Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Hawaii vs UNLV at DLC in Henderson NV

On 12/6/2022 at 6:13 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

Here are a few pics from my last Ignite game...

20221112_184433.jpg

20221112_184623.jpg

The court looked like that when I went to the final 4 in Phoenix about 5 years ago, we were on the corner, my boss paid over $2500 for two tickets there, back then.  I'm sure we'll see that in a few years at Allegient. And the thing is, we didn't care, we were just so happy to be there, for the experience, lol.

And btw, the zag fans definitely liked to party.

As much as I’d like a Hawaii win. I don’t see it, even if the Defense shows up, the consistency of the perimeter/3-pt shooting has been an issue. Losing the arguable starting PG Munoz in the exhibition game for the second straight season(which pretty much closed his career without ever playing any regular season game for us), and our current roster is so hot-cold with their scoring, never know what team will show up most nights.

On 12/6/2022 at 7:13 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

Bryce started, so far has 1 board and a nice alley oops assist to the tall white guy on the Lakers. Hasn't been able to get open to take a shot. Cool watching BHam play tho!!  No Scoot Henderson, must be injured.

I hope UNLV has a better turnout than this game, I'd say there are 500 people here, tops!!! 😞

20221206_190945.jpg

I know this is a UNLV game thread but just one more post on the G League Ignite game I went to tonight.  Bryce Hamilton was awful.  Stat line was 6 points on 2-10 shooting, 0-2 from 3.  Can just chalk it up as a bad game, but I really didn't like his offensive game.  All he did every time down the court was go to a corner and stand there waiting for the ball.  No movement at all whatsoever.  Can't see him making the NBA if that's all they have him doing within the team offense.

Scottie Pippen Jr. was impressive.  That dude has a wide arsenal of moves and can get to the rim vs. anyone.  I can see him in the league, he is legit.

OK, back to UNLV hoops now, can't wait for the game tomorrow!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/6/2022 at 8:07 PM, jdgaucho said:

Texas A&M Commerce?

I watched that game...Hawaii nearly pulled off a miraculous comeback but a stupid ref screwed them

That being said what an absolutely awful loss 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2022/dec/07/can-unlv-basketball-make-it-9-0-vs-hawaii/

Can UNLV basketball make it 9-0 vs. Hawaii?

Containing Coleman

If there’s one thing UNLV does, it’s defend in the backcourt. And team’s stable of perimeter defenders figure to get a workout Wednesday in the form of Hawaii point guard Noel Coleman.

Coleman is the Warriors’ leading scorer at 17.4 points, and he’s also their leading assist man at 3.0 per game. The junior makes 38.8% of his 3-pointers and gets into the lane at a steady clip, converting 54.1% inside the arc.

Lou-Rod is hot

Rodriguez never averaged more than 7.6 points per game in his four years at Mississippi, but he has topped double figures in each of the last four games against D-I competition and is now averaging 11.9 points for the season. That includes the career-high 19 points he put up against San Diego on Saturday.

The 6-foot-6 wing is doing most of his damage in transition and in the paint, as he has converted 61.7% of his 2-point shots. And that’s in addition to his stalwart defense.

Home away from home

If all goes well on Wednesday, this could become an annual thing for UNLV. Kruger said the team is hoping to establish one non-Mack venue to host them every year in December when the NFR pushes them out of their home arena, and pointed to the Henderson venue as an obvious option.

“We’re hoping for something that can potentially become a tradition,” Kruger said. “If it’s Dollar Loan, that would be great.”

Rebels sound very confident in being able to play defense hard for 40 minutes. As usual so far this season it will come down to our offense and their confidence has been growing throughout the season. Line is up to -8 seems about right. I’m interested in how we play defense and make corrections. 4 games till conference play.

On 12/7/2022 at 8:42 AM, B_Lootz said:

Interested to see Kemaka Hepa up close tonight. He’s from the northernmost city in the US.. Barrow, AK, up in the arctic circle. Transferred from Texas to UH. 

Hepa likes to park himself on the 3 point line.  Keep a body on him at all times.  He's more than capable of knocking them down.  

At least, that was our experience when we faced him last season.  

On 12/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

I'll say this about the Dollar Loan Center. They are very poorly equipped to handle crowds of this size. Insanely long lines for both parking and to get in 😞

My office is one mile west of there .........when I got on the freeway at 6:30 it was jammed getting off at the Green Valley exit - traffic in that area is horrendous -- Will be a late arriving crowd