Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Mysfit is this your house?

Actually I have this:

http://catfencein.com/brochure-2/

I have the version that keeps other cats out..............it doesn't look like much but it works. The netting is bird netting so it isn't very visible.

That actually makes sense. Let's the cats get outside without having to worry about them getting out of your yard and fighting with other cats.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I envisioned more trees at your place, a couple of weeping willows and perhaps some crooked old haunted tree.  Maybe that is the front yard. 

We used to use our 24 lb cat to keep the neighborhood cats out. It was pretty effective. 

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

That was the first summer, the trees have grown in since then although there are only 2 in the backyard. There is a gigantic grape that overfills an arbor 4x8 feet.

The river birch are out front. The front is on the overgrown side...bird friendly with feeders and places to perch.

24 pounds is a lot of cat....

One of the Final Five..........

I loved that cat, the others too, but there is something about a lap kitty that covers your entire lap and chest. He and his 18 pound brother and littermate once took on an adult Rottweiler. The dog's owner had to pull the dog out of the cats. The big one (Packo) had it by its throat from underneath, claws around its head while the other had a good grip on its back, kind of like when you see a lion trying to take down an animal.

I wasn't home to see it, but our house guests were pretty surprised to see them attack. Dog shouldn't have been in the yard. they were an incredible pair. Both have passed and now we've got a little 10 pounder that stays inside. Good sized for our RV.

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

Cats taking on dogs......wow

There are so many dangers to cats; cars, people, dogs, predators, antifreeze, other cats that I keep mine confined.

I have a 22 pounder and when he wants laptime he doesn't take no for an answer. Big baby....

10 pounds is a nice size

One of the Final Five..........

Cats taking on dogs......wow

There are so many dangers to cats; cars, people, dogs, predators, antifreeze, other cats that I keep mine confined.

I have a 22 pounder and when he wants laptime he doesn't take no for an answer. Big baby....

10 pounds is a nice size

my daughter lives in so cal now, and when she takes her red heeler and a rescued dachsund out for a walk, she literally has to pull them past the place where a cat is usually waiting for them...the cat hisses and takes a swat at them, just for good measure, lol...they are afraid, they don't mess with the cat. it only took once.