Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdsuphilip4

Norm Chow

What is his buyout?

iF WE DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY TRAVEL SUBS, WE WOULD HAVE PAID HIS ASS OFF ALREADY.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Wow, is he that bad? Sorry, I haven't had the chance to watch a game yet.

He got a good deserved booing this game. He's bad....

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

iF WE DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY TRAVEL SUBS, WE WOULD HAVE PAID HIS ASS OFF ALREADY.

As much as I hate to say it: take that issue up with Dennis Farrell and the eight California schools you currently play conference games against in non-football sports.

edit: if the buyout is indeed a couple cases of pineapple, a pig and some money I'm sure even UH could afford it.

A couple of cases of pineapples, a whole pig and some money.

are you talking Porky Pig

a5f015baf0dfa8934aa3ed03b2463e3b.jpg

or Maxwell, the Geico pig?

305.jpg

3rd year of a 5 year deal.

$550,000 next year, $200,000 (if we bought him out) the last year.

Been stated that there was not enough support to buy him out last season. The big time donors at Na Koa have said that they are ready to step up and buy him out if he has another train wreck season.

Think the magic number is 5 games for Chow to come back next season.

With this craptastic offense, I don't see how he gets to that number.

But then again, our no balls AD seems to buy any excuse any of his coaches gives him. So, you never know. Chow might play the injury card.

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12

Been stated that there was not enough support to buy him out last season. The big time donors at Na Koa have said that they are ready to step up and buy him out if he has another train wreck season.

But then again, our no balls AD seems to buy any excuse any of his coaches gives him. So, you never know. Chow might play the injury card.

I honestly have no opinion as to whether or not you should buy Norm Chow out ... *on a personal note: I like Hawaii and hope you succeed ( I have family in the islands and they seem to like your team)

My question is this: what do you have to offer a high level coach of the type you need to get your program running in the right direction in the time frame that you want it done in? By what do you have to offer -- I mean:

pay (your AD openly contemplated shutting down the program due to funding shortfalls), funding for a staff of the level you need to get this program on the right track, recruiting and travel budget, work environment (how long is his leash), facilities (you had some bad press there too), money to buy games of the variety to build confidence in a team in transition (while notching some wins) ... etc. 

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

You'd think Hawaii would be able to put together an impressive indy schedule full of PAC-12, Big-12 and Utah teams wanting to go out there for recruiting.  They'd lose them all but they could fill a sked better than Idaho or NMSU.

Not gonna happen. Hawaii's athletics department is being run by even bigger fools than was the case with SJSU pre-Blaymaier.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Whatever they do with Chow, Kevin Clune better stay. I'm totally impressed with his defense and the players they got on defense.

Maybe the June Jones supporters are gathering right now with the big bucks. Whatever happens, please keep Clune.

Whatever they do with Chow, Kevin Clune better stay. I'm totally impressed with his defense and the players they got on defense.

Maybe the June Jones supporters are gathering right now with the big bucks. Whatever happens, please keep Clune.

Clune got a two year deal.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20140116_New_UH_defensive_coordinator_says_hes_fired_up.html?id=240655301

Defense (for the most part) ain't our problem. It's that wretched offense.

Go Warriors! Go Bows! Go Wahine! GO HAWAI'I!!

aloha-stadium.jpg

This is Mountain West Country

ALOHA!

Follow me on Twitter! @UHawkFan12

Clune got a two year deal.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/20140116_New_UH_defensive_coordinator_says_hes_fired_up.html?id=240655301

Defense (for the most part) ain't our problem. It's that wretched offense.

Amen!

Im telling you, Dino Babers needs to come back on coach his Alma Mater...His Offense can sure move at BGSU

Hard to get any kind of feeling due to their lackluster opponents so far.  We should know more after Saturday.  I am planning to tune in on ESPN 2 to see how he does.