Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pokez

Would you trade your school's current head coach for Deion Sanders?

On 12/5/2022 at 9:49 PM, Nevada Convert said:

By the way, only 1 individual has ever been drafted by the NFL, MLB and NBA. 

Dave Winfield

He played for the OG Muss at Minnesota. And he was drafted by four. I think he gets credit for both NBA and ABA. 

One thing would make me hesitate.

He's a Florida guy. West coast athletes may initially be attracted to the name but not respond well to his style over time.

But truthfully, I haven't followed Southern (Jackson St...whatever) at all so I don't know all that much about "Coach Prime". Seems like an odd fit.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Yes! I'd gladly take Sanders over Brennan any day. Brennan's game management is predictable and the team has stalled in the second half many times. Sanders makes good decisions at Jackson State and his 12-0 team has been focused from start to finish. 👊 Prime's got one more game with Jackson State (Celebration Bowl) against North Carolina Central on Sat., 12/17.

Of course. He is going to have big roster turnover in the next month. Id even expect top recruits to flip signing day(s).

I think one thing he is going to be good at is motivating the players to compete kind of like Pete Carroll imo. 
Staff wise its looking good so far. I even heard Zimmer may be his DC 

Related image

On 12/5/2022 at 6:23 PM, Pokez said:

Why or why not?

Please and thank you.

For Craig Bohl? In less than a millisecond.

No nor would I want my kids to play for him either.  He sold some top ranked recruits on playing for a HBCU and use their talents to help those schools.  They listened and signed up for his idealistic message.  2 years later he bailed to the PAC.  

Good luck to the next guy trying to do something.  Dion is a snake oil salesman and that won’t work at the next level.  

I wouldn't unless he was in it for the long run because he doesn't care about the school - only himself.  Look at what will happen to JSU now.  Wouldn't want to change 25 years of winning culture for a 1 and done guy who is sure to jump ship at the first best offer.  Plus I don't think he is a good coach.  15-5 in his first 20 games playing with P5 talent against poor HBCU FCS teams. He may be able to cover that up at Colorado, because he is targeting some very good coordinators (current Kent State Head Coach Sean Lewis for OC and former Minnesota Vikings HC Mike Zimmer for DC).  I don't think he'd be able to get those guys to Boise with our limited pool of money.

Did Dion Sanders really tell the players at his team meeting, that he was “gonna bring in really smart, tuff players” ? Wonder how the guys on the team now, felt about being excluded from that statement?

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 12/6/2022 at 9:55 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

I wouldn't unless he was in it for the long run because he doesn't care about the school - only himself.  Look at what will happen to JSU now.  Wouldn't want to change 25 years of winning culture for a 1 and done guy who is sure to jump ship at the first best offer.  Plus I don't think he is a good coach.  15-5 in his first 20 games playing with P5 talent against poor HBCU FCS teams. He may be able to cover that up at Colorado, because he is targeting some very good coordinators (current Kent State Head Coach Sean Lewis for OC and former Minnesota Vikings HC Mike Zimmer for DC).  I don't think he'd be able to get those guys to Boise with our limited pool of money.

Colorado has been horrible since the days of Rashaan Salaam. Colorado hasn't been on the radar of top recruits at all for quite some time. Even if they only have him for one year, he will rejuvenate that program much more than pretty much anyone else likely could.