Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC Transfer Portal ** Last update 2/8/23 1:38 pm ** General update ** Check page 1

On 12/19/2022 at 3:25 PM, Nevada6077 said:

U have issues dude

they want pro if possible,   Spoken like a true con. Vict

No shit.  Of course they want pro if possible.  Most of them are smart enough to know that ain't gonna' happen.  Otherwise they wouldn't have signed with an academy.

On 12/19/2022 at 3:25 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

If it’s true that 30% of the kids entering the portal will not get a scholly anywhere and another 30% will move down a level, that leaves 40% who will stay at the same level or move up.

How many UNLV players in total have entered the portal?  If it’s eight or more, then three of them getting P5 offers doesn’t contradict the rule of thumb above.  It just means those three comprise the fortunate 40%.

Yeah, that would be trying to force a small example into a large sample size.  Conversely, if 70% of UNLV's transfers go to a P5 does that mean that nationally 70% of players in the portal will move on to a better level? 

I don't know how accurate those numbers are, just something I read, but they do seem to make sense.  I think it's clearly fair that players should get a one time transfer without penalty, and I think the portal is the best way to facilitate that.  That doesn't mean it's a good idea for everybody.  Many (most?) will find that they were better off where they started if they're transferring purely for football reasons.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:25 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

If it’s true that 30% of the kids entering the portal will not get a scholly anywhere and another 30% will move down a level, that leaves 40% who will stay at the same level or move up.

How many UNLV players in total have entered the portal?  If it’s eight or more, then three of them getting P5 offers doesn’t contradict the rule of thumb above.  It just means those three comprise the fortunate 40%.

Check the UNLV list on the 1st page - So for only 3 have been resigned & all 3 by P5 programs -- Imagine these will go both ways eventually 

On 12/19/2022 at 3:25 PM, HawaiiMongoose said:

In terms of statistics and averages, yes.

You're forgetting to factor in the norm of UNLV FB.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/19/2022 at 3:43 PM, Headbutt said:

Yeah, that would be trying to force a small example into a large sample size.  Conversely, if 70% of UNLV's transfers go to a P5 does that mean that nationally 70% of players in the portal will move on to a better level? 

I don't know how accurate those numbers are, just something I read, but they do seem to make sense.  I think it's clearly fair that players should get a one time transfer without penalty, and I think the portal is the best way to facilitate that.  That doesn't mean it's a good idea for everybody.  Many (most?) will find that they were better off where they started if they're transferring purely for football reasons.

A lot of kids who entered the portal early have stepped down in class. Whether it was to go back home or find a better Academic fit, especially for kids who won't see PT , factors in as well.

Americans Mayor

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 12/20/2022 at 10:43 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Also Jackson Cravens, a wouldabeen DL starter next year.

Can he eat up blockers and double teams ?

If so, he is welcome in the Aztec 3-3-5.

Americans Mayor

On 12/20/2022 at 9:46 PM, Spaztecs said:

Can he eat up blockers and double teams ?

If so, he is welcome in the Aztec 3-3-5.

Yeah, he's pretty good.  Started 11 games in 2021.  Got bumped on the depth chart by Herbert Gums this year, but still played a decent amount and started the final 2 games.

I would have thought you'd be more interested in Vidlak.  I was really impressed with his performance against SDSU (9/12 for 86 yards) and thought we were going to have a 2-QB situation with him and Green.  But then he almost never saw the field the rest of the year.  Really quick release, throws a nice ball.  I did think his first interview in Boise was kinda weird, where he basically admitted he left Oregon State because he didn't get the starting job (and thought he didn't get a fair shot). He could be a great FCS quarterback, but I think he is talented enough to start at this level in the right circumstance.

Any D-Line transfer should be of interest to the Aztecs this off season. They are graduating four D-linemen. Two have been All Conference, Banks and Jonah Tavai, and Tavai was 1st/2nd Team All American depending on the Award Giver.

Hopefully, Santa will drop a couple of inside fire plugs into the Aztec stockings.

Americans Mayor

Whys Boise losing so many players to BYU? Aren’t you guys “rivals”

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250