Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Hawaii vs UNLV at DLC in Henderson NV

On 12/8/2022 at 11:05 AM, UNLV2001 said:

UNLV needs to modify their seating / ticket prices to reflect the changing sports landscape in the area..........offer various ticket prices for all lower bowl seats and offer upper deck anywhere for a general admission cheap price 015 to 2018 unranked 

Ticket prices were reduced this year by 40% to encourage people to move down to the lower bowl and to also stimulate sales. We’ve had more butts in the seats for OOC supposedly nobody teams this year than in a long time. Could the style of play and winning be making a difference? It took a decade of bad coaches and decisions by the AD and Admin to get us here. It might take a minute or two to undo the damage done. 

If you build it, they will come. 

A winning program. 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:12 AM, Gator 82 said:

The only thing outdated is RR thinking that the UNLV basketball program is what it used to be and that the days of the T&M being sold out every game are going to be common place. Vegas isn’t what it used to be and the Runnin Rebels are no longer the only game in town and if and when the NBA and MLB come to town, it’s just gonna be that much more difficult for the Rebs to get a piece of that spectator pie.

Biggest fantasy is that the T&M sold out for UNLV BB - It sold out or came close only over the 1986-87 to 1900-91 years ..........most years it was in the 12,000 -14,000 range 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:16 AM, quickdraw said:

Ticket prices were reduced this year by 40% to encourage people to move down to the lower bowl and to also stimulate sales. We’ve had more butts in the seats for OOC supposedly nobody teams this year than in a long time. Could the style of play and winning be making a difference? It took a decade of bad coaches and decisions by the AD and Admin to get us here. It might take a minute or two to undo the damage done. 

If you build it, they will come. 

A winning program. 

That's smart on UNLV's part...........make the lower half of the middle 3 the most expensive, then drop it down for the upper half of those sections, then reduction of prices around the lower bowl ..........and make the upper deck GA for $5 sit anywhere 

If the team starts to win and some decent OOC opponents are scheduled, there's no reason UNLV can't get back to 10-12K attendance and maybe even to to 14K for a good OOC opponent -- this all is based on UNLV being pretty good overall 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:14 AM, ph90702 said:

Wrigley Field has been renovated too!  But it's still outdated.

And well known as one of the most iconic arenas in American sports. I don't like going to games at Wrigley Field cuz of the grandstand beams that block the view of play, but ppl from all over go to see games there. Attendance always good and tickets always overpriced even when the Cubs are Butt, which they often are.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/8/2022 at 11:17 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Biggest fantasy is that the T&M sold out for UNLV BB - It sold out or came close only over the 1986-87 to 1900-91 years ..........most years it was in the 12,000 -14,000 range 

And yet I remember a game delayed for 20 minutes when a fire marshal needed to sign off on over 20,000 people in a facility with a capacity of 18,500. Can’t count how many times I almost passed out from yelling at many games. That place has been MONEY for UNLV for decades. Only 1 thing has changed and it is currently in the process of another change for the better. This isn’t the SBSB. 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:24 AM, VincentVegaBond said:

And well known as one of the most iconic arenas in American sports. I don't like going to games at Wrigley Field cuz of the grandstand beams that block the view of play, but ppl from all over go to see games there. Attendance always good and tickets always overpriced even when the Cubs are Butt, which they often are.

What made Cubs games a national phenomenon was :

1) Explosion in cable tv across the country in 1990's 

2) WGN becoming a staple 'superstation' on most every cable service & carrying Cubs games

3) Harry Carry becoming an icon for his antics & Cubs homerism

4) The "friendly confines" & "Wrigleyville" 

The combination of all those made the lovable losers an American Icon & made Wrigley Field a place to get to 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:20 AM, UNLV2001 said:

That's smart on UNLV's part...........make the lower half of the middle 3 the most expensive, then drop it down for the upper half of those sections, then reduction of prices around the lower bowl ..........and make the upper deck GA for $5 sit anywhere 

If the team starts to win and some decent OOC opponents are scheduled, there's no reason UNLV can't get back to 10-12K attendance and maybe even to to 14K for a good OOC opponent -- this all is based on UNLV being pretty good overall 

I've bought upper deck season tickets since I graduated a few years ago and just walk down to the lower bowl every game. That's at least one good thing about having crap attendance, lol. But I've been doing that for years. Even during the 98 WAC tourney run where the Mack was nearly sold out I sat near Courtside every game. I'm cheap and proud of it, lol! But would rather have a harder time finding good seats with more fans, of course...

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/8/2022 at 11:25 AM, toonkee said:

Parking, ingress and egress at the dlc is a nightmare. Loved and appreciated the t&m very much last night regarding all that.

My office is is near there and when I left the office at 6:30 getting on at the exit just west of the DLC Green Valley exit .........the traffic getting off to get to the DLC was jammed up .........that's a brutal exit.........you get caught at the light from the freeway exit, then there's a light for the two shopping centers & then the light at GV Parkway & Paseo Verde at the main corner where the DLC sits ...........knew then that it was going to a "late arriving crowd"

On 12/8/2022 at 11:24 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Kevin Kruger needs two more wins to tie TJ Otzelberger for 9th place all-time at UNLV 

K Kruger has 27 wins in 41 games

TJO had 29 wins in 59 games 

So by end of the month. Not much of a standard, more of a bump in the road.

On 12/8/2022 at 11:26 AM, quickdraw said:

And yet I remember a game delayed for 20 minutes when a fire marshal need to sign off on over 20,000 people in a facility with a capacity of 18,500. Can’t count how many times I almost passed out from yelling at many games. That place has been MONEY for UNLV for decades. Only 1 thing has changed and it is currently in the process of another change for the better. This isn’t the SBSB. 

That was the Navy at UNLV game with David Robinson...........I was at that game and they were sitting people in the aisles at the top rows of the upper deck - That was the Fire Marshall compromise - That was also the top attendance ever for UNLV BB  

UNLV 77

UNLV 77
## Player GS MIN FG 3PT FT ORB-DRB REB PF A TO BLK STL PTS
15 Rodriguez, Luis * 27 6-14 3-7 3-3 3-4 7 4 0 2 0 2 18
10 Gilbert, Keshon * 34 4-12 1-1 4-4 0-1 1 1 4 3 0 3 13
55 Harkless, EJ * 27 3-10 0-2 4-6 1-3 4 3 1 2 0 0 10
12 Muoka, David * 26 3-4 0-0 3-4 7-2 9 1 1 0 3 2 9
01 Parquet, Elijah * 18 0-3 0-0 2-2 0-4 4 4 0 1 1 0 2
02 Webster, Justin   26 3-4 3-4 4-4 0-4 4 1 0 0 0 0 13
24 Johnson III, Jackie   15 2-10 1-4 2-2 1-2 3 0 1 4 1 0 7
05 McCabe, Jordan   13 1-2 0-0 1-2 0-1 1 1 3 0 0 0 3
00 Iwuakor, Victor   14 1-1 0-0 0-1 1-5 6 3 0 1 1 1 2
TM TEAM   0 0-0 0-0 0-0 3-0 3 0 0 0 0 0 0
  Totals - 200 23-60 8-18 23-28 16-26 42 18 10 13 6 8 77
Team Summary FG 3PT FT
First Half 12-32 5-8 12-13
37.50 % 62.50 % 92.31 %
Second Half 11-28 3-10 11-15
39.29 % 30.00 % 73.33 %
Total 23-60 8-18 23-28
  38.3 % 44.4 % 82.1 %
Technical Fouls: (1) Iwuakor, Victor Second Chance Points: 12 Scores Tied: 0 time(s)
Points in the Paint: 30 Fast Break Points: 18 Lead Changed: 0 time(s)
Points off Turnovers: 21 Bench Points: 25

On 12/8/2022 at 11:29 AM, VincentVegaBond said:

I've bought upper deck season tickets since I graduated a few years ago and just walk down to the lower bowl every game. That's at least one good thing about having crap attendance, lol. But I've been doing that for years. Even during the 98 WAC tourney run where the Mack was nearly sold out I sat near Courtside every game. I'm cheap and proud of it, lol! But would rather have a harder time finding good seats with more fans, of course...

That WAC tourney was electric. That atmosphere was crazy. It was LOUD. Majerus looked like he was having a workout with that sweater and yelling/screaming for 2 hours. 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:25 AM, toonkee said:

Parking, ingress and egress at the dlc is a nightmare. Loved and appreciated the t&m very much last night regarding all that.

I agree, that was flabbergasting and a total nightmare. It was hard to believe I had to wait 15 minutes in line just to park and another 15 minutes waiting in line to get in for an event with under 5k people!!!! And the $15 parking charge after all that is insulting. Definitely very poorly set up. Don't get me wrong I love the DLC but they gotta figure that out.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/8/2022 at 11:36 AM, Rosegreen said:

That WAC tourney was electric. That atmosphere was crazy. It was LOUD. Majerus looked like he was having a workout with that sweater and yelling/screaming for 2 hours. 

When UNLV was in the WAC........that conference had 3 of the largest capacity arenas in college BB

UNLV 18,500

BYU Marriott Center 22,000

New Mexico 18,018 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, VincentVegaBond said:

I agree, that was flabbergasting and a total nightmare. It was hard to believe I had to wait 15 minutes in line just to park and another 15 minutes waiting in line to get in for an event with under 5k people!!!! And the $15 parking charge after all that is insulting. Definitely very poorly set up. Don't get me wrong I love the DLC but they gotta figure that out.

My guess is that there were a lot of people who weren't familiar with the mess that is that area even on normal traffic days............they didn't know it was going to be a mess 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:35 AM, UNLV2001 said:

That was the Navy at UNLV game with David Robinson...........I was at that game and they were sitting people in the aisles at the top rows of the upper deck - That was the Fire Marshall compromise - That was also the top attendance ever for UNLV BB  

In the lower bowl we all just pushed together to get people out of the isles. Didn’t sit down till halftime and stood up the whole 2nd half. Many packed games in there over the years. Most of the time for the first decade it was a crazy environment. That only happens with a good product on the floor. 

On 12/8/2022 at 11:42 AM, quickdraw said:

In the lower bowl we all just pushed together to get people out of the isles. Didn’t sit down till halftime and stood up the whole 2nd half. Many packed games in there over the years. Most of the time for the first decade it was a crazy environment. That only happens with a good product on the floor. 

If Kruger can get this program going, we should be seeing 8000 pretty soon with bumps to 10k for the better MWC games -- Then it's UNLV improving to being ranked & getting some good OOC & MWC games but it's not unthinkable that UNLV could get to 12-14 per game which is where UNLV was for most years over the last 30