Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

According to a Wichita State poster, there has been contact with the MWC...

Guest Cowboy Junky

This is a long thread, worth the read. According to one of their guys, there has been contact between the MWC and Wichita. I wont read a lot into it, but it shows that our presidents haven't ruled out a basketball/olympic sports invite to offset Hawaii's football only.

MWC talk starts on page eight.

http://shockernet.net/forum/showthread.php?14382-Realignment-and-Wichita-State-Best-Possible-Outcome

I think like Craig Thompson said on CBS radio, the Mountain West will have all members East of Denver.

New Mexico's AD wants a school in Texas...hmmm I wonder which one? UTEP. Plus, someone posted a week ago that the MW will need votes to distribute the Revenue once 2014 playoff happens...if the Big East thinks it should get the most, we'll need to outvote them or form a coalition. If the Mountain West thinks it should get the most, it needs to have 14 schools at least. I think that's why Conference USA prematurely added all these FCS teams Charlotte, Old Dominion, UTSA, etc to go to 14. They watered down like crazy, but have necessary votes. CUSA plus the Sun Belt 10 is 24, the Big East has 10, the MWC has 14, the MAC has 12 once UMass drops back down to FCS. such craziness. Idaho will probably follow UMass just so it's not the first school to join FBS and then drop back down lol

Cowboy altitude says BYU has a full schedule for 2013 it just can't cancel, but in 2014 when BYU has more flexibility, they will re-join the MWC and UTEP will be invited to stay at 14.

http://www.cowboyaltitude.com/2013/1/5/3840754/predictions-on-mountain-west-expansion

C-USA in 2014 is gonna look crappy, but at least UTEP won't be on an island, and Texas State will replace them, following their 2 team travel partner precedent with FAU and FIU. UTSA and Texas State works, unfortunately CUSA never invited NMSU to go with UTEP, which is why they wiill lose UTEP to the Mountain West because the MW is more desirable with UNM and the rest.

NMSU will have an indy season in 2013, but will join the Sun Belt in 2014 to replace Texas State, and because it will

give the Sun Belt an FBS member, not a transitioning member like Texas State whom it will lost, or additions Georgia State, South Alabama, Appalachian State, Georgia Southern

The playoff is here and I can hardly believe this day has come. Now when will the playoff expand to 8 teams? 2016 please come true.

Guest Cowboy Junky

The reason I mention this is because it sounds like we're exploring certain basketball/baseball schools to offset Hawaii. Wichita State is perfect if we decide to add UTSA, because all UTSA offers is a market and a recruiting territory.

Obviously, Wichita State isn't number one on the expansion list. They are a great option with UTSA if we don't get any of the other Texas schools to jump.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Is that poster aware that you don't actually work for the MWC Junky? ;)

Their guys have the ear of Tracy Ringolsby, and he knows what's going on with MWC expansion. I introduced the idea to their board a couple of years ago and they ran with it.