Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Can UNLV..........

On 12/8/2022 at 4:03 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

The Rebs are good. Really good. You guys should mop up the rest of your non conference slate.

We’re good. After the 2nd half of last night’s game I wouldn’t go as far as saying we’re really good.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:17 PM, B_Lootz said:

We’re good. After the 2nd half of last night’s game I wouldn’t go as far as saying we’re really good.

Knowing how to close the show is a skill that has to be learned through experience.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/8/2022 at 7:17 PM, B_Lootz said:

Previous UNLV teams would have been 5–4 at this point of the season.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:04 PM, quickdraw said:

You were supposed to post this in the UNLV vs USD thread last week. 

What do you mean?

On 12/8/2022 at 3:05 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Game is in LV at MGM, so not road game..........sort of a neutral game 3 miles from campus !!

On 12/8/2022 at 3:40 PM, 4UNLV said:

'On the road' a mile away, lol. It's in Vegas at the MGM Grand.

Lol. That’s what I get for not checking. :facepalm:

I thought I saw someone here say it was a road game. You should DEFINITELY win then! Haha. 

On 12/9/2022 at 1:15 AM, TopLobo said:

That's how he racked up all of those wins at NMSU, by playing nobody. 

Somehow they beat both Illinois and Utah... they must have really been down years for those programs if they lost to UNLV

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

And this is why you don't overschedule.

Undefeated. Votes to be ranked. Big win totals. Buzz for each game and buzz for conference. 

Rice scheduled way up and noone has even one nice word to say about the man. Eventhough he beat a highly ranked UNC.

Not one nice word.

The fans don't know what's best for the program. It's best to mostly disregard them and just focus on the best way to stack wins and reach postseasons.

On 12/10/2022 at 8:00 AM, qwelish said:

And this is why you don't overschedule.

Undefeated. Votes to be ranked. Big win totals. Buzz for each game and buzz for conference. 

Rice scheduled way up and noone has even one nice word to say about the man. Eventhough he beat a highly ranked UNC.

Not one nice word.

The fans don't know what's best for the program. It's best to mostly disregard them and just focus on the best way to stack wins and reach postseasons.

I would love nothing more than to play Duke, North Carolina, Kansas, Indiana, UCLA, and Arizona again!

Nothing more?

I'd love to see UNLV back as a top program who beats those programs in the dance.

UNLV needs to compete at the top of its conference before worrying about what fans want. Because as we've seen if you're losing by 15+ to those schools, fans aren't showing up anyhow.

Until then I want to see scheduling that sets UNLV up for realistic shots at postseason play.