Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

Official portal thread

On 12/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Looked and did not see one. If there is one, my apologies and mods, feel free to merge or delete this one. I will kick it off, one of our tight ends  Tyniel Hopper has just entered the portal. Very, very underutilized.

We had one of our best starting OL hit the portal. He’s a Norvell recruit with 2 years left. Wilson can’t talk to him until after the dead period to change his mind until tomorrow I think. I think he’s pissed that they replaced Coach Nady. 

kat.jpg

On 12/4/2022 at 2:26 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Looked and did not see one. If there is one, my apologies and mods, feel free to merge or delete this one. I will kick it off, one of our tight ends  Tyniel Hopper has just entered the portal. Very, very underutilized.

Nobody has hit the portal yet.  Many have stated their intentions, but it can't be actually entered until tomorrow.  It's going to blow up fast, and I suspect we'll see a lot of unexpected names from every team.  Sadly, about 70% of those kids will be making a huge mistake.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:40 PM, Headbutt said:

Nobody has hit the portal yet.  Many have stated their intentions, but it can't be actually entered until tomorrow.  It's going to blow up fast, and I suspect we'll see a lot of unexpected names from every team.  Sadly, about 70% of those kids will be making a huge mistake.

Semantics. There’s literally been dozens if not hundreds of tweets of players saying that they have entered the portal.

Aaron Frost entered the portal

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

On 12/4/2022 at 11:11 PM, bigd said:

That hurts…

While he was apparently our best OL, his name was called constantly on game day for offsides and holding two seasons ago (since he didn't play this season) and it was always at the worst possible times. I'm sure we'll miss his production, but will we miss his penalties? 

On 12/4/2022 at 10:04 PM, thespywhozaggedme said:

Semantics. There’s literally been dozens if not hundreds of tweets of players saying that they have entered the portal.

Yeah, I get that.  My point was just that we don't know the full impact of it yet.  The higher profile guys have either announced or got the word out.  I'm betting that there's tons of backups thinking they can play somewhere else that will enter without the fanfare.  So many of these kids are going to end up without a scholarship.  Deion Sanders when he announced to his team that he was going to CU cautioned them to stay out of the portal.  That they'd die in the portal.  I think we're going to see a lot of mistakes tomorrow.  It's been open for FCS for a little while.  A week ago there were over 600 FCS players in the portal.  Toss in the FBS contingent tomorrow and it's going to be a melee.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:24 PM, Headbutt said:

Deion Sanders when he announced to his team that he was going to CU cautioned them to stay out of the portal.

Then he got to CU and said many of the Buffs should go into the portal. And he had guys coming in to replace them. Pretty hypocritical as and I bet he brings a few guys with him to Boulder.

On 12/5/2022 at 12:24 AM, Headbutt said:

Yeah, I get that.  My point was just that we don't know the full impact of it yet.  The higher profile guys have either announced or got the word out.  I'm betting that there's tons of backups thinking they can play somewhere else that will enter without the fanfare.  So many of these kids are going to end up without a scholarship.  Deion Sanders when he announced to his team that he was going to CU cautioned them to stay out of the portal.  That they'd die in the portal.  I think we're going to see a lot of mistakes tomorrow.  It's been open for FCS for a little while.  A week ago there were over 600 FCS players in the portal.  Toss in the FBS contingent tomorrow and it's going to be a melee.

It’s a moot point anyway because it’s after midnight here on the East Coast and now the portal is live.

On 12/4/2022 at 10:30 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

Then he got to CU and said many of the Buffs should go into the portal. And he had guys coming in to replace them. Pretty hypocritical as and I bet he brings a few guys with him to Boulder.

Yes.  I caught that.  Snake oil.  Boulder is going to be fun to watch for a while.  He also never said "Go Buff's", or "I'm happy to be here", or any of the usual coach speak for "I can't wait to be a buff".  Just "they wouldn't take no for an answer" and "I'm comin'".  He picked the right place to hold a shit show, they're real good at it down there.

On 12/4/2022 at 9:30 PM, bsu_alum9 said:

His son is going with him

On 12/4/2022 at 9:23 PM, Slapdad said:

While he was apparently our best OL, his name was called constantly on game day for offsides and holding two seasons ago (since he didn't play this season) and it was always at the worst possible times. I'm sure we'll miss his production, but will we miss his penalties? 

Didn't he get a penalty THIS season and he was hurt all year? Did something on the sidelines like a cheap shot.