Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rosegreen

UNLV hires Barry Odom, cousin of Lamar.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:43 PM, ShoichiKUN808 said:

While its not completely final since its "expected" if it is true, that would be an interesting hire. I'd personally still have wanted a guy like Jay Hill as HC over someone who had a (25-25 record) at Mizzou. But we will get to see what he has if he's officially named

Jay Hill would've been a terrible choice and 3 years from now we'd be looking again. 

On 12/6/2022 at 3:47 PM, Rosegreen said:

He was slated to be the interim HC at Arkansas for their bowl game. I don’t know the status of that now.

Why would he be their interim coach?  They have one.  Sam Pittman.

Odom was headed to Tulsa, but they couldn't agree on a contract.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:51 PM, RSF said:

Why would he be their interim coach?  They have one.  Sam Pittman.

Odom was headed to Tulsa, but they couldn't agree on a contract.

I stand corrected, a story had the headline that he was going to coach the bowl game. I took that as being the HC.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:48 PM, Rosegreen said:

How so? He fields some of the best defenses in the country. 

When? Arkansas' defense hasn't been close to being one of the best in the country, nor was Missouri's.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:54 PM, Amaru523 said:

When? Arkansas' defense hasn't been close to being one of the best in the country, nor was Missouri's.

Read his bio. Mizzou had the 14th best defense. He was given a raise each year at Arkansas to prevent poachers, this past year was bad but they had a lot of key injuries. 

Seems more like a Texas Leaguer than a home run.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:41 PM, Rosegreen said:

We’ve been through the delusional coaching names like Pitino, God, Deion, Patterson, Petersen, Herman, etc., and now the reality sinks in with a boring no name coordinator from an average P5. Then the rationalization kicks in that the total let down pick makes total sense. LOL. 

OK, out of my trolling mode, you shouldn’t have expected anything better than this. Harper is lucky that this guy will give him a chance after that majorly botched decision to fire Arroyo. He’s better than Stoops and Sumlin, that’s for sure. 

kat.jpg

At this point if this is the hire then I hope this guy can rebuild over half of the team, put together a new staff and come out of the gate in year 1 with a bowl. Remember that anything less is unacceptable as per our AD that wanted to put his fingerprints on the program. This also goes right back up to our new President that chose Harper to lead this department.