Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV hires Barry Odom, cousin of Lamar.

On 12/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, Nevada Convert said:

Arroyo had a solid 1st team on offense and defense to start the year. He had success. He hadn’t built depth yet, so when the injury bug hit bad, there was enough drop off in play to lose games, many close ones. Building some depth is all he needed to do….he was on his way. He’s a good recruiter. 

Arroyo only lost by 6 to CAL, 4 to SDSU, and 7 to Fresno with Haener back. 

With just a little improvement, they were 8-4. 

This.  UNLV fans are notorious for constantly demanding change, then inevitably regretting what they wished for.

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/6/2022 at 3:41 PM, AztecMD said:

I admit that I am not close to UNLV program but you guys are freaking morons for firing a coach that was on the upward trajectory.

Pretty sure “WE” didn’t fire Arroyo. Erick Harper did

On 12/6/2022 at 6:11 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

So in 2025 are there going to be threads about unlv hiring bill belechick? 

If history is any indication, this thread will still be rolling in 2025. 

On 12/6/2022 at 2:19 PM, Spaztecs said:

UNLV missed the boat on Jay Hill. When a Coach of his caliber comes calling, you better not close the door in his face 

He will land at whichever Utah School has the first opening. And he will be nails.

Harper had to have a guy with FBS Coaching experience and this is what washed up on the beach.

Best of Luck 

If Jay Hill is such a can't miss, amazing, up and coming, next great thing coach, why has he been at Weber State for the last 9 years? You'd think a coach that phenomenal would get snatched up a little quicker than that. 

On 12/6/2022 at 5:11 PM, UNLV2001 said:

I'm not a big UNLV football fan, and I think as underwhelming as Arroyo was he should have been given another year. That said I'm all on board with this hillbilly. He does seem significantly more qualified than our usual hires and our program shouldn't drop off a cliff by his hire. Hope he rights this creaky old ship!

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/6/2022 at 6:35 PM, Rebels18 said:

Send me my helmet, welcher 

You’ll get it. Supplier is still out. You want a UNR helmet?  I’ll order that tonight. 

On 12/6/2022 at 5:34 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

I'm not a big UNLV football fan, and I think as underwhelming as Arroyo was he should have been given another year. That said I'm all on board with this hillbilly. He does seem significantly more qualified than our usual hires and our program shouldn't drop off a cliff by his hire. Hope he rights this creaky old ship!

We should win at least six games next year.  Bryant, UTEP, and Vanderbilt are all winnable.  We have Hawaii, UNR, New Mexico, and Colorado State. All winnable.  I think we can win one of Air Force, Wyoming, San Jose State, Fresno State.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, ph90702 said:

We should win at least six games next year.  Bryant, UTEP, and Vanderbilt are all winnable.  We have Hawaii, UNR, New Mexico, and Colorado State. All winnable.  I think we can win one of Air Force, Wyoming, San Jose State, Fresno State.

flexing delusions of grandeur GIF

On 12/6/2022 at 6:39 PM, ph90702 said:

You’ll get nothing and like it. 

A good shot at Bryant and New Mexico.  That’s about all I can see for’23. Who’s the 12th game?  

On 12/6/2022 at 4:04 PM, rebelcuff said:

Haven't heard from @RebelRobert, @ph90702, and @mugtang on their thoughts on the hire.

I don’t have a strong opinion on the hire.  It’s good he had HC experience.  Hope he works out for you guys. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater