Photo

USU at CSU

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#1 USUonU

USUonU

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Ok rams ill admit i don't know much about your team. Who are your best players on offense and defense? What are your teams strength's and weaknesses?

#2 son of a gun

son of a gun

Anti-BCS Ambassador

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,068 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:46 AM

Ok rams ill admit i don't know much about your team. Who are your best players on offense and defense? What are your teams strength's and weaknesses?

The beat the Fluffaloes. At this point though, that's like saying you beat up someone without arms or legs, mute, deaf, and blind. Granted, Pokes have been lousy too, but still.

Answer your question?
Posted Image

#3 USUonU

USUonU

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:56 AM

Not really but i appreciate the effort.

#4 k5james

k5james

KYJames AKA Pompous SDSU Fan AKA Your Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

I will laugh on into the night if CSU beats USU.

#5 Mano

Mano

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:00 AM

USU should destroy the Rams, but they should have destroyed them last year as well. I hope the players come prepared to play, and take care of business after the dissapointing loss this week.

tumblr_medqlwqAEh1qg059oo1_400.jpg

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."

#6 UNLV2001

UNLV2001

King of the World poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

Think USU rolls CSU.............CSU is not good (neither is UNLV)

#7 PackAlum97

PackAlum97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:05 AM

USU should win this game, if they don't suffer from a hangover of that tough loss @ Wisky,

#8 USUonU

USUonU

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

We should win but we have had a tendency to play to our level of competition. I hope we can fix that this year but we haven't proven anything yet.

#9 crixus

crixus

BYU sucks!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:07 AM

Right now I think Utah State is probably better than SJSU. And we beat CSU, so you should too. Go Aggies! :)
*SAN JOSE STATE HAS USED THE SPARTANS NAME SINCE 1925, WHILE MICHIGAN STATE ADOPTED IT THE FOLLOWING YEAR*

#10 FULL_MONTY

FULL_MONTY

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:09 AM

Pulling for the lambs.

#11 SJMDog

SJMDog

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:10 AM

On paper, should be an USU win. But getting over a loss like the Wisconsin game could take a while. And USU always seems to lose a couple it shouldn't under Andersen. He and Pat Hill must have the same genetic make up.

#12 cosinama

cosinama

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

I will laugh if the lil assies barely escape with a home win against North Dakota.....oh wait......ha..ha...ha..ha.

#13 Laconian

Laconian

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:33 AM

Good for you. I'm glad you'll still be able to find humor in football after your Aztecs get rolled that night. Way to keep things in perspective.

#14 k5james

k5james

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

I will laugh if the lil assies barely escape with a home win against North Dakota.....oh wait......ha..ha...ha..ha.

I knew you guys were moral victory champs but moral losses now too? :lol:

#15 k5james

k5james

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:35 AM

Good for you. I'm glad you'll still be able to find humor in football after your Aztecs get rolled that night. Way to keep things in perspective.

:lol: at us getting rolled by SJSU.

#16 Rev McQuervo

Rev McQuervo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:36 AM

Man, you can tell its towards the end of the month for Laconian and her sister cosi-naynay. :rolleyes:

#17 Scooter

Scooter

Colorado State - 3 time MWC football champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

On defense LB Shaquille Barrett is already an early NFL draft pick and on O I'd say RB Nwoke if healthy can be very dangerous. We suck at pass coverage and giving up 3rd downs. Offensively our WR's are pretty much garbage. TE's are descent.

I expect USU to win this game rather easily but I thought that last year and we somehow won.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Opening September 2016!!

#18 USUonU

USUonU

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:34 AM

On defense LB Shaquille Barrett is already an early NFL draft pick and on O I'd say RB Nwoke if healthy can be very dangerous. We suck at pass coverage and giving up 3rd downs. Offensively our WR's are pretty much garbage. TE's are descent.

I expect USU to win this game rather easily but I thought that last year and we somehow won.

Hows your D-Line? Good against the pass or run?

#19 robe

robe

Mormon Boy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,482 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:47 AM

it will be closer than many think. But USU size, speed and talent will be too much for CSU at the end.

Once again the MWC is riding BYU's coattails.  What would this conference do without BYU's late season games?

#20 SpartaRick

SpartaRick

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:58 AM

USU should win rather handily. However, watch the CSU quarterback. He has a rocket for an arm and a very quick release. Tough player. He just needs consistency.

#21 LoFasZz

LoFasZz

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:23 PM

CSU gets our best player back this week. RB Chris Nwoke.

The games vs NDSU/SJSU would have been a LOT closer if we had him seeing as how our offense revolves him and the power run game
http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/12/Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

#22 bbing

bbing

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Right now I think Utah State is probably better than SJSU. And we beat CSU, so you should too. Go Aggies! :)

I don't know if that's true. I actually think SJSU might be slightly better than USU based on your performance against Stanford. Regardless, while i'm pulling for a CSU win I feel that USU will have the edge this week.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/justinvallely/3611391569/in/faves-75968891@N00/lightbox/

#23 Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer

War Beaver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,299 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

I think USU will win big. 3 scores.
Posted Image

#24 CAM THE RAM

CAM THE RAM

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

I don't know how CSU wins, unless Grayson plays out of his mind. Rams need to win the tunrover battle, special teams and have less penalties to stick around for this one.
It's only a matter of time....

#25 jimjam

jimjam

CSU on-campus stadium supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

Hows your D-Line? Good against the pass or run?

Well against NDSU and SJSU we struggled against both. Against CU we dominated them pass and run. I'll be curious what happens this weekend cause McElwain is saying the team is improving and so-forth. I expect USU to win this one but if CSU catches a few breaks like last year it could be interesting. Ag day usually brings decent (not great) crouds too. I expect around 24,000 or so.