Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AZdogFan

CFP Officially Expanding

On 12/2/2022 at 1:00 PM, AztecSU said:

This makes the most sense. Win and you're in but it doesn't determine seeding. So we will get the top 6 champions and the top 6 ranked who weren't champions. Seems straightforward actually. IOW, G5 champ will likely always be the lowest seed outside rare exceptions. 

sorry I should have clarified a bit better, but fwiw, Top 4 conference champs still get their byes/top 4 seeds, the rest of the seeds 5-12 are up for grabs between the non-top 4 champs and the ones that got in as an at-large. So even if somehow all 6 of the Conference Champs in a very weird year are ranked behind the schools with at-large bids, the top 4 ranked conference champs still get the 1st round bye and top seeds #1-4, at-large gets the seeds #5-10, and the last 2 champs get #11 and #12.

The field will comprise the selection committee's six highest-ranked conference champions and its next six highest-ranked teams. The four highest-ranked conference champions will earn the top seeds and a first-round bye. The other eight teams will play in the first round, with the higher seeds hosting the lower seeds on campus or at another site of their choice.

On 12/1/2022 at 3:17 PM, mugtang said:

It's laughable you include Nevada on this list.  Since 2012 here are the number of times each team has been bowl eligible:

Boise State    11
San Diego State    11
Air Force    8
Utah State    8
Nevada    7
Fresno State    7
Colorado State    5
Wyoming    5
Hawaii    4
San Jose State    4
New Mexico    2
UNLV    1

Fresno is really feast or famine aren’t we.   Conference Championship or not bowl eligible seems to be our pattern. 

On 12/2/2022 at 3:00 PM, AztecSU said:

This makes the most sense. Win and you're in but it doesn't determine seeding. So we will get the top 6 champions and the top 6 ranked who weren't champions. Seems straightforward actually. IOW, G5 champ will likely always be the lowest seed outside rare exceptions. 

They may or may not.  Given the PAC losing USC it’s very possible the MWC could be higher than the PAC champ at 5.   

the good thing with 12 is we don’t play Georgia right out of the gate each year.  12 gives us a chance to prove our worth. 

On 12/2/2022 at 3:28 PM, sactowndog said:

They may or may not.  Given the PAC losing USC it’s very possible the MWC could be higher than the PAC champ at 5.   

the good thing with 12 is we don’t play Georgia right out of the gate each year.  12 gives us a chance to prove our worth. 

Like I said, outside rare exceptions. That said, I don't think the MW champ has come close to the PAC12 Champ in the rankings since the last round of realignment. They would need to lose two of UO/UW/UU for the MW to have a real chance imo.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:38 AM, RSF said:

NO conference champion is automatically in.  So quit yer bitchin.

Pretty sure it's 6 highest ranked conference Champs.  We might not always be in that category. 

New-Signature.jpg

On 12/1/2022 at 11:28 AM, slappy said:

I know there are a lot of options.  I think financially Reno and Hawaii are looking for a way to drop down.   They are in the worst shape financially in the league.  And they cant really compete here.  CSU is embarrassing to the entire conference.  Not only are they poor on the field, they are worse as people and a community.  Easy choices in my opinion. We would be so much better off

Lol, you must of got the welfare check this year. Only way you can afford travel to Hawaii. Wyoming is the biggest MWC leech. 

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

On 12/1/2022 at 2:07 PM, wolfan said:

Geeez, 1 bad year & we're lumped in with the perennials.

No kidding! Considering Wyoming a nearly identical record as CSU and Nevada since 2012, @slappy might want to reconsider who is and isn't the bottom feeders of the MWC. 

I know the MW is down this year but if all teams were to improve their SOS in the preseason, the ranking people would have to consider it a factor vs the AAC or the other G5s with cupcake schedules. 

On 12/2/2022 at 3:21 PM, sactowndog said:

Fresno is really feast or famine aren’t we.   Conference Championship or not bowl eligible seems to be our pattern. 

Well if we didn't have a corrupt administration and past lawsuits we would have a better outcome. 

On 12/2/2022 at 3:40 PM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Am I understanding the new format correctly that the highest tournament seed notre Dame could get is 5? If the top 4 conferences winners get a bye, then couldn’t notre dame finish 12-0 and #1 in the rankings and still have to play the first round?

I would think the Committee would rank them appropriately. The issue they face as an Indy is no CCG which could cause them to drop a spot or two in the final seeding.

Maybe the CFP could pair them against the strongest non-CCG participant, which would help both Schools, during CCG week.

"We don't have evidence but, we have lot's of theories."

Americans Mayor

On 12/3/2022 at 10:27 AM, SparkysDad said:

With the AAC losing their bell cows, this format would make it attractive to the top MWC and top remaining AAC teams to "have a chat" and basically guarantee inclusion of it's "new conference" champion!

The most important question would be what airport would they meet at? Hahaha

Big 12 Championship was a great game. I wanted TCU to win, but kudos to the Wildcats! 👊 I hope TCU still gets in the playoffs. I think they will having beaten K-State earlier in the season. The 12-1 Frogs deserve it.

Submit Matt Groening GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text