Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boise fan

AF @ Georgia State

We went to that crap soft coverage defense midway through the 3d qtr when up by 21, AND we immediately morphed into last years D. Coaching staff was playing not to lose. We can't ever take our foot off of the gas on both sides of the ball. We are just not too good right now. At least we have a week off to fix everything.

We went to that crap soft coverage defense midway through the 3d qtr when up by 21, AND we immediately morphed into last years D. Coaching staff was playing not to lose. We can't ever take our foot off of the gas on both sides of the ball. We are just not too good right now. At least we have a week off to fix everything.

Do us a favor and wait until September 28th to fix things.  :ph34r:

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

I caught much of the game. Definitely not a great defenses, but I was impressed with how much/well AF threw the ball.

Yeah, they can definitely sling the ball around, but if I were them, I'd focus more on the ground game to keep their defense off the field as much as possible.

Air Force is obviously better that last year. Offense has some depth in players and play calling. Defense is better, but in both of the last two games, coaching has let us down. Defense does well until the later part of the 3rd quarter. Then instead of staying with what worked all game, they revert back to playing not to lose instead of playing to win. Corners play most of the game 5 yards off of the receiver. Linebackers and DB's blitz. Then towards the end of the game, corners back off of the receivers and there is no mor pressure on the QB.

Normally I have no problem saying when players are screwing up. I slammed Air Force a lot last year. But the last two games were what they were because of conservative coaching. And yes, Air Force should have won against wyoming. It is what it is. I will say it's not for lack of talent. If the defensive coaching will get their heads out of their a$$ and/or the players say screw it we're staying aggressive, they will be a tough team.

Offensively, they need to block better for the run. But with a passing game as part of the scheme, they definitely can keep the opposing defense guessing.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

Just feel a need to chime in here. But the average AFA graduating class is right around 1,000. The entire school has a student population of 4,000. The alumni is only around 60k. The majority of active duty grads are typically doing some jobs that keep them away from the TV on Saturdays. So, yes there are only a couple of us on this board!

Air Force has about 3 fans on this board, max.