Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bsu_alum9

Bowl Announcements

I will swap with that.  Utah State in DFW much better than Louisiana - Lafayette in Shreveport.  Within the league itself we all know the Tulane is in the Cotton Bowl and highly well deserved.  We shall see re Cincy, UCF, SMU, and East Carolina confirmation style. 

SMU and BYU in the ABQ is a decent matchup. 

150px-Coat_of_arms_of_the_University_of_Houston_System.png

On 12/4/2022 at 1:46 PM, UofMTigers said:

I mean, we're 6-6 so we'll take what they give us but the Independence Bowl has a lot of good history

Good to see you folks again. Would love to even up that series 

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/utah-state/vs/memphis

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 12/4/2022 at 1:52 PM, Coog kev said:

I will swap with that.  Utah State in DFW much better than Louisiana - Lafayette in Shreveport.  Within the league itself we all know the Tulane is in the Cotton Bowl and highly well deserved.  We shall see re Cincy, UCF, SMU, and East Carolina confirmation style. 

SMU and BYU in the ABQ is a decent matchup. 

Take the SMoos and the points.

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

On 12/4/2022 at 12:39 PM, masterfrog said:

I was hoping San Jose State would get New Mexico State. 

Phucking Bowl Committees screwed the pooch in on that one.

Boise got screwed by drawing a 7-6 UNT. At least Boise will guaranteed a ten win season.

AFA and T&M would interesting in the Armed Forces Bowl.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, USU78 said:

Good to see you folks again. Would love to even up that series 

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/utah-state/vs/memphis

you guys probably will. we can't finish against a decent team. Memphis' wins are agaist:

Navy 4-7

Ark St 3-9

North Texas 7-6

Temple 3-9

Tulsa 5-7

UNA - FCS

22-38 combined record...yuck.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

On 12/4/2022 at 11:53 AM, SangerBulldog said:

no reason the MW cant go undefeated this bowl season. only questions marks I see is that Ohio is a good team, which Wyoming team is going to show up and can San Diego generate some offense. 

Worst MW I can remember.  Zero chance we run the table.  

Fresno draws Wazzu? I thought it was supposed to be the 5 th place Pac12 team. I thought maybe it would be UCLA. We had a better matchups when we played at Boyd Stadium in Vegas. Maybe since beat them 4 times in a row they declined.

On 12/4/2022 at 1:49 PM, smithy said:

Fresno draws Wazzu? I thought it was supposed to be the 5 th place Pac12 team. I thought maybe it would be UCLA. We had a better matchups when we played at Boyd Stadium in Vegas. Maybe since beat them 4 times in a row they declined.

USC losing messed things up. It pushed everyone in the P12 down in the bowl order 

Well UCLA ended up in the Sun Bowl in El Paso vs being close to home and have local support. So called big 10 school is going to play Pitt 8-4 who just won their last 4 games. I would love UCLA to get taken to the cleaners in that game.

Okay, let's slice it and dice it.  In no particular order, here we go:

• Air Force v. Baylor in DFW:  really hard to decipher.  50/50 and abstain.  Relatively solid abstain.  However.. gun to my head, Air Force in a nail-biter.  No wait, Baylor.  It's a toughie. 

• Fresno State v. Washington State in LA:  Fresno, lights out ish.  Fresno on its winning streak tear and all.

• Utah State v. Memphis in DFW:  a toughie to decide.  abstain, leaning Memphis.

• Boise v. North Texas in DFW:  likely Boise but a North Texas win will not surprise me.  Boise for the win. 

• San Jose v.  Eastern Michigan in Idaho:  Spartans.

• Wyoming v. Ohio in Arizona:  Wyoming.

• San Diego State v. Middling Tennessee in Hawai'i:  this could be a surprise game;  it depends on which one wants it more.  Middling Tennessee probably does.  Lightning strikes well in Hawai'i.

I'm glad NMSU got a bowl bid and I hope they win in that cavernous dome in Detroit. 👍

Air Force v. Baylor definitely has my game day attention live.  It is an excellent bowl matchup.  Props to those who put that one together.

Earlier predicts had AFA v. UTSA in DFW.  Another strong matchup.  However, Baylor v AFA is just as strong...and a tad bit more interesting.  No offense, wonderful UTSA this year. 

On 12/4/2022 at 3:54 PM, Spaztecs said:

Phucking Bowl Committees screwed the pooch in on that one.

Boise got screwed by drawing a 7-6 UNT. At least Boise will guaranteed a ten win season.

AFA and T&M would interesting in the Armed Forces Bowl.

North Texas has a good offense. We don’t fare well against teams that have one of those. And our head coach coaches not to lose instead of coaching to win so I would not be surprised if the mean green pull off the upset in their own backyard. We have not won a bowl game since 2017. This is not your fathers Boise State team.