Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV hires Barry Odom, cousin of Lamar.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:39 PM, ph90702 said:

We should win at least six games next year.  Bryant, UTEP, and Vanderbilt are all winnable.  We have Hawaii, UNR, New Mexico, and Colorado State. All winnable.  I think we can win one of Air Force, Wyoming, San Jose State, Fresno State.

We’ll go undefeated and Arkansas pays UNLV Odom’s buyout and we can finally afford Pitino! 

On 12/6/2022 at 5:02 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

HC: Odom

OC: Petersen

DC: Patterson

DB’s: Deion

QB’s: Herman

ST’s: Polian

Tremble in fear peasants

I like how you slipped Polian in there and thought we wouldn't notice, lol.

On 12/6/2022 at 4:41 PM, AztecMD said:

Look at the chart! You’re AD is a freaking moron! Fire Arroyo next year if he doesn’t continue the trajectory.  Again, look at the trajectory of that chart.  You guys deserve the coaches you get.  

a return to BASELINE ISN'T UPWARD TRAJECTORY 

also quit acting us mere fans are responsible for the actions of the AD. it's cringe! I'm just here for the ride and to talk shit along the way

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/6/2022 at 7:49 PM, Rebels18 said:

a return to BASELINE ISN'T UPWARD TRAJECTORY 

also quit acting us mere fans are responsible for the actions of the AD. it's cringe! I'm just here for the ride and to talk shit along the way

Vegas’ baseline is 5 wins? This makes as much sense as your dumb butt bowl arguments. 

On 12/6/2022 at 8:24 PM, NevadaFan said:

Vegas’ baseline is 5 wins? This makes as much sense as your dumb butt bowl arguments. 

Well UNLV's FB lifetime record is like .400 and that's right around where 5-7 is so it makes plenty of sense YOU FILTHY DOG

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

On 12/6/2022 at 5:17 PM, Rosegreen said:

No in the country. As Mizzou DC, he had the 9th best D in the country. Read his bio.

He was there for one season, and they went 1-7 in conference... coming off back to back division titles. You're hanging your hat on that?

On 12/6/2022 at 5:27 PM, Wolverine said:

Shouldn't 25-25 in the SEC equate to at least 35-15 in the MWC?  Rebel fans should be overjoyed with this hire.

Not when his record was 13 and 20 in SEC games. Should we talk about his 5 loses OOC as an "SEC" team? WYOfan, you wanna help here?

On 12/6/2022 at 6:19 PM, 4UNLV said:

I don't know.. hard to win in the SEC, especially at Mizzou of all places. We've had assistants, FCS, high school coaches, time to try something different. Better get a west coast recruiter in fast. But, the portal is open.

It is what it is.

Mizzou won back to back SEC division titles the year before he was hired as DC and a year after that he was hired as HC. They were doing it before him.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:33 PM, Amaru523 said:

If Jay Hill is such a can't miss, amazing, up and coming, next great thing coach, why has he been at Weber State for the last 9 years? You'd think a coach that phenomenal would get snatched up a little quicker than that. 

We've also gone down that road and failed.... Bobby Hauck was a can't miss FCS guy and he missed 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

On 12/6/2022 at 9:54 PM, just_chris said:

We've also gone down that road and failed.... Bobby Hauck was a can't miss FCS guy and he missed 

Exactly. Try something new, at least Harper has gone a different route this time than UNLV has done in the last 20 years.

As you mentioned, Rolo might have done really well here, but here we are.

On 12/6/2022 at 9:52 PM, kingpotato said:

Mizzou won back to back SEC division titles the year before he was hired as DC and a year after that he was hired as HC. They were doing it before him.

Luckily the MW is not the SEC.