Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pokez

Would you trade your school's current head coach for Deion Sanders?

On 12/5/2022 at 11:07 PM, sactowndog said:

No nor would I want my kids to play for him either.  He sold some top ranked recruits on playing for a HBCU and use their talents to help those schools.  They listened and signed up for his idealistic message.  2 years later he bailed to the PAC.  

Good luck to the next guy trying to do something.  Dion is a snake oil salesman and that won’t work at the next level.  

What are you talking about? What Deion did is the norm in FBS. I don’t like it either. 

kat.jpg

On 12/6/2022 at 1:55 PM, Billings said:

probably, but that waws a lame speech he had to make public to the current CU players

Nah, that's a pretty typical new coach speech.  Doing it in public was definitely low class.

He comin'.    🤣🤣🤣

On 12/5/2022 at 7:33 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Players want to play for him, and with the relaxed transfer rules, any mwc team that landed him would immediately have the most talented roster in the conference and probably be favored in every conference game. It’s a taller task in the pac-12. Talent may not be enough. But it’s not like Colorado can do any worse. 

I watched his CU press conference, other than too many god references for me, it's easy to why this guy lights up a room and gets the attention of everyone. I think he brings in good talent and gets CU bowling by year 2.  CU desperately needs his energy and the eyeballs he will bring. Will he be a bust? My bet is no.

CU is a mess but they have great facilities and big boosters hiding in the weeds waiting for a reason to write checks.

On 12/6/2022 at 11:09 AM, LoboMan59 said:

Did Dion Sanders really tell the players at his team meeting, that he was “gonna bring in really smart, tuff players” ? Wonder how the guys on the team now, felt about being excluded from that statement?

Probably not the best approach but at the end of the day does it matter? CU needs a rebuild/culture change from the ground up. If the current kids walk away or pout over his comments, they are probably weak minded. It would be better if they get fired up and go kick some ass.

These guys will also have to compete with the kids Deion brings with him or recruits. The current players better get over hurt feelings quickly if they plan on staying at CU. Mel Tucker didn't even finish his first cup of coffee at CU before he left to Michigan State. My bet is the current kids are craving real leadership and stability.

Smell that? That’s the smell of 60+ players collectively shitting bricks during that meeting. I loved it and I have no doubt the strong ones are energized and are ready to get after it and the weak ones know they won’t cut it and will transfer out.

He’s always been a high-energy guy and I never followed him at Jackson so I’ve never seen him as a HC, but without a doubt that is the type of coach I would want my kids to play for. Hell, he had me wanting to run through a wall for him after that. 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:12 PM, utenation said:

other than too many god references for me,

As a non-religious person myself, I’ve had to make peace with the fact that pretty much everyone who plays/coaches my favorite sport is a “prayer warrior.” You kind of have to be to play a sport that’s probably going to put you in the grave decades before you would have otherwise. 

So god away, Deion. Whatever it takes to get those portal kids to come to boulder. 

On 12/7/2022 at 9:27 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

As a non-religious person myself, I’ve had to make peace with the fact that pretty much everyone who plays/coaches my favorite sport is a “prayer warrior.” You kind of have to be to play a sport that’s probably going to put you in the grave decades before you would have otherwise. 

So god away, Deion. Whatever it takes to get those portal kids to come to boulder. 

Drawing personal or team strength from faith or asking for safety and health or help with success is all good in my book. This can be applied to everything in life. 

Where it goes sideways for me is thinking god put $300 down on the Raiders to beat the Broncos and made it happen. 

Sanders wasn’t doing that and I wasn’t bothered but I do think some people get carried away with the references. 

On 12/7/2022 at 9:59 AM, utenation said:

Where it goes sideways for me is thinking god put $300 down on the Raiders to beat the Broncos and made it happen. 

God took the Raiders and the money line against the Broncos this season twice. Still down overall though. Even God has to pay Juice. 

Few organizations act decisively to correct a bad hire.  Take Andy Avalos for example.  His Oregon defense under-delivered and under performed.  Then BSU makes a foolish "feel good" hire and makes him head coach.  Nice guy comes home is the storyline.  At BSU Andy again sub-optimizes a good team.  BSU under-performs.  BSU Regents:  you made a mistake.  Fix it.  Fire this dud.

I would for several reasons. 1) the Memphis fan base wants a change 2) the Memphis (city and univ) demographics are what he's looking for 3) he can activly use his Mississippi recruiting resources at Memphis 4) I think Penny and Deion would get on well and make a cool recruiting pitch. 5) It would give attendance an instant boost.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 12/7/2022 at 9:26 PM, UofMTigers said:

I would for several reasons. 1) the Memphis fan base wants a change 2) the Memphis (city and univ) demographics are what he's looking for 3) he can activly use his Mississippi recruiting resources at Memphis 4) I think Penny and Deion would get on well and make a cool recruiting pitch. 5) It would give attendance an instant boost.

I think he would be a great Coach and mentor in a spot like Memphis. A guy like Deion in a place like Memphis or Jackson is going to pay far more Societal dividends for young black men than he will in Boulder.

UC was simply willing to lease out several Brinks trunks for the next five years.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor