Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smithy

USC vs Utah Pac12 Championship

On 12/2/2022 at 11:38 PM, utenation said:

All month it was USC this, USC that. Heisman this, CFP that.  We went out and smacked these guys in the mouth. We caused several injuries. Never hoping for that but our brand is physical and toughness.  Riley is a cocky SOB that just got his ass kicked by an old school linebacker. 

He's also a stubborn SOB who sticks with an absolute mongoloid of a DC because he thinks his offensive genius and QB's are all that's needed to win.  Good luck with that working in the B1G (see: State, Ohio).

The Boys of Troy had the Utes by the throat..

Up two scores, recovering a fumble near the Red Zone, and they took their foot from the Utes throat.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/3/2022 at 10:00 AM, Spaztecs said:

Up two scores, recovering a fumble near the Red Zone, and they took their foot from the Utes throat.

USC was up more at halftime in the last game in October. Doesn’t matter. USC didn’t take their foot off our throat. We broke their foot and kicked them in the balls. 

90E41BC8-335E-42AE-B89F-FCBC970AE37F.jpeg

On 12/3/2022 at 9:00 AM, Spaztecs said:

Caleb Williams got hurt and that was it. They couldn’t protect him. They need a better OL if they’re going to beat a physical team like that next year 

On 12/3/2022 at 10:19 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Caleb Williams got hurt and that was it. They couldn’t protect him. They need a better OL if they’re going to beat a physical team like that next year 

The two teams USC struggled with are Oregon State and Utah. Both are blue collar smash mouth teams. 

Just wait until they go to the B10.  Riley has already proven finesse teams like OU with offense only get whipped on the big stage. 

He will need to smarten up after they leave the PAC. 

On 12/3/2022 at 10:22 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

01FA6BC2-33A8-4231-822D-4BC24DFB129D.jpeg

I'm surprised tOSU wasn't handing the U a pair of brass knuckles and some tire chains

Americans Mayor

On 12/3/2022 at 10:19 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

I thought it was game, set, and match after the turnover. The Ute defense pulled a rabbit out of their hats and $C folded like UNLV.

Americans Mayor

On 12/3/2022 at 9:25 AM, utenation said:

The two teams USC struggled with are Oregon State and Utah. Both are blue collar smash mouth teams. 

Just wait until they go to the B10.  Riley has already proven finesse teams like OU with offense only get whipped on the big stage. 

Hard to believe this lesson hasn’t been learned yet. 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:28 AM, Spaztecs said:

I thought it was game, set, and match after the turnover. The Ute defense pulled a rabbit out of their hats and $C folded like UNLV.

When it was 14-3 and usc elected to kick the field goal on 4th and goal i knew something was up. Next series they got for it on 4th and 8 at the +38 and I knew they were desperate to grow that lead. Next series the broadcast showed Caleb’s bloody hand and his limp and you could just feel Utahs defense revving up. 

On 12/3/2022 at 10:31 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Hard to believe this lesson hasn’t been learned yet. 

Riley likes to build Ferraris.  They sound great and look great until you realize they are always in the repair shop and the cost of parts is outrageous. This 2022 USC team was bought and paid for with deep pocket USC money. 

3CA0430E-B97A-4AEC-9F28-44C11C784EA4.jpeg

On 12/3/2022 at 11:54 AM, utenation said:

Riley likes to build Ferraris.  They sound great and look great until you realize they are always in the repair shop and the cost of parts is outrageous. This 2022 USC team was bought and paid for with deep pocket USC money. 

3CA0430E-B97A-4AEC-9F28-44C11C784EA4.jpeg

I would say that Riley did a great job this year. He turned around a team that had been floundering for several years and he likely coached the Heisman winner. I am sure he will get national coach of the year votes. Maybe only Alabama or Ohio State would consider this a disappointing first season. 

On 12/3/2022 at 11:06 AM, masterfrog said:

I would say that Riley did a great job this year. He turned around a team that had been floundering for several years and he likely coached the Heisman winner. I am sure he will get national coach of the year votes. Maybe only Alabama or Ohio State would consider this a disappointing first season. 

Nobody is doubting what you said. But the point is he’s a finesse coach, which fails more than not on the big stage. 

On 12/3/2022 at 12:25 PM, utenation said:

SC will lose 3-4 times every year in the B1G.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:25 AM, utenation said:

I think he will do better with a bit more time. He brought in a ton of offensive talent but still didn’t have the depth along the lines he needed. He did well for year one, but needs to recruit and fix a lot on defense. 
He will need to change the finesse thing on defense to do well consistently. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

On 12/3/2022 at 9:28 AM, Spaztecs said:

This made me laugh for sure. Although it also implies UNLV would have been able to even get a lead.