Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Access Bowl Spot worth $5 Million to a MW team.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/07/16/college-football-playoff-financial-revenues-money-distribution-bill-hancock/12734897/?AID=10709313&PID=6146927&SID=19znu9zzttxuc

Some addition info and the amounts for the Access bowl and Playoff spot that is separate from the other revenue the P5 and G5 getting.

With the conference splitting 50/50 with the MW team making the Access Bowl spot, a MW team will get $5 million.  ($4 million to the conference from CFP and $6 million to the conference from the G5 performance distribution for the Access spot)

For BYU: They split 922 k with Army and Navy taking a split each gets 307k.  They can get the $4 million or $6 million if they make the Access Bowl or Playoff spot.

I'm sure it'll be the same when Navy joins the AAC next year and BYU and Army will split $614K.

ND: gets 2.3 million. 

Geez, that's probably close to what it will cost to buy the tickets and travel there with hotel, charter, and all that other crap.

Being that this is the first year, the payouts are scheduled to increase over the 12 years. So by the end it could be upwards of $7 million or more for a MW team representing.

Guest #1Stunner

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/07/16/college-football-playoff-financial-revenues-money-distribution-bill-hancock/12734897/?AID=10709313&PID=6146927&SID=19znu9zzttxuc

Some addition info and the amounts for the Access bowl and Playoff spot that is separate from the other revenue the P5 and G5 getting.

With the conference splitting 50/50 with the MW team making the Access Bowl spot, a MW team will get $5 million.  ($4 million to the conference from CFP and $6 million to the conference from the G5 performance distribution for the Access spot)

For BYU: They split 922 k with Army and Navy taking a split each gets 307k.  They can get the $4 million or $6 million if they make the Access Bowl or Playoff spot.

I'm sure it'll be the same when Navy joins the AAC next year and BYU and Army will split $614K.

ND: gets 2.3 million. 

Not a bad chunk of change.  

But really, even $4-5M is kind of a tiny sum these days.

I wonder if there will be a race to "dumb down" the schedule, if all it really comes down to is going undefeated.  I think CUSA and MAC schools are going to be annoying in this regard.

I wonder if there will be a race to "dumb down" the schedule, if all it really comes down to is going undefeated.  I think CUSA and MAC schools are going to be annoying in this regard.

If that's their best chance to make it, I think you'll see it.  You hope the committee sees it for what it is, but if you have a few unbeaten teams at some point you have to choose one.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest #1Stunner

If that's their best chance to make it, I think you'll see it.  You hope the committee sees it for what it is, but if you have a few unbeaten teams at some point you have to choose one.

If ESPN has a TV contract with the MAC or CUSA, then they will hype up an undefated MAC or CUSA school.  They want them to be like Boise State 10 years ago....

ESPN really hyped up Northern Illinois.

I think there will be still a quality of schedule in place for the G5 spots.  I'm sure they'll be able to weight a 11-1 or 10-2 MW/AAC team vs CUSA and MaC schools.   Will come down to how competitive against P5 schools on schedule and the head to head G5 conference matches in OOC.

If ESPN has a TV contract with the MAC or CUSA, then they will hype up an undefated MAC or CUSA school.  They want them to be like Boise State 10 years ago....

ESPN really hyped up Northern Illinois.

Got to remember that ESPN has nothing to do with the committee that will be placing teams.  They will publish their first poll in late October.  EVERYTHING that has been published has said that the polling and subsequent poll placements will be based on most deserving coming from quality of schedule, quality of wins, and quality of losses.

It is entirely possible for a 10-2 G5 team to make a spot over an undefeated team that played nothing but cupcakes.  Conferences are all about the middle and lower tier teams.  It's the reason why the AAC is viewed by most "experts" as a better conference.  Their bottom is perceived to be better than our bottom (pun not intended).  CUSA, MAC, and Sunbelt have a ways to go or a it will take a truly magnificent season to sniff an Access Bowl.

We can all forget about the Playoff as long as they remain at 4 teams.

I see a baseline amount of 15 mil to the conference (with or without a MWC team chosen) based on 75/5...plus up 3.6 mil for conference (300K per school) based on APR minimums...plus 4 million for a team chosen for the new non-playoff bowl (which I know is split 50/50 w/ conf)...

So...15 million to conference  = 1.25 per team....+ 2 mil more for any chosen MWC team (based on 50% take)....+ up to 300K for APR minimums for a max (year one) baseline payout for any chosen team as 3.55 mil.

Without a team in "big" non-playoff bowl ...projected baseline payout in year-one per team is 1.25m, with an additional max of 3.6 mil (300K per team) if everyone hits bowl eligible APR numbers...so up to 1.55m per...add 167K to total if we get a team chosen, but your team isn't the one.

Anyway...that's my on the fly math....correct me someone (please) if I whiffed.     

I'm not seeing 5 mil to a chosen MWC team...what am I missing?

I see a baseline amount of 15 mil to the conference (with or without a MWC team chosen) based on 75/5...plus up 3.6 mil for conference (300K per school) based on APR minimums...plus 4 million for a team chosen for the new non-playoff bowl (which I know is split 50/50 w/ conf)...

So...15 million to conference  = 1.25 per team....+ 2 mil more for any chosen MWC team (based on 50% take)....+ up to 300K for APR minimums for a max (year one) baseline payout for any chosen team as 3.55 mil.

Without a team in "big" non-playoff bowl ...projected baseline payout in year-one per team is 1.25m, with an additional max of 3.6 mil (300K per team) if everyone hits bowl eligible APR numbers...so up to 1.55m per...add 167K to total if we get a team chosen, but your team isn't the one.

Anyway...that's my on the fly math....correct me someone (please) if I whiffed.     

1.  $5 million comes from the 50/50 split the conference shares with the MW that goes to the Access Bowl.   Per the G5 distribution formula.  $6 million is set a side for the conference that goes to the Access Bowl.  In addition, the CFP give $4 million to conference that has a team in the Access Bowl (this is separate from the G5 cut). That give $10 million total and 50% go to the MW team.

2.  The $15 million per conference is the base ($75 million is given to the G5).  However, rather than splitting up the money equally between all conferences, a distribution formula was created to give the best conference more of a cut with the conference going to the Access Bowl a bonus. 

The G5 decided to cap the base distribution at $12 million/per conference. (so that conferences will be penalize for expanding past 12 teams).  The rest of the money is distributed via a formula give the conference ranked #1 more than the conference ranked #4 (just as in the BCS) with a bonus left over for the conference who place their team in the Access Bowl.

Note: It was estimated that it should average $86 million for the G5.  So while the $75 million is for 2014 (based on the % the G5 get), the amount gets bigger each year for the next 12 years.  (The percentage remains the same which is around 25%).

1.  $5 million comes from the 50/50 split the conference shares with the MW that goes to the Access Bowl.   Per the G5 distribution formula.  $6 million is set a side for the conference that goes to the Access Bowl.  In addition, the CFP give $4 million to conference that has a team in the Access Bowl (this is separate from the G5 cut). That give $10 million total and 50% go to the MW team.

2.  The $15 million per conference is the base ($75 million is given to the G5).  However, rather than splitting up the money equally between all conferences, a distribution formula was created to give the best conference more of a cut with the conference going to the Access Bowl a bonus. 

The G5 decided to cap the base distribution at $12 million/per conference. (so that conferences will be penalize for expanding past 12 teams).  The rest of the money is distributed via a formula give the conference ranked #1 more than the conference ranked #4 (just as in the BCS) with a bonus left over for the conference who place their team in the Access Bowl.

Note: It was estimated that it should average $86 million for the G5.  So while the $75 million is for 2014 (based on the % the G5 get), the amount gets bigger each year for the next 12 years.  (The percentage remains the same which is around 25%).

What your writing makes more sense as the numbers written about in the article seemed low...and apparently that's because it was only addressing one portion of the payout.  Makes more sense now....and I also remember reading about a sliding scale on the distribution issue, but wasn't sure how it was ultimately sorted....overall, I just mistook the article as a total payout...but did realize the numbers seemed low to be a total for the participation in games.   

After the P5 split to form Division IV this blackmail money will cease to exist. The G 5 will be lucky to collect 5 million over a decade.

Now badmouth the city you're currently performing in. (wrestling heel agenda)

Alan Tudyk Dancing GIF by DOOM PATROL