Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lobo-tomy

New security measures at The Pit

On 12/6/2022 at 7:44 AM, lobo-tomy said:

Hey all, is this similar around the league?

https://golobos.com/news/2022/12/05/new-security-measures-at-the-pit-debut-this-week/

I've never seen extra-curricular action at the Pit. Dreamstyle Stadium? That I get. 

Yeah Boise has had that for a few years.  Takes 30 minutes or more to get into a football game because of the lines.  End up missing most of the 1st quarter.  Awesome fan experience.  

First saw this at the LA Coliseum when the Rams moved back. Wife had to throw away her purse because I wasn’t walking that thing back a mile. The next year it was at the Rose Bowl and the arenas. Then the next year it made its way to Fresno games. It’s becoming the standard.  I bought a few clear bags on Amazon. Don’t get gouged by the scalpers selling them for $20-$30

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 12/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, LoboMan59 said:

You can thank lol sister down south for this fiasco too!

And for the Sun Bowl, Don Haskins, LA Coliseum, and Boise stadium as well, all mentioned above?  Makes perfect sense as always.  BSUalum9, can you shed like on NMSU's impact on Boise security measures?  Asking for a friend.  Same for Tedford and the Coliseum.  I don't recall NMSU travelling there in, well, forever.  Ah, wait, my bad.  We did play UCLA about a decade ago.  2013 to be exact.  

On 12/6/2022 at 10:29 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

First saw this at the LA Coliseum when the Rams moved back. Wife had to throw away her purse because I wasn’t walking that thing back a mile. The next year it was at the Rose Bowl and the arenas. Then the next year it made its way to Fresno games. It’s becoming the standard.  I bought a few clear bags on Amazon. Don’t get gouged by the scalpers selling them for $20-$30

I was the guy that made the hike all the way back to the car the first time it happened.  Now we just assume any game or stadium we go to has the same security measures.

On 12/6/2022 at 8:44 AM, lobo-tomy said:

Hey all, is this similar around the league?

https://golobos.com/news/2022/12/05/new-security-measures-at-the-pit-debut-this-week/

I've never seen extra-curricular action at the Pit. Dreamstyle Stadium? That I get. 

CSU has used metal detectors and clear bag policy for several years now in Moby Arena.

On 12/6/2022 at 4:20 PM, misplacedcowboy said:

Seems like a smart way to keep Wyo fans away. Assuming bronze would set off the detector.

Boot.

Or a plate in your head.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:44 PM, UNLV2001 said:

I don't think arrive early and New Mexico have ever been used successfully together. 

I can see fights happening while waiting in line. 

Apparently they've had a clear bag policy for a while, I don't carry bags into the arena or stadium. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

Metal detectors, pocket emptying clear bags at both Aztec venues. No COVID vax record check this year though. A small victory for normalcy, I guess. 

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Pretty sure Notre Dame didn't let us bring shit in, I brought my really nice camera and was told by some guy in the grass field we parked in to leave it in the car because they wouldn't let me bring it in to the stadium. I guess had I taken it out of the case I'd have been ok but it's a hassle to carry it around without the case and I didn't want it to get damaged. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

It’s too bad you UNLV guys never scored Pitino. You would’ve immediately gotten some of those 360 degree scanners like the ones at the airport. After the game, replays of the hottest chicks going through would’ve been piped into the post game UNLV locker room to get the guys in the mood for a titty bar run. 

kat.jpg