Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EvilVodka

Can BYU make the playoff??

Can BYU make the playoff??  I think they can, but they're going to need some help....they pretty much need to destroy all remaining opponents, and hope that 2 of the 5 power conferences AND Notre Dame finish with 2 losses or more

Also, the MW needs to quit being tight wads and let BYU put their other sports in the conference

LSU alum/FSU fan

No, but they will likely be the Access Bowl at large if they go undefeated.

That would be the worst case scenario for G5s IMHO so I'm rooting for them to drop a couple.

BYU does not have any ranked teams on their schedule this year.  Their toughest game looks to be at Boise.

This from CBSSports - "The Cougars are 2-0 and their only guaranteed access to the New Year's Six bowls is a top-four finish. Time to join a conference."

Their schedule is just too weak this year. If they win out this year and next, they would have a shot.

Winning out next year would be a shoe in. All the road P5 wins

The Masters 5k road race All American.

BYU does not have any ranked teams on their schedule this year. Their toughest game looks to be at Boise.

This from CBSSports - "The Cougars are 2-0 and their only guaranteed access to the New Year's Six bowls is a top-four finish. Time to join a conference."

12-0 BYU is playing in a new years bowl. BYU would be 3 or 4 in polls. They would still get shut out of play offs but they would cash in on a 17 million pay day

No, but they will likely be the Access Bowl at large if they go undefeated.

That would be the worst case scenario for G5s IMHO so I'm rooting for them to drop a couple.

I don't understand how the Access Bowl works, and several people on this board are saying that BYU cannot get into the game.

Knowing that know actually know what you are talking about when you post, can you explain to me like I am 80 years old how BYU can get the invite?

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

BYU has a better chance than any BigTen team getting in this year.....buuuuuut, committee will be looking at SOS and I don't see it happening.

Oddly, BYU's best chance of ever getting to the 4 team playoff is if the G5 collectively kicks butt against P5 OOC.....doesn't look like this year is the year....sorry, Cougs. We'll try harder next year.

And no to BYU oly-only in MW. Football-only is all MW accepts and that's the way it should be because MW is a business, not a charity.

~ FF

Can BYU make the playoff?? I think they can, but they're going to need some help....they pretty much need to destroy all remaining opponents, and hope that 2 of the 5 power conferences AND Notre Dame finish with 2 losses or more

Also, the MW needs to quit being tight wads and let BYU put their other sports in the conference

Every team has one or two bad games so even if BYU runs the table they won't be all be blowouts. Hell the sec wins a national title every year and that team survives a FCS 4th quarter reffs handing the game to them scare every year. But hey when you play 4 FCS games non-conf, and skip most the heavy hitters in conf and no one bats an eye at a near loss to northern Alaska. No wonder you play for a title every year.

BYU's schedule this year has more bowl teams then any SEC team has every played, yet its weak.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU does not have any ranked teams on their schedule this year.  Their toughest game looks to be at Boise.

BYU just beat no. 25 Texas.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU has a better chance than any BigTen team getting in this year.....buuuuuut, committee will be looking at SOS and I don't see it happening.

Oddly, BYU's best chance of ever getting to the 4 team playoff is if the G5 collectively kicks butt against P5 OOC.....doesn't look like this year is the year....sorry, Cougs. We'll try harder next year.

And no to BYU oly-only in MW. Football-only is all MW accepts and that's the way it should be because MW is a business, not a charity.

Agree with this post.

Also BYU fans are happy in the WCC now, mainly because Gonzaga is as good as any MWC school, and the other WCC are spending money and getting good.

Every team has one or two bad games so even if BYU runs the table they won't be all be blowouts. Hell the sec wins a national title every year and that team survives a FCS 4th quarter reffs handing the game to them scare every year. But hey when you play 4 FCS games non-conf, and skip most the heavy hitters in conf and no one bats an eye at a near loss to northern Alaska. No wonder you play for a title every year.

BYU's schedule this year has more bowl teams then any SEC team has every played, yet its weak.

You guys gotta hope the top ACC and Big12 teams stumble like the BigTen the rest of this OOC period. Then, you have to hope the committee doesn't take 2 Pac12s + 2 SEC.

I think you have a better chance than Lloyd Christmas, but not by much.....but I'm saying 'there is a chance'. ;)

Edit: BYU of the east has to stumble as well.....which brings up an idea....you guys need to try your darnedest to sched ND every year and hope BYU is ND's only loss.....that would be a great lynch pin to get in.

~ FF