Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

FireKevinSumlin.com

On 12/2/2022 at 7:30 PM, RebelRobert said:

Hopefully you are correct. I can’t watch four years of Sumlin. I would, but I just can’t. It will be brutal.

UNLV Football All-Time Conference Football Record: 88-170

Kevin Sumlin All Time FBS Head Coaching Record: 95-63

What exactly is brutal to watch?

On 12/2/2022 at 6:05 PM, masterfrog said:

That is ancient history.  You are completely discounting the job he did with the Houston Gamblers.  Sure, his team had a seven game losing streak in the middle of the year, but they got hot and won their last two, including being the only team to post a win over the Birmingham Stallions.  You guys would be getting him while he is hot.

Now this here is fire.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:52 PM, OrediggerPoke said:

UNLV Football All-Time Conference Football Record: 88-170

Kevin Sumlin All Time FBS Head Coaching Record: 95-63

What exactly is brutal to watch?

Guess you missed his Arizona ending to his career.

Lost final 12 games at Arizona with the final one being a humiliating 70-7 to their rival. He was paid millions and quit on the team and university. His players hated him and the fan’s dissatisfaction was shown by their disappearing act at the stadium.

Sumlin should never coach college football again after that. Has no business working with student athletes and should return of his salary to Arizona for that abomination of three seasons.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:46 PM, Rebels18 said:

FUUUUUUÙUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

DAWG!

I can't believe they disappointed us for the 15th time!!

I knew it immediately when they fired Arroyo that it would go terribly wrong. Just look at the long and illustrious history of hires made by UNLV. Really didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. Arroyo certainly wasn't setting the world on fire but now it'll be rinse and repeat yet again.

Really hope they don't hire that loser Sumlin but if/ when they do or someone of his ilk it'll be laughably ironic.

Funniest thing will be that RR beat ph to starting a fire coach thread before the coach was even hired!!! 😂 

Untitled Jam 1 (1).png

On 12/2/2022 at 7:10 PM, VincentVegaBond said:

I knew it immediately when they fired Arroyo that it would go terribly wrong. Just look at the long and illustrious history of hires made by UNLV. Really didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out. Arroyo certainly wasn't setting the world on fire but now it'll be rinse and repeat yet again.

Really hope they don't hire that loser Sumlin but if/ when they do or someone of his ilk it'll be laughably ironic.

Funniest thing will be that RR beat ph to starting a fire coach thread before the coach was even hired!!! 😂 

@RebelRobertis right as usual!

On 12/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, Ishoot2thrill said:

So a step up from UNLV this year? Not too bad I imagine. 

Well, I think UNLV had over 20,000 at every game this year, and 25,000 against Reno. It looks like there are about 42 people in the stands in that photo, which is about how many will be at UNLV next year, lol.

On 12/3/2022 at 7:30 AM, ph90702 said:

This kind of 💩 pisses me off!  She forgot to mention that Kevin Sumlin was a DISASTER at Arizona!

Yeah that's pretty ridiculous. Has nothing to do with anything.  I do still think the Sumlin reports are bs anyway. 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:02 AM, rebelcuff said:

Yeah that's pretty ridiculous. Has nothing to do with anything.  I do still think the Sumlin reports are bs anyway. 

I hope so, but I read online that Erick Harper is pretty dead set on hiring a POC. I think Joe Arrigo said that.

On 12/3/2022 at 12:49 AM, 4UNLV said:

Well, I think UNLV had over 20,000 at every game this year, and 25,000 against Reno. It looks like there are about 42 people in the stands in that photo, which is about how many will be at UNLV next year, lol.

Haha yeah it’s hard to see what are people or stands for me. I have no clue what UNLV attendance has looked like. Hopefully, whatever momentum has been gained isn’t lost.

I don’t get the intense antipathy towards the prospect of Sumlin. He was pretty good at Houston, and they weren’t world beaters when he got there. He did okay at Texas A&M, but didn’t meet their insane expectations. I would think UNLV fans would be elated if he duplicated his results there. Arizona was definitely a disaster and his most recent work, so I can see some apprehension. Personally, I’d think he could spark some excitement in the fan base. Even with his failings he seems like a decent coach overall. Maybe he can make Brumfield a more reliable QB, or work with Bailey?

Sometimes I get frustrated with the board for dumping on UNLV fans but threads like these make me realize it’s likely justified lol. Not to all fans, but the the whole gang is here clowning it up in this thread haha.

Kind of surprised no one has been announced. I’m definitely expecting a let down but hoping for the best for you all. 

On 12/3/2022 at 5:16 AM, ph90702 said:

I hope so, but I read online that Erick Harper is pretty dead set on hiring a POC. I think Joe Arrigo said that.

That is pretty pathetic.   Way to limit your hiring pool, if true.  Need the best coach to build a program, not check a box to meet some self imposed diversity goal. 

I liked Sumlin until his time in Arizona.  He was awful there and he would likely be as bad at UNLV.

Bye Bye, Best of luck! !! May the MWC survive, and prosper

On 12/3/2022 at 8:41 AM, Cougar/Frog said:

I liked Sumlin until his time in Arizona.  He was awful there and he would likely be as bad at UNLV.

He was a very good OC at Oklahoma, good HC at Houston and Texas A&M, and then failed miserably at Arizona. I think most of his problem were coordinators and culture. I would take the 2020 season with a grain of salt. He brought in a HS coach OC and Boise DC Marcel Yates who had a lot of personal drama going on.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:59 AM, bsu_alum9 said:

He was a very good OC at Oklahoma, good HC at Houston and Texas A&M, and then failed miserably at Arizona. I think most of his problem were coordinators and culture. I would take the 2020 season with a grain of salt. He brought in a HS coach OC and Boise DC Marcel Yates who had a lot of personal drama going on.

Sumlin was fired at Texas A&M so he was not good there. As soon as Kliff Kingsbury left Sumlins side his records started to tank fast. Coincidence?

He lucked into a walk on QB at A&M after that he was dead in the water. Record got worse every year from 2011 to 2020 until someone finally had the balls to fire the bum. Look up Sumlin drunk video or Sumlin drunk tweets while doing your homework on him.