Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

MWC Transfer Portal ** Last update 2/8/23 1:38 pm ** General update ** Check page 1

On 12/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, Greedy Reb said:

How do you transfer out of AF? I thought players were committed to serve for a period of time. 

At the beginning of their junior year they have a "commitment dinner", it's kind of a big deal.

Cadets are committing to 2 more years of school and a minimum of 5 years service.

Thanks for Kyle Williams UNLV. Appreciate it 

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

Here’s a link that would help you with Hawaii’s list.

https://www.khon2.com/sports/uh-football-2022-offseason-transfer-tracker/

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 12/11/2022 at 6:16 PM, Mike Morgan said:

San Jose State received a commitment from Cal Poly defensive back Jayvion Cole, a true freshman this past season that was described as the Mustangs best defensive back. Cole played at Oakland's McClymonds HS.

I found video:. https://youtu.be/Ly4fJeCQV_o

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 12/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, LoFasZz said:

Thanks for Kyle Williams UNLV. Appreciate it 

Only one player? He's losing his touch. 

According to Brady Hoke, there are a number of Aztecs who are going to hit the portal after the Hawaii Bowl. He did not name, names.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

Former Boise State players who entered the transfer portal who have committed and or signed with other teams this year:

Jacob Golden - O-lineman - Committed to New Mexico State

Tyneil Hopper - Tight End - Committed to Michigan State

Will Ferrin - P & PK - Committed to B. Y. U.

Casey Kline - Tight End / Linebacker - Committed to Central Oklahoma

Former Boise State players who are currently still in the transfer portal

Hank Bachmeier - Quarterback

Deven Wright - Defensive End - Has offers from three Sun Belt Confernce teams

Isaiah Bagnah - Defensive End (just visited and received offer from B.Y.U.)

Taequan Tyler - Running Back

Roman Kafentzis - Safety

Jalen Richmond - Wide Receiver

On 12/8/2022 at 7:16 PM, 4UNLV said:

I think they can transfer out the first two years, but after that, they're committed not only to the team, but to the USAF for a certain amount of time after they graduate.

Once you report day one of your junior year any cadet is committed to serve in the Air Force,  prior to that any cadet, athlete or not, has no commitment

..GO FALCONS..

On 12/16/2022 at 11:24 AM, ltcpilot said:

Once you report day one of your junior year any cadet is committed to serve in the Air Force,  prior to that any cadet, athlete or not, has no commitment

What are the repercussions (if any) if a kid spends two years at the AFA and then decides to finish school elsewhere? I thought I had heard there was some financial liability, but don't know if that is actually true.

On 12/16/2022 at 3:56 PM, KingBronco said:

What are the repercussions (if any) if a kid spends two years at the AFA and then decides to finish school elsewhere? I thought I had heard there was some financial liability, but don't know if that is actually true.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure none. They can quit any time before day 1 of their junior year with no repercussions. After that, if they don’t graduate, then they owe back tuition. The kid from Army that’s going to get drafted is going to have to deliberately flunk out and pay it back in order to play in the nfl. 

On 12/16/2022 at 5:34 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure none. They can quit any time before day 1 of their junior year with no repercussions. After that, if they don’t graduate, then they owe back tuition. The kid from Army that’s going to get drafted is going to have to deliberately flunk out and pay it back in order to play in the nfl. 

Although, a recent change in policy (if I understand correctly) allows him to defer his service for some predetermined time in order to play in the NFL.  Could still finish at the the USMA and would be on reserve status for a while but eventually does owe the Army his time.

On 12/16/2022 at 5:28 PM, Headbutt said:

Although, a recent change in policy (if I understand correctly) allows him to defer his service for some predetermined time in order to play in the NFL.  Could still finish at the the USMA and would be on reserve status for a while but eventually does owe the Army his time.

For the moment that’s still true. But I just read this today and it looks like a new bill will mix that option. I tend to agree that it’s silly that the military treat professional sports differently than any other profession, but the kid came to Army with the understanding that he could pursue both of his dreams (West Point graduate/officer and the NFL) and to have that pulled out from under him is unfair. He and others in the same boat should be grandfathered in.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35264496/bill-nix-nfl-draft-army-1st-round-hopeful-andre-carter-ii

I like the change, but agree that he should get grandfathered.  He should get what he signed up for.  Moving forward, if you commit to the military (especially an academy) you should be expected to honor that commitment.

Responding to a couple things above

Leaving prior to day one of junior year there is 0 commitment 0 payback

Congress is playing with people's mines and hearts for the 3rd or 4th time in the last 12 years of what graduates of the Academy's can or cannot do. Getting ready to change back to 2 years service minimum before going pro. While that is not bad, it is not fair in the timing of the rule ....until this most recent change they could go pro if drafted and making a team. Changing the rules for kids that are getting ready to graduate not fair in my mind. 

Good article....I feel bad for AFs Roberts 

GO FALCONS 

https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-sports/service-academy-athletes-figure-to-see-direct-path-to-pro-sports-removed-by-provision-in/article_a06efaee-7d95-11ed-ad94-07632d2ae881.html

( Sent from The Gazette )

..GO FALCONS..