Photo

Devonte Adams to the NFL

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 LoFasZz

LoFasZz

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Didn't see this posted, but this is obviously a huge loss for Fresno.

No Carr or Adams and an awful run game...Could be a long year for Fresno next year

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/12/Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

#2 No_dogs_down

No_dogs_down

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:05 PM

Big loss, but we'll still compete.

#3 CPslograd

CPslograd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,980 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

No Carr or Adams and an awful run game...Could be a long year for Fresno next year

And Colorado State breaking in almost an entirely new O-line.  Rams could take a step back next year.

Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our azzes kicked.

#4 Dogs4Me

Dogs4Me

Just another FS fan.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,770 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

Step aside everyone, I've got this...

Ajayi > Bibbs

{walks away humming "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta"}
Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said: Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game. mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said: Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

#5 AyeRock559

AyeRock559

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:14 PM

QB is the big loss obviously, but we should still be in the top echelon of receiving corps in the MW next year.

As for our run game, as long as Waller improves GREATLY on his catching game, we should be ok. I still see us competing for the West though

9249867.jpeg

#6 LoFasZz

LoFasZz

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:28 PM

And Colorado State breaking in almost an entirely new O-line.  Rams could take a step back next year.

Yeah, 3 OL back with a ton of PT/experience and we're adding JuCo's. OL recruiting has been good. I'd be a lot more concerned about it if we lost anyone else on O...Return Grayson, all our RBs and all our WRs...Most skilled position players I've seen at CSU in possibly 10 years

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/12/Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

#7 Ishoot2thrill

Ishoot2thrill

Lurking Message Boards

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Yeah, 3 OL back with a ton of PT/experience and we're adding JuCo's. OL recruiting has been good. I'd be a lot more concerned about it if we lost anyone else on O...Return Grayson, all our RBs and all our WRs...Most skilled position players I've seen at CSU in possibly 10 years

Most you seen since you were 9? Cool.

#8 godogsgo

godogsgo

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Even though 'Te was a freak and his early NFL career no surprise, WR is pretty deep for FS.  OL, RB, and QB are the big question marks next year.

#9 Wolfcrunch

Wolfcrunch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Wont hurt to bad, the West D is Swiss cheese...

#10 WACkyGuy

WACkyGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

Although the losses are big...the QB loss wont be as drastic as it seems

Losing Carr sucks....but it will also allow the coaches to run "the" offense. Carr was sooooo good, we havent seen Deruyter and Schramm actually implement the kind of offense they want

Could be horrible.....could be great, but it will be telling

#11 IanforHeisman

IanforHeisman

Poohba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,638 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

He'd be a fool not to leave.. He was a great college player.
FRESNO STATE 41
BOISE STATE 40

#12 Fort Fun

Fort Fun

Lets Go Ramin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

How do CSU's losses on the offensive line add to Fresno State's "long year"?

#13 tommypm

tommypm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:24 PM

Anyone who didn't see this coming wasn't watching. The 'dogs were a 2 year stepping stone for him. Happy we had him that long.

#14 Rebels18

Rebels18

Theus18

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

How deep is the WR field in this draft?

Dave Rice Era: Year 1: Underachieves Year 2: Underachieves Year 3: Underachieves Dave Rice is Given a Contract Extension:

#15 av-rated

av-rated

The Bulldog Shiznit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

How do CSU's losses on the offensive line add to Fresno State's "long year"?

The same way LoFa adds to the board. Pretty straightforward.

#16 av-rated

av-rated

The Bulldog Shiznit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,300 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

He'd be a fool not to leave.. He was a great college player.

His jumping is a no brainer.

#17 godogsgo

godogsgo

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:33 AM

Losing Carr sucks....but it will also allow the coaches to run "the" offense. Carr was sooooo good, we havent seen Deruyter and Schramm actually implement the kind of offense they want

I'll be interested to see what it looks like with Schramm actually making the calls.  I know i'm in the minority, but I think it was a mistake to let Carr handle it.  He may have been light years ahead of his peers in that regard, but he was still a young kid with the ego to match.  You could see it in the often-costly gambles that were made throughout the season.  To me, its a knock on CTD and Shramm's coaching that they did not reign DC2 in more.  There was more at stake than trying to satisfy DC2's ego.  

#18 NevadaFan

NevadaFan

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:53 AM

Most you seen since you were 9? Cool.

Zinggggg!

#19 BoSalecta

BoSalecta

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Carr was miserable versus USC facing an NFL type rush for the first and only time ever.  This will cost him come the NFL draft.

27z9ht5.png

#20 NevadaFan

NevadaFan

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:05 AM

Carr was miserable versus USC facing an NFL type rush for the first and only time ever.  This will cost him come the NFL draft.

USC was better than Fresno at almost every position across the line. That's not Carr's fault.

#21 TheDoggFather

TheDoggFather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:08 AM

Nope...won't effect his draft stock at all. He's got 2 years of nice film, and all the measurables NFL teams look for. Plenty of non-BCS QB's have gone on to do quite well in the NFL.

#22 WACkyGuy

WACkyGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:16 AM

Not really. 

#23 steveem

steveem

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

Muema will be gone at SDSU,even though he may not even get drafted,or at best late rounds. All the safety's graduate.Not that the safety's could pass defend,but great against the run.. I gtot a feeling that in both the Mountain and Western Division top three teams will have two losses in conference and figure out who ends up in the the championship game will be determined by chaos theory.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

#24 k5james

k5james

KYJames AKA Pompous SDSU Fan AKA Your Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,331 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

Muema will be gone at SDSU,even though he may not even get drafted,or at best late rounds. All the safety's graduate.Not that the safety's could pass defend,but great against the run.. I gtot a feeling that in both the Mountain and Western Division top three teams will have two losses in conference and figure out who ends up in the the championship game will be determined by chaos theory.

This is SDSU, finding a RB won't be a problem.  One of the young guys will step up to share the workload with Pump.

#25 IanforHeisman

IanforHeisman

Poohba

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,638 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

Lawrence is pondering staying at Boise.. 2nd round grade by advisory board. He should go IMO.
FRESNO STATE 41
BOISE STATE 40