Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Official portal thread

On 12/27/2022 at 9:22 PM, UNLV2001 said:

C'mon he talks to some people I hear !! 

See !! Right here....hotline to the god cloud !!

And she's not even a college recruit !!! 

You didn't answer my question; you expect heaven on earth. Why? Who told you that this world was supposed to be without troubles and turmoil? How did that myth become part of your dogma?

On 12/27/2022 at 6:48 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Ol' GOD working her magic yet again to get this guy to the NFL !!!! 

Meanwhile 60+ people died because of the massive winter storm that GOD didn't have time to bother with because this guy's NFL career, top priority !!! 

Jesus Thumbs Up GIF by SoulPancake

We are eternal beings and we all die, some die in storms, I prefer to die in a head on collision with Semi truck, it would be fairly painless but a horrible mess for whoever shovels my remains off the highway.

God cares about our eternal well being.  this life is a blink of an eye for God. 

My son is severely handicapped and is having a major surgery that may or may not help him. He was in tears over his upcoming surgery. But he doesn’t curse God and he prays every night.  I have to lift him, dress him and bath him. Much of the time I have extreme back pain. My son can’t control his bowels, I have thrown up many time’s changing his diapers. He always apologizes to me. This is my life until I’m no longer able to physically care for him. Sometimes it is overwhelming but I hope for better life for my son in the next life. Gods plan for me has transformed a part of me into something greater.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

On 12/27/2022 at 10:55 PM, robe said:

We are eternal beings and we all die, some die in storms, I prefer to die in a head on collision with Semi truck, it would be fairly painless but a horrible mess for whoever shovels my remains off the highway.

God cares about our eternal well being.  this life is a blink of an eye for God. 

My son is severely handicapped and is having a major surgery that may or may not help him. He was in tears over his upcoming surgery. But he doesn’t curse God and he prays every night.  I have to lift him, dress him and bath him. Much of the time I have extreme back pain. My son can’t control his bowels, I have thrown up many time’s changing his diapers. He always apologizes to me. This is my life until I’m no longer able to physically care for him. Sometimes it is overwhelming but I hope for better life for my son in the next life. Gods plan for me has transformed a part of me into something greater.

God bless you man. You have a great attitude. The Bible specifically says the Satan is actually the ruleer of this earth. But so many God deniers blame a god that they don’t believe in because this world is not the world that they believe that the god they don’t believe in should have it be.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:40 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

You didn't answer my question; you expect heaven on earth. Why? Who told you that this world was supposed to be without troubles and turmoil? How did that myth become part of your dogma?

Heaven is a concept - earth, sky, Jupiter wherever one conceives it to be.........some consider heaven overlooks blue turf in a mid sized city in Idaho 

On 12/27/2022 at 7:55 PM, robe said:

the smiths 80s GIF

Driving in your car Oh, please don't drop me home Because it?s not my home, it?s their home And I'm welcome no more
And if a double-decker bus Crashes into us To die by your side Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten-ton truck Kills the both of us To die by your side Well, the pleasure, the privilege is mine

Morrissey sings your tune !!!!  

On 12/27/2022 at 8:09 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

God bless you man. You have a great attitude. The Bible specifically says the Satan is actually the ruleer of this earth. But so many God deniers blame a god that they don’t believe in because this world is not the world that they believe that the god they don’t believe in should have it be.

Didn't this "god" create everything from nothing? if that is the story, then god created the devil / satan --- God should fix his screw up and or get better quality control over his "creations" so they don't go rouge 

But then, without some dastardly fiend the sales job of scaring the masses has less impact 

Says in Genesis, that "in the beginning god created heaven & earth, etc. (no mention of any assistants !)........and here you tell me that some interloper shows up & claims gods creation right off the bat ?!?!

What the hell is that crap ?!?

On 12/27/2022 at 7:55 PM, robe said:

Terrible situation - Can't be easy 

On 12/27/2022 at 7:40 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

how did the myth of God become one of yours?

On 12/27/2022 at 11:05 PM, renoskier said:

how did the myth of God become one of yours?

I support any form of religion that makes people be better. Faith is great. Drawing strength from faith to want to be successful is fine for me. But thinking God is interested in controlling outcomes of sporting events seems silly. 

Who wrote the Bible? God or human interpretation of God? By nature, humans are greedy, self serving and will destroy each other for advantage.  Timeframe is moot. Thinking folks that wrote the Bible were exempt from what we are isn’t logical. 

I think humans have an unsatisfied appetite to want something more after death. 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:47 PM, UNLV2001 said:

Didn't this "god" create everything from nothing? if that is the story, then god created the devil / satan --- God should fix his screw up and or get better quality control over his "creations" so they don't go rouge 

But then, without some dastardly fiend the sales job of scaring the masses has less impact 

Says in Genesis, that "in the beginning god created heaven & earth, etc. (no mention of any assistants !)........and here you tell me that some interloper shows up & claims gods creation right off the bat ?!?!

What the hell is that crap ?!?

Let me get this straight.  God created something that isn't exactly what you want.  Therefore, God is either bad or just a myth?  Got it.

I do appreciate you straightening every one out regarding the actual facts of religion.  Thank you.  I think I'm clear now.

On 12/28/2022 at 9:55 AM, SparkysDad said:

Unless one of The Triumvirate is entering the transfer portal, I'm assuming this theological discussion belongs elsewhere. Not offended personally and no insults intended but these type of discussions on a sports-oriented message board usually end badly.

I initially thought the same thing but given how widely religion is used in our sports, including schools and teams that are religious schools and wear that religion as a badge of honor, I think there is relevance on this one. 

On 12/28/2022 at 10:09 AM, utenation said:

I initially thought the same thing but given how widely religion is used in our sports, including schools and teams that are religious schools and wear that religion as a badge of honor, I think there is relevance on this one. 

Respect your opinion, but it didn't feel like the thread was headed in that direction! 👹

On 12/28/2022 at 9:55 AM, SparkysDad said:

Unless one of The Triumvirate is entering the transfer portal, I'm assuming this theological discussion belongs elsewhere. Not offended personally and no insults intended but these type of discussions on a sports-oriented message board usually end badly.

Do you even MWCBoard ?

There is no portal news right now.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/27/2022 at 8:55 PM, robe said:

My respect for you has grown ten times after reading the above. Prayers that your sons surgery is successful and helps alleviate some of your load. 

As for the Aztecs, no news or minimal news is good news. 

Outside of Shawcroft retiring, (by-passed his Covid season) and Baskerville transferring, their portal has been quiet.

Jesse Matthews declared for the draft, which was expected.

The Portal will start heating up after the NY6 Bowls

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/28/2022 at 3:19 AM, Headbutt said:

Let me get this straight.  God created something that isn't exactly what you want.  Therefore, God is either bad or just a myth?  Got it.

I do appreciate you straightening every one out regarding the actual facts of religion.  Thank you.  I think I'm clear now.

You THINK some "god" created what you see - I had nothing to do with it since I wasn't around when the thing began :shrug: