Photo

San Jose State at San Diego State

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
180 replies to this topic

#26 sdsuphilip1

sdsuphilip1

King of the World poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,503 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:11 AM

SDSU has the much better team, and the defense will actually show up this week, easy win by 3 scores.

#27 ziggy29

ziggy29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

SDSU has the much better team, and the defense will actually show up this week, easy win by 3 scores.

Not sure how you can say a team that beats an FCS team 49-41 at home is "much better" than a team who lost 20-17 on the road (admittedly only 20 miles "up the road") to a highly ranked Pac-12 opponent that just beat U$C.

I'm not claiming SJSU is the better team; I like this matchup a lot and I see it as pretty even. I just see no evidence for your "much better" claim. I think it will be a lot of fun.

#28 RaisinsofWrath

RaisinsofWrath

Life is to short to read lousy books - Dirt Sorcerer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,433 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:26 AM

Spartoons over Asstics.... better coached... better motivated....
Dirt Sorcerer

#29 LJ_Aztec

LJ_Aztec

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:37 AM

SJSU is a good team, but let's not go crown them yet on the road against a team that while far from great, isn't too bad itself. While it's trendy to give the Spartans the edge this week, I think people are vastly underestimating the SDSU running game (Muema and Kazee 1-2 punch), a quickly gelling offensive line, and a pass catching core chalk full of talent including a near unstoppable tight end for intermediate (and long distance) damage and athletic deep threats that can pick apart the secondary. My point is, it is a grave mistake to quickly assume this is a secondary vs. seconday bottom line on this game. SDSU's ability to run the ball with authority, control T.O.P., and then deploy some play action deep stuff on SJSU is what will win this game for the Aztecs.

Defensively, we had some issues last week, but I don't see a 41 spot being dropped this go around. The proof will be Saturday, but I tend to believe our D isn't as bad as it showed, and Fales isn't as good as he's showed - not in any way a flame (he's certainly capable of beating us with less than what he is showed, other variables considered). But unless De'Leon Eskridge and the Spartan run blocking shows up and punches us in the mouth, SDSU wins by at least 10.

Either way, going to be tough. Can't say I have the best of feelings about this game other than there will be a lot to talk about regardless afterwards...

#30 Rev McQuervo

Rev McQuervo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:12 AM

Question I have is the Sheep really that bad or the Spartans really that good?

Minimal turnovers our D will stop them.

Aztecs 14 point W

#31 Rev McQuervo

Rev McQuervo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:14 AM

Not sure how you can say a team that beats an FCS team 49-41 at home is "much better" than a team who lost 20-17 on the road (admittedly only 20 miles "up the road") to a highly ranked Pac-12 opponent that just beat U$C.

I'm not claiming SJSU is the better team; I like this matchup a lot and I see it as pretty even. I just see no evidence for your "much better" claim. I think it will be a lot of fun.

Rivalry game- all bets were off at Stanfurd.

#32 Fear The Frog

Fear The Frog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:21 AM

I Think SJSU Can win but I'm pulling for SDSU so I can see it going either Way 24/17
Championship (2) NC (1) TIAA (9) SWC
(2) WAC (1) CUSA (4) MWC Bowls 13-15-1
Fight 'em Till Hell Freezes Over then Fight 'em On The Ice

#33 AyeRock559

AyeRock559

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:47 AM

Let's go San Jose St! I will be rooting for you.

9249867.jpeg

#34 k5james

k5james

KYJames AKA Pompous SDSU Fan AKA Your Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,241 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:53 AM

SJSU won't be able to stop our offense and we'll get a couple stops on defense to win by 10 or so.

#35 PackAlum97

PackAlum97

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

I have to pull for soon to be MWC member SJSU in this one, since SDSU has one foot out the door. I think a much improved Spartans team, will give the Aztecs all they can handle.

Should be a good game!

#36 crixus

crixus

Go Spartans!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:11 AM

I'm looking forward to a Spartans win on Saturday and a Chargers win on Sunday, and will be at both games. I live in San Diego and have been looking forward to this weekend since the day the schedules were announced. B) Look for SJSU to extend the series winning streak over SDSU.
*SAN JOSE STATE HAS USED THE SPARTANS NAME SINCE 1925, WHILE MICHIGAN STATE ADOPTED IT THE FOLLOWING YEAR*

#37 cosinama

cosinama

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

Hopefully it is not too hot for the poor little asstec fans this week.

#38 Montyismyhomie

Montyismyhomie

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

Hopefully it is not too hot for the poor little asstec fans this week.

derp

#39 AztecBill

AztecBill

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:05 AM

The last time the Spartans visited the Aztecs
Over the past 9 basketball seasons the Aztecs road record at UNM and at UNLV is the same as New Mexico's home record against UNLV and SDSU.

UNLV, SDSU, UNM head up records, over the past 9 years 23-13 SDSU 18-18 UNLV 13-23 New Mexico

#40 FresnoStateBulldogFan

FresnoStateBulldogFan

Official Fresno St. Homer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:08 AM

Sparty by 35! Beat down those Asshats!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

B..U..L..L..D..O..G..S!! GO DOGS GO!! FIGHT DOGS FIGHT!! GOOOO DOGS!!!!

RIP COACH SWEENEY!

Bulldog Born... Bulldog Bred... I am going to be a Bulldog til the day I'm dead!

"I've got that Bulldog spirit down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart.
I've got that Bulldog spirit down in my heart, down in my heart to stay!" - Sung by Jim Sweeney

Fresno State 35
Assticks 28

#41 WarriorTyme

WarriorTyme

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

SDSU only because they're home team and their offense looks geared up with lots of point the last two weeks. But I really wouldn't be shocked to SJSU win if they capture some early mo.

I agree SDSU wins because there at home but I wouldnt be shocked if SJSU steals one from SDSU either.

#42 SCA

SCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:10 AM

Ill take SJSU by two touchdowns. I dont think SDSU will be able to run all that well against SJSU.

#43 FresnoStateBulldogFan

FresnoStateBulldogFan

Official Fresno St. Homer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:11 AM

SDSU wins if they get a pass rush and at least one FG, if not SJSU will win. It does help that the Aztecs are at home, should be a close game decided late in the 4th. SJSU doesnt show up and get lost on their way to the stadium!!!!

FIFY

______________________________________________________________________________________________

B..U..L..L..D..O..G..S!! GO DOGS GO!! FIGHT DOGS FIGHT!! GOOOO DOGS!!!!

RIP COACH SWEENEY!

Bulldog Born... Bulldog Bred... I am going to be a Bulldog til the day I'm dead!

"I've got that Bulldog spirit down in my heart, down in my heart, down in my heart.
I've got that Bulldog spirit down in my heart, down in my heart to stay!" - Sung by Jim Sweeney

Fresno State 35
Assticks 28

#44 SCA

SCA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:19 AM

If SJSU was able to stop the Stanford rush (somewhat)....What makes SDSU think they will do better.. Just curious? I admit I have not watched SDSU this year. I just saw North Dakota scored over 40. SJSU's resume seems to be a bit better.

#45 StanfordAggie

StanfordAggie

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

I haven't really watched either team play, but it's a very even matchup based on the numbers. Their Sagarin ratings are nearly identical, and Vegas currently favors SDSU by 3.5, which probably reflects nothing more than home field advantage. Should be a fun game.

#46 CockyUNLVPoster

CockyUNLVPoster

SuperUser

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

I haven't seen either team this year but, y'all are making it sound like it will be a good game. I can't see that it is on TV. Anyone, know if it will be broadcast on any station or webcast? I have to cheer for the MWC and will be pulling for SDSU. Next year different story.

#47 AztecHeel

AztecHeel

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:27 AM

FIFY

You have really shown why somebody should dislike you. I have been watching this board for awhile before I joined, and by damn, you are turning a new corner in hatred of the oppostion. You almost have me thinking we are the protaganists of the Iron Bowl. San Jose, pay no mind, it will be a great game between us two, and am pleasantly surprised by the respectful banter. Will be a good game, Aztecs Fight!

#48 AztecHeel

AztecHeel

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:32 AM

I haven't seen either team this year but, y'all are making it sound like it will be a good game. I can't see that it is on TV. Anyone, know if it will be broadcast on any station or webcast? I have to cheer for the MWC and will be pulling for SDSU. Next year different story.

I think it will be good, two teams trying to establish themselves, and SJSU is rolling. It is still favored Aztecs, but the last game puts many an Aztec on edge as far as the defense is. The offense should be decent, as long as we can run. My prediction is Aztecs, due to the removal of head from butt on the D, especially the line.

#49 CaliforniaStateUniversity

CaliforniaStateUniversity

Beginner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:58 AM

At first glance this looks like an easy San Jose win, but with home field on their side, SD might be able to steal a win if they decide to play violent and try to knock Fales out of the game. If Fales is on form for SJ, Spartans should win by two touchdowns.

All Gold. The rebranded California State University. Est. 1857. Visit us at One Washington Square, San Jose, CA 95192

#50 k5james

k5james

KYJames AKA Pompous SDSU Fan AKA Your Daddy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,241 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:59 AM

At first glance this looks like an easy San Jose win, but with home field on their side, SD might be able to steal a win if they decide to play violent and try to knock Fales out of the game. If Fales is on form for SJ, Spartans should win by two touchdowns.

Based on what? A moral victory against Stanford?