Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV hires Barry Odom, cousin of Lamar.

On 1/5/2023 at 5:09 PM, Cougar/Frog said:

TA&M offered Garrett Riley that for 3 years to try and get him away from TCU.  I wouldn't be surprised if Petrino is getting that.

I would be (despite the article).  Darrell Dickey was making 850k.  Petrino isnt in as much demand as Riley, and was far from Jimbo's 1st choice.    But Riley is waiting for a P5 HC gig.  Which he'll probably get in a year or two.

But the Aggies aren't known for being logical or smart, so he's probably getting 3...

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 1/8/2023 at 9:05 AM, Rebelbacker said:

Very happy with this hire. I've been following his career for years. Excited to see his Go Go offense here at UNLV. 

Doug Brumfield is the only QB on the roster who fits the offense, so they will need to find a JUCO or somebody in the portal who can play right away.

On 1/8/2023 at 11:19 AM, ph90702 said:

Doug Brumfield is the only QB on the roster who fits the offense, so they will need to find a JUCO or somebody in the portal who can play right away.

Wrong. Bailey can run it just fine. You don't need a super athletic QB to run it. 

On 1/8/2023 at 11:21 AM, KayakArmada said:

Fantastic hire! These are the moves UNLV needs to make to turn things around. 

I don’t know a whole lot about the offense, but I hope it’s not 75% run like Tony Sanchez.  We couldn’t throw the ball when he was here.

I was actually reading about the go go offense recently as a couple days ago, thought it was impossible to get an assistant from UT. Thought Brennan was unattainable but that extra 300k buyout that TAMU paid for Petrino must have helped. 

Home run hire, imo. Always wanted a football savant running the offense. Excited to see an uptempo west coast style offense, RPO’s etc. Brennan will be looking for mismatches and exposing the D. Lincoln Riley runs some plays off this offense. 

Brennan is also a recruiting savant, this might put us in play for the Arkansas QB Malik Hornsby but seems he’s close to committing to Nebraska. 

On 1/8/2023 at 3:31 PM, ph90702 said:

You’re wrong!

I watched Marion's video explaining the offense. I was quoting him. But of course you know more about his offense than the guy that invented it.

On 1/8/2023 at 3:32 PM, ph90702 said:

I don’t know a whole lot about the offense, but I hope it’s not 75% run like Tony Sanchez.  We couldn’t throw the ball when he was here.

You don't know much about anything other than trolling. 

On 1/8/2023 at 9:05 AM, Rebelbacker said:

Very happy with this hire. I've been following his career for years. Excited to see his Go Go offense here at UNLV. 

He engineered the biggest upset in CFB history, he was the Howard OC when they beat UNLV being 48 point dogs or whatever it was. 

Don't get too attached to him.  12th job in 13 years.  Even for a football coach that is quite an achievement.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.