clearly on the broadcast. Joe Buck said the NFL announced a 5 minute warm-up period before play resumes. Coaches huddled together shortly after and then waved their teams to the locker rooms.

Yeah. The feed I’m watching is behind. Call the game. Who cares who wins at this point. 

On 1/2/2023 at 7:46 PM, NevadaFan said:

Dear god. I’m watching and I see what you’re talking about. Is the NFL this stupid?

I think the 5 minutes is just a more or less automatic decision without further information.  I'll be shocked if it is played tonight, and I don't see where lawyers will be involved in that decision.  The NFL will do the right thing, they have no choice.  They'll wait until they get some facts, and it will be pretty much the teams' decision.  Game is over.

On 1/2/2023 at 7:40 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Only because the coaches came together and decided to walk off the field. Instruction from the NFL was to start the game after a 5-minute warmup

F the NFL and ESPN. Good on these two HC’s saying they weren’t going to play.

On 1/2/2023 at 8:38 PM, robe said:

CPR for nearly 10 minutes. Looks like the collision caused a heart attack. Any Doctors  who can speculate. 

I'm certainly not a doctor, but I've done my fair share of CPR calls. I think what you said is exactly correct. The reports of an AED would point to that. CPR is done for two minutes with the AED powered up to analyze and give a shock if it determines it would be helpful and obviously at some point, it was. He probably had compressions and oxygen very soon, which would be very beneficial...with good compressions and oxygen, that gives paramedics time to administer medication and get him to the hospital en route while he's on a Lucas device (if needed) or intubated and receiving oxygen if he has a pulse (which I hear he did).