Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ph90702

Idaho State University Boise

On 12/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, King Spartan said:

You act liked I stabbed them.

There are a lot of things said on here meant to be funny that's not, and that's fine. But that was completely tasteless. If you think that's funny, you're a garbage human being.

On 12/14/2022 at 4:43 PM, kingpotato said:

There are a lot of things said on here meant to be funny that's not, and that's fine. But that was completely tasteless. If you think that's funny, you're a garbage human being.

Sesame Street Trash GIF

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL

Now that Greater Idaho seems to be getting some traction, maybe the State of Idaho can use it as an opportunity to re-organize the state system (and help land Boise in the P5). With the addition of Eastern Oregon counties, the state of Idaho would aptly be shaped like a giant middle finger, and Boise would be the new geographic center with three distinct regions. The State of Idaho would be gaining Eastern Oregon University in LaGrande, and Oregon Tech in Klamath Falls. They could rename and reclassify into the following:

Research Institutions: University of Idaho, Idaho State(formerly Boise State)

• University of Idaho would remain the flagship, but Boise State could be renamed to Idaho State. These would be the primary research universities.

Directional undergraduate focused Institutions: Eastern Idaho, Northern Idaho, Western Idaho

• Idaho State could be renamed to Eastern Idaho, Lewis-Clark to Northern Idaho, and Eastern Oregon to Western Idaho. These would give each of the three regions a regional, undergraduate and master focused university

Tech/Engineering: Idaho Tech

• Oregon Tech would be renamed and could focus on specialty tech and engineering degrees, and serve as the regional school for Klamath Falls area. 

Obviously this is just fantasy, but I hope these counties do join Idaho, as it makes much more sense. And it would be a good chance for Boise State to really improve it's academics and market and eventually join the P5. IMO, just the name Idaho State University would increase attractiveness to the Pac 12 or Big 12. 

On 2/3/2023 at 5:04 PM, bigd said:

Now that Greater Idaho seems to be getting some traction, maybe the State of Idaho can use it as an opportunity to re-organize the state system (and help land Boise in the P5). With the addition of Eastern Oregon counties, the state of Idaho would aptly be shaped like a giant middle finger, and Boise would be the new geographic center with three distinct regions. The State of Idaho would be gaining Eastern Oregon University in LaGrande, and Oregon Tech in Klamath Falls. They could rename and reclassify into the following:

• University of Idaho would remain the flagship, but Boise State could be renamed to Idaho State. These would be the primary research universities.

Directional undergraduate focused Institutions: Eastern Idaho, Northern Idaho, Western Idaho

• Idaho State could be renamed to Eastern Idaho, Lewis-Clark to Northern Idaho, and Eastern Oregon to Western Idaho. These would give each of the three regions a regional, undergraduate and master focused university

• Oregon Tech would be renamed and could focus on specialty tech and engineering degrees, and serve as the regional school for Klamath Falls area. 

Obviously this is just fantasy, but I hope these counties do join Idaho, as it makes much more sense. And it would be a good chance for Boise State to really improve it's academics and market and eventually join the P5. IMO, just the name Idaho State University would increase attractiveness to the Pac 12 or Big 12. 

"Greater Idaho" will never happen, but I liked the earlier proposal that went all the way to the coast. I'm all for it, but it's a pipe dream.

On 2/3/2023 at 5:04 PM, bigd said:

The Pac is not really into "State" Universities.

OSU and Wazzu are original members and there was a lot of catterwallin' over the ASU add.

Other than that, this is the Conference of Academic Prestige.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 2/3/2023 at 5:42 PM, mikexom said:

I thought it was Boise Community College

The Idaho State School of Trucking 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/13/2022 at 3:16 PM, roughrider said:

ESPN wants us back.

ph has been visiting the broncocounty board obviously.  Someone started the annual rename Boise State thread. 

If the state of Idaho gave a shet about higher ed there would be a one system type setup.  All 3 larger universities are state schools.  And they replicate way too much and share far too little.  But we'll stay Boise State and single university of Idaho or Idaho State system won't happen.  BTW, it would be UI Boise if it ever changed.  UI Moscow, UI Pocatello.  UI holds more political power in the state.

I don't think U of I can legally merge with ISU or BSU. 

One was founded by the state constitution, the other two were founded by an act of the legislature. 

On 2/4/2023 at 1:48 PM, bornontheblue said:

I don't think U of I can legally merge with ISU or BSU. 

One was founded by the state constitution, the other two were founded by an act of the legislature. 

I am definitely not educated in the law surrounding land grant schools so you could be right.  If so, so be it.  Who needs more lawyers anyway?   Merge with ISU and get a med school presence in Boise.  ISU seems to have the state med charter and all they've done with it in 50+ years is a pharma school.  They need the hospitals in Boise.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:54 AM, Spaztecs said:

Most of the CSU's were called by their 'City Name'  State University before the Cal State System was created. For most, the convention stuck.

SDSU was Cal State University of San Diego from 1972 to 1974.

My diploma reads California State University, San Diego.  Even has Ronald Reagan's signature.  LOL

On 2/4/2023 at 3:24 PM, roughrider said:

Bummer is, in '74 Reagan didn't know what he was signing. 

"Bummer"?  You must go back a ways too.  Does the Tick Tok crowd use that expression? 

On 2/4/2023 at 2:15 PM, roughrider said:

I am definitely not educated in the law surrounding land grant schools so you could be right.  If so, so be it.  Who needs more lawyers anyway?   Merge with ISU and get a med school presence in Boise.  ISU seems to have the state med charter and all they've done with it in 50+ years is a pharma school.  They need the hospitals in Boise.

We already have a med school on Boise. It's part of the ISU campus in meridian 

On 2/4/2023 at 4:38 PM, bornontheblue said:

We already have a med school on Boise. It's part of the ISU campus in meridian 

That's a start.   Not what I'm think of but it's a start.  And it will never get legit until Boise is a part of that system.  They came here because they need teaching hospitals to even get started and technically there isn't a teaching hospital in Boise. Still.