Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

Ladies and Gentleman Pastor Kenneth Copeland

Quite familiar with the Rev - his church is north of Fort Worth.  Well known long time anti-vaxxer...which explains the 2013 measles outbreak at his church.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

On 12/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, MetropolitanCowboy said:

That dude is such a crook. 

I always found the megachurches in that light.  I remember when everyone mocked Creflo Dollar.  Now those types are celebrated while many local churches are failing, which are phenomenal community resources. But Copeland really stands out, along with the Liberty guy.

On 12/5/2022 at 9:44 PM, East Coast Aztec said:

I always found the megachurches in that light.  I remember when everyone mocked Creflo Dollar.  Now those types are celebrated while many local churches are failing, which are phenomenal community resources. But Copeland really stands out, along with the Liberty guy.

I agree 100%. Dollar was the guy who said he needed donations to buy a second private jet, IIRC. 

Those mega churches are by and large tax-free cash cows, and due to a lack of a reporting requirement, among other things, a lot of these dudes can be paid for “ministry work” while not paying a dime in taxes. 

Gives a bad name to the churches that want to legitimately help people, like you said. Lots could be done to fix it, but no one has the stomach to do it. 

On 12/6/2022 at 7:53 AM, GoDogs22 said:

Isn't this the guy who said he couldn't fly in commercial airlines because the people in coach are demons? Seems like quite a great human, and truly living up to Jesus' example

Jesus would always answer his critics with critical thinking questions to expand their minds and open their hearts, Copeland answers his critics with open hostility everywhere he goes. The reporter who confronted him at his airport had nerves of steel, he tried every intimidation tactic he could think of and she stood her ground.

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 12/6/2022 at 12:15 PM, GoDogs22 said:

It's interesting how you don't see the Televangelist version of rabbis and imams.  Something about evangelicals make them extra susceptible to grifters 

Bacon. Convince people they can’t eat pork and their bs detector goes up with whatever the next crazy thing you try to foist on them.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/6/2022 at 6:34 PM, bornontheblue said:

Mine as well include this here. Ladies and gentlemen Christian breakdancing. 

Wait till you get to 1:50 

Dude can dance. 

This is like the outcome of the Osmond Family mating with Televangelists.

Religion has been a mix entertainment and preaching the Gospel since the first Christians started handling snakes and speaking in tongues at the Pentacost. A millennium later, they onboarded Dantes Inferno and things really took off. 

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, IanforHeisman said:

Maybe I’m going to hell but I can’t be friends with anyone that goes to churches like these.. 

The majority of the people I know who attend or watch these kinds of church services are elderly. They fall into their traps, hook, line and sinker. My great grandmother was addicted to watching Joel Olsteen with the other old folks in their retirement home. We took away her checkbook because she was wanting to make monthly donations to him. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg