Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MetropolitanCowboy

Aaron Judge

That would be a great signing for the Giants. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 12/7/2022 at 7:40 AM, namssa said:

Judge leaked he was going to sign with the Giants to get Yankees to move up to a ridiculous number.  Well played Judge.  Very nice!

Padres offered him more than the Yankees, but Judge turned them down too. I'm not a Yankees fan, but I'm glad he's staying. ⚾

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/aaron-judge-contract-san-diego-padres-made-surprising-bid-higher-than-yankees-per-report/

On 12/7/2022 at 10:25 AM, SAMO said:

The back end of that deal is going to be ugly but the skanks can afford it I guess…lol

Judge is a great player but he ain’t worth $360m! He’s a big dude that’s already missed a lot of baseball because of injury. I think you’ll see a few more great seasons followed by a step decline because of injury. 

On 12/7/2022 at 11:35 AM, NevadaFan said:

Judge is a great player but he ain’t worth $360m! He’s a big dude that’s already missed a lot of baseball because of injury. I think you’ll see a few more great seasons followed by a step decline because of injury. 

In a league with no salary cap that’s the cost of getting a player like judge. If they can win a World Series while he’s still in his prime then it will have been totally worth it to watch him hobble through the backend of his career. 

Truth be told, I’d rather the Giants get a few guys like Carlos Correa, Brandon Nimmo, and a pitcher or 2 instead of tying it up with one dude. Would have been a repeat of the late Bonds-era I think.

Not as flashy, but def a better team that way, especially with Mitch Haniger signing last night. 

I’d have been happy to have Judge, but if it gets 3-4 pretty good players, I’m equally as fine with it. 

On 12/7/2022 at 6:38 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Lol at the Giants 

The Giants owner could care less.  The team is debt free.   He's putting his money in constructing buildings on his property near the stadium.  I heard his son wants the Giants to succeed, but his old man wants to run the show.  President of baseball operations, Farhan Zaidi, is destined to fail so if I were him I'd split ahead of a forthcoming disaster.  Attendance is dropping and he'll be blamed.  The Dodgers and lately the Padres don't fool around when it comes to money.  I think the Giants will fall close to the bottom of their division next season.     

On 12/7/2022 at 1:43 PM, aztech said:

The Giants owner could care less.  The team is debt free.   He's putting his money in constructing buildings on his property near the stadium.  I heard his son wants the Giants to succeed, but his old man wants to run the show.  President of baseball operations, Farhan Zaidi, is destined to fail so if I were him I'd split ahead of a forthcoming disaster.  Attendance is dropping and he'll be blamed.  The Dodgers and lately the Padres don't fool around when it comes to money.  I think the Giants will fall close to the bottom of their division next season.     

It sucks to look up at the padres and dodgers in the standings but what doesn’t suck is that the absurd ticket prices at Oracle have came way down. 

On 12/7/2022 at 6:48 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

That is a ridiculous amount of money and no way does he pan out for the length of the contract, but then the Yankees are all about the big score.  I really like Judge though and happy for him to get the $$$

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 12/7/2022 at 7:56 PM, Hoser said:

That is a ridiculous amount of money and no way does he pan out for the length of the contract, but then the Yankees are all about the big score.  I really like Judge though and happy for him to get the $$$

It’s hard to understand how MLB franchises can pay the salaries they do and still make money. Cubs are offering Cody Bellinger $17.5M on a one year deal gambling that he can recover his MVP form. Dodgers gave him last year to get better and it didn’t happen. I doubt the Cubs will have any more success. He can’t hit a high fastball with that uppercut swing. 

On 12/8/2022 at 8:22 AM, thelawlorfaithful said:

Mookie, Xander, soon to be Devers. This is some Harry Frazee bullshit. Way to throw away a golden generation BoSox.

AND WE SIGNED KENLY JENSEN TO BE THE CLOSER

image.gif.40f2e1388515a7a91a958506e4d200e3.gif

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.