Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doggystyleu2

Attendance

On 12/1/2022 at 8:08 PM, doggystyleu2 said:

image.png.c25878c0a6abae6a2d9836fb23f72629.png

Nice. Love to see good numbers. Stanford is pathetic and WSU’s stadium is pretty small. Oregon State only has half a stadium available this year.  They had a good year. Would probably be 45K this year. 

But again, nice to see good numbers at Fresno. 

Well done despite an up and down season.

Btw, the SDSU numbers are over inflated.

AGAIN

There was a line buried in a UT article the other day about attendance.

29k was tix distributed.

They averaged 21k through the turnstiles.

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that San Diegans are not willing to overpay for a pedestrian product.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

I'm honestly quite surprised that our fanbase stayed consistent even through the Logan Fife experience and the loss to UConn. Normally whenever this team faces any kind of adversity, the fans are the first to bail and not show up to the next home game. The San Jose game kept the fans believing and the SDSU game showed that this team still had some magic left to make a run for the Championship. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

On 12/2/2022 at 2:56 AM, Spaztecs said:

Well done despite an up and down season.

Btw, the SDSU numbers are over inflated.

AGAIN

There was a line buried in a UT article the other day about attendance.

29k was tix distributed.

They averaged 21k through the turnstiles.

It's becoming more and more obvious to me that San Diegans are not willing to overpay for a pedestrian product.

I will bet you every number in that post is tix sold/distributed, not turnstile.  SDSU can get people to pay, but that product can't get them to attend.  And for the first half of the season, could you blame them?

On 12/2/2022 at 7:50 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

I will bet you every number in that post is tix sold/distributed, not turnstile. 

I’m pretty sure it is, but still speaks volumes to how each program fanbase views their programs. I went to the Friday game against Wyoming and it was pretty packed. I got to say I’m impressed with San Jose’s numbers considering they have half a stadium. 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:07 AM, SangerBulldog said:

I’m pretty sure it is, but still speaks volumes to how each program fanbase views their programs. I went to the Friday game against Wyoming and it was pretty packed. I got to say I’m impressed with San Jose’s numbers considering they have half a stadium. 

I think Fresno has a better consistency with fans, I won't argue.  More than a decade of run only offense has created zero fans, preceded by 20 years of bad football is not helping draw on new fans.  Add that to probably the worst home schedule you could ask for, and the week one debacle and the high prices in our upper decks, and it all led to a great stadium not being filled.  Can't do much about the schedule, but the athletic department has some things it can do to make it enticing to draw new fans.  Even then,  Fresno will be more consistent due to it being one of the bigger things to do in the region comparably.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:07 AM, SangerBulldog said:

You wouldn’t be impressed if you watched the games. Top deck was still completely empty and the end zones had very few people in them. 10k AT MOST in the stands. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 12/2/2022 at 8:26 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

I think Fresno has a better consistency with fans, I won't argue.  More than a decade of run only offense has created zero fans, preceded by 20 years of bad football is not helping draw on new fans.  Add that to probably the worst home schedule you could ask for, and the week one debacle and the high prices in our upper decks, and it all led to a great stadium not being filled.  Can't do much about the schedule, but the athletic department has some things it can do to make it enticing to draw new fans.  Even then,  Fresno will be more consistent due to it being one of the bigger things to do in the region comparably.

Fresno had a lot of BOGO deals this year. Lots of ticket “specials” all year. More than I’ve ever seen in all my years following Fresno State football. Brought in D. Adams and Derek Carr to sell out a game after the UConn loss. Marketing team did a great job.

SDSU likely needs to revisit the prices because what they did this year didn’t work. If I had to pay $200/ticket, plus high priced parking and concessions for a Fresno game, I’d think twice about going too. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 12/2/2022 at 8:38 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

Fresno had a lot of BOGO deals this year. Lots of “specials” all year. More than I’ve ever seen in all my years following Fresno State football. Brought in D. Adams and Derek Carr to sell out a game after the UConn loss. Marketing team did a great job.

SDSU likely needs to revisit the prices because what they did this year didn’t work. If I had to pay $200/ticket, plus high priced parking and concessions for a Fresno game, I’d think twice about going too. 

When they finally adjusted prices, people who bought season tix bitched.  Some would rather have empty seats than full seats.  Ticketmasters seating view showed exactly where the overcharging was.  No one is paying USC prices for a similar view for MWC games, it wasn't realistic to begin with.  SDSU needs to spend the off-season prioritizing both on-field and off-field ways to get bodies in the gates, and get the bodies in the gates into their seats.  Lower prices and a better offense is the easiest route.  Give SDSU fans something to be excited about and they will be there.  Unfortunately, that is the way it is for us right now, we don't have the fanbase to fill the stands regardless of record yet.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:26 AM, East Coast Aztec said:

Fresno will be more consistent due to it being one of the bigger things to do in the region comparably.

Living in California all my life and traveling across the state I can honestly agree with you on that, Fresno always feels to me as a Midwest city in California. Very blue collar town that supports their college team. 

On 12/2/2022 at 8:30 AM, TheTedfordTrain said:

You wouldn’t be impressed if you watched the games. Top deck was still completely empty and the end zones had very few people in them. 10k AT MOST in the stands. 

Yeah I didn’t watch any SJ games the whole season. Just going off the numbers 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:27 AM, SangerBulldog said:

Living in California all my life and traveling across the state I can honestly agree with you on that, Fresno always feels to me as a Midwest city in California. Very blue collar town that supports their college team. 

East Coast Aztec has no clue

On 12/2/2022 at 10:57 AM, Nevada Convert said:

ATTENDANCE COMPARISONS WITH OTHER SCHOOLS IS COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS, AND YOU KNOW WHY. 

I'll bite,

Why ?

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor