Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV hires Barry Odom, cousin of Lamar.

On 1/8/2023 at 4:00 PM, Rebelbacker said:

I watched Marion's video explaining the offense. I was quoting him. But of course you know more about his offense than the guy that invented it.

You don't know much about anything other than trolling. 

I am not a troll! (Richard Nixon voice)

On 1/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, RSF said:

Don't get too attached to him.  12th job in 13 years.  Even for a football coach that is quite an achievement.

Well, we were looking for an OC when we found him, we'll find another if he leaves. Maybe he'll last longer than 20 days, as he works his way up the chain. If he's here for a year or two, then great.

On 1/8/2023 at 6:22 PM, RSF said:

Don't get too attached to him.  12th job in 13 years.  Even for a football coach that is quite an achievement.

I’ll trust Odoms judgement given his track record of hiring OCs. For a defensive guy, he knows what kind of offense he wants to run. Going to be a very up tempo rebel team next season. Mannion is also an ace recruiter, so he’s going to pull in guys we never dreamed of getting. 

On 1/8/2023 at 8:11 PM, 4UNLV said:

Well, we were looking for an OC when we found him, we'll find another if he leaves. Maybe he'll last longer than 20 days, as he works his way up the chain. If he's here for a year or two, then great.

I give him two years!

Marion going to be a hell of a play caller if Odom gives him no restraints. We literally had him and GJ Kinne on staff but Todd Graham decided to give his unexperienced son the play calling duties 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

Related image

On 1/10/2023 at 2:25 PM, trvitmvnz said:

Marion going to be a hell of a play caller if Odom gives him no restraints. We literally had him and GJ Kinne on staff but Todd Graham decided to give his unexperienced son the play calling duties 🤦🏽‍♂️ 

If Barry Odom does what he says, then he will.

https://mwwire.com/2023/01/09/unlv-makes-a-great-hire-with-brennan-marion-as-its-new-offensive-coordinator/

UNLV football was going for some sort of splash and but heavy on experience when it came to hiring its new head coach. Barry Odomfits the latter more than the former, as did their less-than-a-month offensive coordinator Bobby Petrino.

Petrino left for the same position with Texas A&M but his move might have been a giant plus for UNLV football. Petrino was never a long-term fit (just google his track record).

The Rebels made a brilliant move that this writer has been in fan of for years to bring back into the Mountain West and they did it.

Athletics director Erick Harper hired Texas wide receivers coach Brennan Marion to Las Vegas, per reports.

On 1/11/2023 at 8:47 AM, quickdraw said:

https://mwwire.com/2023/01/09/unlv-makes-a-great-hire-with-brennan-marion-as-its-new-offensive-coordinator/

UNLV football was going for some sort of splash and but heavy on experience when it came to hiring its new head coach. Barry Odomfits the latter more than the former, as did their less-than-a-month offensive coordinator Bobby Petrino.

Petrino left for the same position with Texas A&M but his move might have been a giant plus for UNLV football. Petrino was never a long-term fit (just google his track record).

The Rebels made a brilliant move that this writer has been in fan of for years to bring back into the Mountain West and they did it.

Athletics director Erick Harper hired Texas wide receivers coach Brennan Marion to Las Vegas, per reports.

With this, I decided to renew my season tickets..see ya next fall. 

On 1/11/2023 at 9:27 AM, 4UNLV said:

With this, I decided to renew my season tickets..see ya next fall. 

I expect to see the entertainment value to increase a bunch. Should be a serious step up from  the past few years, or few decades for that matter.