Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC Transfer Portal ** Last update 2/8/23 1:38 pm ** General update ** Check page 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:28 PM, Headbutt said:

Although, a recent change in policy (if I understand correctly) allows him to defer his service for some predetermined time in order to play in the NFL.  Could still finish at the the USMA and would be on reserve status for a while but eventually does owe the Army his time.

Roger Staubach served four years, one in Vietnam, before he started his NFL Career 

David Robinson served two years of active Reserve Duty and was given a discharge because of he was considered to tall for line duty. He was 6'5 when he was recruited his Junior year of HS. When he showed up in Annapolis he was 6'7. By the time he graduated he was 7'0.

Napolean MacCallum did serve his four years. During that time he was granted his 30 days leave during the Raiders Summer Camp so he could pursue his profession.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/17/2022 at 11:25 AM, Spaztecs said:

Roger Staubach served four years, one in Vietnam, before he started his NFL Career 

David Robinson served two years of active Reserve Duty and was given a discharge because of he was considered to tall for line duty. He was 6'5 when he was recruited his Junior year of HS. When he showed up in Annapolis he was 6'7. By the time he graduated he was 7'0.

Napolean MacCallum did serve his four years. During that time he was granted his 30 days leave during the Raiders Summer Camp so he could pursue his profession.

You forgot Chad Hennings Air Force Academy graduate '87. Outland trophy winner. Unanimous 1st team All-American and led  the nation in sacks with 24. WAC defensive POY. Drafted in the 11th round by Dallas. Went to pilot trainScreenshot_20221217_135423_Google.jpg.e278b2ab7d92b03fa839ba9aba3aabae.jpging then A-10 training. Flew 45 combat mission in Iraq in Dessert Storm. Dallas still wanted him and 5 years after graduation played with the Cowboys for the first time. Won 3x Super Bowl rings and played for  8 years all w Dallas.

GO FALCONS 

..GO FALCONS..

On 12/17/2022 at 11:25 AM, Spaztecs said:

On 12/17/2022 at 1:47 PM, ltcpilot said:

You forgot Chad Hennings Air Force Academy graduate '87. Outland trophy winner. Unanimous 1st team All-American and led  the nation in sacks with 24. WAC defensive POY. Drafted in the 11th round by Dallas. Went to pilot trainScreenshot_20221217_135423_Google.jpg.e278b2ab7d92b03fa839ba9aba3aabae.jpging then A-10 training. Flew 45 combat mission in Iraq in Dessert Storm. Dallas still wanted him and 5 years after graduation played with the Cowboys for the first time. Won 3x Super Bowl rings and played for  8 years all w Dallas.

GO FALCONS 

Aware of those great stories, and many enlisted men that served and then pursued their athletic careers.  It goes to my point though, those folks honored the commitment that they made first and then went pro.  They were not excused from the investment that the country made in them.  I just think that's a decision you have to make and stick to.

Cam Stone Wyoming corner just committed to Hawaii.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 12/17/2022 at 1:47 PM, ltcpilot said:

GO FALCONS 

I knew there was an Air Force player I miissed 

My old timers kicked in when I was posting.

Americans Mayor

On 12/17/2022 at 3:48 PM, Headbutt said:

Aware of those great stories, and many enlisted men that served and then pursued their athletic careers.  It goes to my point though, those folks honored the commitment that they made first and then went pro.  They were not excused from the investment that the country made in them.  I just think that's a decision you have to make and stick to.

Then the Acadamies would retain very few players.

Americans Mayor

On 12/17/2022 at 9:41 PM, Spaztecs said:

Then the Acadamies would retain very few players.

Unlikely.  They're not dumb.  They know if they can get to the pros or not, and 99% can't.

The vast majority are there to serve their country and form a career.  They're just playing ball because they can.

On 12/18/2022 at 9:17 AM, son of a gun said:

*sigh*

This is gonna be a rough bowl game for us. Most of those guys are starters.

Are they so down on the program they don't want to play in a Bowl Game ?

For 95% of these kids, there is no FB beyond College, yet they throw away an opportunity to play an extra game.

Why not wait until after the Bowl game ?

Americans Mayor

On 12/18/2022 at 12:16 PM, Spaztecs said:

Are they so down on the program they don't want to play in a Bowl Game ?

For 95% of these kids, there is no FB beyond College, yet they throw away an opportunity to play an extra game.

Why not wait until after the Bowl game ?

No idea. Some speculation on wyonation, but nothing definitive. But still, leaving their teammates high and dry like that is a dick move.

On 12/18/2022 at 3:11 PM, son of a gun said:

No idea. Some speculation on wyonation, but nothing definitive. But still, leaving their teammates high and dry like that is a dick move.

It's happening everywhere.  The grass is greener.  I read that 30% of the kids entering the portal will not get a scholly anywhere, and that another 30% will move down a level.  If it's about chasing NIL, it's fools gold.  If a player really can get a better shot elsewhere (even at a lower division) and still get the same quality of education, then I say go for it but I think there are big regrets ahead for the majority of them.

On 12/18/2022 at 3:48 PM, Headbutt said:

It's happening everywhere.  The grass is greener.  I read that 30% of the kids entering the portal will not get a scholly anywhere, and that another 30% will move down a level.  If it's about chasing NIL, it's fools gold.  If a player really can get a better shot elsewhere (even at a lower division) and still get the same quality of education, then I say go for it but I think there are big regrets ahead for the majority of them.

But, why do it before a Bowl Game ?

Like I said, most of these kids have diminishing opportunities to play FB.

Americans Mayor

On 12/18/2022 at 3:54 PM, Spaztecs said:

But, why do it before a Bowl Game ?

Like I said, most of these kids have diminishing opportunities to play FB.

Agreed.  That makes no sense at all, especially if your a starter/regular rotation player.

Expect the portal to blow up for Boise and Fresno tomorrow.

Americans Mayor

On 12/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, Spaztecs said:

Expect the portal to blow up for Boise and Fresno tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm kind of expecting that, but we'll see.  I'm curious about Green especially.  With Hank in the portal, he's in the drivers seat in Boise and would be just greedy to move on.  He'll get his NFL looks without moving on, but he might still do it.  I'd like to see him stay.  I'm sure plenty of Boise fans are not just interested like I am, but actually pretty damn nervous.

On 12/17/2022 at 9:08 PM, Headbutt said:

Unlikely.  They're not dumb.  They know if they can get to the pros or not, and 99% can't.

The vast majority are there to serve their country and form a career.  They're just playing ball because they can.

U have issues dude

they want pro if possible,   Spoken like a true con. Vict

On 12/19/2022 at 10:51 AM, UNLV2001 said:

So far the UNLV players in the portal that have signed with a new school have all taken a step up 

BYU, Cal & OK St 

If it’s true that 30% of the kids entering the portal will not get a scholly anywhere and another 30% will move down a level, that leaves 40% who will stay at the same level or move up.

How many UNLV players in total have entered the portal?  If it’s eight or more, then three of them getting P5 offers doesn’t contradict the rule of thumb above.  It just means those three comprise the fortunate 40%.