Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Can UNLV..........

......run the table in the final three non-conference games ???

12/10 vs Washington State at MGM Grand Garden Arena  

12/17 vs San Francisco T&M

12/22 vs Southern Mississippi T&M 

Wazzu 4-4 with wins over Texas St, E Washington, Detroit Mercy, Northern Kentucky.................. losses to Boise St, Prairie View, Oregon, Utah  

San Francisco 8-2 wins over Texas Southern, Cal Poly, UC Merced, Fresno St (by 7), Northern Iowa, Wichita St, Little Rock, Merrimack .......losses to Davison & Utah St (by18)

So Mississippi 8-1 wins over William Carey, Vanderbilt, Loyola LA, Liberty, Winthrop, Purdue FW, Mobile, Montana ........lost to Northwestern State 

From looking at their wins & losses..........I can see UNLV going 3-0 but will need to tighten their game some from what we saw vs Hawaii.............if UNLV can duplicate their performance at USD, then UNLV is looking at being 12-0 heading into MWC play on December 28 

Can we? Absolutely 

Will we? That’s why people buy tickets and watch. 

Concern?  Injuries and inconsistent weak ass officiating.

Looking forward to the fun while finding out.  Conference play is a whole other animal.

@UNLV2001 I suspect you’ll have an easier time with San Fran at the T&M, than UNM will against them on a neutral court there in Vegas (The Orleans I believe), for the Jack Jones event.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 12/8/2022 at 2:30 PM, LoboMan59 said:

@UNLV2001 I suspect you’ll have an easier time with San Fran at the T&M, than UNM will against them on a neutral court there in Vegas (The Orleans I believe), for the Jack Jones event.

Think so...........looking at the USF wins, there's nothing great & they lost big to USU - So based on the visuals, I think UNLV wins and UNM can win 

I think UNLV should be able to win all three remaining non conference games. I also think they’ll likely lose one because typically that’s been their MO. I’d like to be wrong. WSU should be a win, but it’s a road game and historically UNLV has seemed to struggle on the road.

Would be great for USU, UNLV, and UNM to beat USF. We shall see!

On 12/8/2022 at 3:00 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

I think UNLV should be able to win all three remaining non conference games. I also think they’ll likely lose one because typically that’s been their MO. I’d like to be wrong. WSU should be a win, but it’s a road game and historically UNLV has seemed to struggle on the road.

You were supposed to post this in the UNLV vs USD thread last week. 

Game is in LV at MGM, so not road game..........sort of a neutral game 3 miles from campus !!

Possible to have all three teams go into the start of MWC play, undefeated! That would be awesome.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

'On the road' a mile away, lol. It's in Vegas at the MGM Grand.

The 2nd half vs. Hawaii was a bit concerning but I'm confident Kruger Jr and the guys will address it.  We have a really good shot at winning all of them if we play 40 minutes each game.  The D and the toughness of the team bodes well in the case that we have a poor shooting night we still have the ability to win games.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/8/2022 at 1:11 PM, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV hasn't had a 20 win season since 2107-18 under Menzies (20-13) 

UNLV has had one 20 win season since 2014-15 

UNLV had 8 straight 20+ win seasons from 2005-06 to 2013-14 

Menzies 20 win season might have come with the worst out of conference schedule in the history of college basketball 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage