Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bornontheblue

B10 Championship

On 12/3/2022 at 7:08 PM, bornontheblue said:

Man +++++ Nick Saban. Get that stupid MF off my TV. Go to the sugar bowl and get beat by  Kansas state and shut your cake hole. 

Came here to mention this. I’m sure people here know, but do they typically let coaches from schools come onto big games like this to make a pitch? I don’t recall Patterson being able to do that when they were left out because they didn’t have a conference championship game. So annoying. Get F’d Alabama.

I’d actually love to see a Utah Alabama rematch this year. It would be so sweet if Utah beat them again. I’d settle for KSU beating them too. Doubt any of that happens though. 

On 12/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

Came here to mention this. I’m sure people here know, but do they typically let coaches from schools come onto big games like this to make a pitch? I don’t recall Patterson being able to do that when they were left out because they didn’t have a conference championship game. So annoying. Get F’d Alabama.

It’s hilarious to me that conference title games became such a big deal because of that season and now two schools that would have gotten in otherwise are going to be left out because they played in conference title games. 

On 12/3/2022 at 7:28 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

It’s hilarious to me that conference title games became such a big deal because of that season and now two schools that would have gotten in otherwise are going to be left out because they played in conference title games. 

I feel like whatever makes it so the “big name” schools are in and the ratings are “better” is what matters most. I’d love it if there was one year before the expansion where no SEC team made it so we could hear about how they had multiple losses because they beat each other up. Blah blah blah. 

On 12/3/2022 at 11:46 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Michigan is the only team that deserves a shot at Georgia. I realize this is fantasy but I wish we could let the season play out and then decide how many teams deserve to be in the playoffs. 

I've said it for years. We don't need more teams in the playoffs. Most years those first round games are 10+ point spreads and are covered. What we need is a best out of three with the two best teams. Most years that would make for better ratings than seeing a team like Cincy that has no shot.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:08 PM, bornontheblue said:

Man +++++ Nick Saban. Get that stupid MF off my TV. Go to the sugar bowl and get beat by  Kansas state and shut your cake hole. 

On 12/3/2022 at 7:25 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

I’d actually love to see a Utah Alabama rematch this year. It would be so sweet if Utah beat them again. I’d settle for KSU beating them too. Doubt any of that happens though. 

I like how during the MWC Championship Game even the announcers were annoyed with Saban. They didn't believe that Alabama had a shot at getting in and if they did it would be because of playoff privilege for simply being Alabama. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 12/4/2022 at 5:09 AM, coalman29 said:

I've said it for years. We don't need more teams in the playoffs. Most years those first round games are 10+ point spreads and are covered. What we need is a best out of three with the two best teams. Most years that would make for better ratings than seeing a team like Cincy that has no shot.

I would prefer the CCG's mean something. Every Conference needs to Eliminate the Division system and pair their two best teams.  If you are in the CCG, you're in the playoff. You can't be replaced by a non-participant. Notre Dame should be forced to join a Conference or, if Indy and qualified, must play a game on the CCG weekend against the highest rated non-particpant.

It has gotten to the point that CCG's hurt participants and reward non-participants. That has to go.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/4/2022 at 4:09 AM, coalman29 said:

Why overcomplicate it? Just match Georgia and Michigan up in a bowl game. Other years when there are more than 2 teams that deserve a shot have a playoff. It’s all about $. The 12-team playoff is going to be an absolute cash cow. I’ll just miss the days when the entire season was a tournament. 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:28 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Good call, numbnuts.

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.